Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1875 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2019, 11:49 VaranDragon

Flo wrote on May 20, 2019, 06:18:
Glad to see Rage 2 here. It's an open world shooter for people like me who hate open world and love DOOM gunplay.

Apparently you can finish the game in 4 hours. Just saying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 11:47 VaranDragon

KS wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:17:
For some real fun try replaying RPGs from the early 90s. Enjoy your pad of paper to write down all quest clues and where to go back to. And no Internet if you get stuck.

I know you're trying to be snarky and all, but those were actually kind of fun. No hand holding, stupid exclamation marks over NPCs, and quest markers everywhere on the map. You actually had to use your brain to progress and making progress was it's own reward.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2019, 06:06 VaranDragon

Im glad to see Mordhau doing really well. It's a small game done by a small studio and it's quite good too.  

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
6. Re: WoW Classic in August; Testing begins Tomorrow May 15, 2019, 05:14 VaranDragon

I think Blizzard kind of dropped the ball with this. From what I've seen graphically the game is exactly the same as the original WoW. There have been absolutely no updates to the textures, models or meshes of the original game.

I understand why they did it, they wanted to give the gameplay experience of playing vanilla WoW back to the fans, but why not update it to modern standards from a graphical standpoint? Considering the development time they spent doing this "port" they could have done all of that and made it look like a modern game.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
10. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 11:27 VaranDragon

Maybe this is off-topic, but from what I've seen of this game I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, even if it was offered for free from GoG.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 9, 2019, 19:31 VaranDragon

The first one was kind of "meh". Maybe this will be better? The scene is pretty good.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 9, 2019, 11:47 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2019, 15:34:
VaranDragon wrote on May 8, 2019, 06:58:
Trump's trade tariffs are about as effective as killing the patient to cure the disease.

Whether we like it or not globalization is a thing, and the biggest culprit is corporate internationalism. You want to blame someone blame the corporations for wanting to maximise profits. Which doesn't really work either, since thats exactly the point of their existence.

I'm not sure that tariffs are the right thing, but something has to be done about the Chinese subsidizing industries to kill off foreign competitors and capture the world market: steel, rare earth metals, etc.

Why not try their tactics? I mean are they wrong in trying to secure the best possible future for themselves and their citizens? Isn't that what EVERY country in the world should be doing? The ironic thing is that none of that would have been possible if it wasn't for greedy western coroporations that looked for cheap skilled and unskilled foreign labour and found a seemingly perfect solution in China.

If you build up an industrial infrastructure that services the entire world in one country, you can't really blame that country for taking advantage of that, can you? Did you really expect the chinese to just let themselves be the cheap labor for foreign corporations in perpetuity?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Now please excuse me May 9, 2019, 11:20 VaranDragon

Im probably going to wait for the entire miniseries to air before binge watching.

Looks very promising, just hope they didn't overdramatize it. There was enough real drama that happened in Chernobyl that going full out hollywood style might trivialize it.

Also not all the consequences of Chernobyl were negative. Before you all nail me to the cross, the disaster at Chernobyl has allowed the plant and wildlife inside the exclusion zone to recover to unprecedented levels. For example the Gray wolf population (endangered in the Ukraine and extinct in most european countries) is nine times higher in the exclusion zone than anywhere else in the Ukraine. The main reason for this is of course the almost complete absence of human beings in this huge area.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 8, 2019, 06:58 VaranDragon

Trump's trade tariffs are about as effective as killing the patient to cure the disease.

Whether we like it or not globalization is a thing, and the biggest culprit is corporate internationalism. You want to blame someone blame the corporations for wanting to maximise profits. Which doesn't really work either, since thats exactly the point of their existence.

19. Re: Chuck Norris a Day Calendar May 7, 2019, 07:03 VaranDragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIzkw0-jns4

Some of the finest cinematography ever put on celluloid.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse May 7, 2019, 06:49 VaranDragon

eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2019, 03:31:
jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2019, 23:51:
Starbucks. It's everywhere.

It's really just a good example on how little the show runners care anymore. There is someone there, who is paid, whose entire job it is to prevent things like these.

And the coffee cup wasn't the only fuckup, naming the newly announced lord of the RIVERS with his wrong title? WTF?

Changing Daenerys wigs MID CONVERSATION?

The show is going downhill hard.

These are really minor, minor things compared to how badly written the story has become. (Unless you suffer from OCD)
It's not that the dialogue is bad per se, it's just the story has become predictable and a lot of things are resolved way too simply or one dimensionally. (The whole Bran arc is completely meaningless, same for the Night King etc. etc.)
It's still a satisfying watch, but it could have been so much more with a little more effort in that department.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 6, 2019, 16:47 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on May 6, 2019, 12:14:
Bill Borre wrote on May 6, 2019, 11:24:
It's interesting how much press Bernie gets but the establishment lines up behind people like Clinton and Biden.

Put yourself in their shoes - some guy that's always belittled and demeaned you suddenly decides to join you for his own best interests, not yours. He still maintains that he does not agree with you on many of your core points, wants to do things differently than what you think is right, and essentially wants to dismantle you and rebuild you in his own image. Do you happily put all your support behind him? Probably not. Fundamentally, he wants you destroyed.

I get this logic. Despite the popular support that Sanders gathered in the primaries, the DNC chose to back a candidate that would represent their own interests over the popular one.

However if we follow this logic to its conclusion, either the DNC seriously miscalculated the repercussions of its decision (They believed that Trump would be a pushover for Clinton) or they don't really care about the presidency as long as it's someone who would not dramatically alter the political status-quo.

Both of these conclusions are horribly damning of the current political situation and climate in the US.

9. Re: May 6, 2019, 10:34 VaranDragon

Mordhau is one of those games where actually training with someone who knows what they are doing can improve your skills by a HUGE amount. Always liked those kinds of games.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2019, 10:29 VaranDragon

Always thought that although it was a decent film, Titanic was really over-rated and over-hyped. I guess that honor belongs to another movie now. (Pending Oscars)  

News Comments > Valve Index Details; Preorders Tomorrow
5. Re: Valve Index Details; Preorders Tomorrow Apr 30, 2019, 15:23 VaranDragon

I would love to invest into a VR headset. However 1000$ is way too expensive. These things need to get cheaper, not more expensive, with each generation if they are to attain any widespread adoption.  

45. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2019, 04:08 VaranDragon

Simon Says wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 02:37:
The Pyro wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 15:46:
Unfortunately, for me GoT is wrapping up in about the same way as Lost. It's an ending, but it's not a very satisfying one because they haven't wrapped up all the various plot lines (the return of magic, birth of the dragons, the significance of the comet, the return of the others, R'hllor, why anyone should care about saving the three-eyed raven) in a way that makes sense.

That's what the books will be for... I'm glad, it will leave something to look forward to ( in a decade or 2 at this rate, kidding ) after the TV serie is over. I doubt Martin will just leave all those threads hanging.

Yeah I have a feeling that Martin deliberately left some things unsaid when he explained the ending of the series to the show producers so that he could wrap these things up in the books. (If he ever finishes them)

With that said one key character is still alive who could potentially "explain" all of those mysteries to the others, after all we still have three more episodes to go.

I quite liked the episode, all in all, though I feel letting most of the key characters survive felt like a bit of a cop out considering how much of a beating their armies took.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 27, 2019, 11:30 VaranDragon

The only potential console that would interest me would be one which could properly support a keyboard and mouse interface.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2019 Announced
15. Re: BlizzCon 2019 Announced Apr 26, 2019, 04:33 VaranDragon

For 750$ they better include some hookers and blow.

I used to get excited for Blizzcon (even though I never attended) simply for the cool game reveals, but it seems those days are long gone...:(

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2019, 14:04 VaranDragon

I kind of like this trailer. Sets it up nicely, though no one who is familiar with the character will really buy the horror angle, at least not from the swamp thing itself.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2019, 15:41 VaranDragon

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 15:17:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 14:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 13:59:
Red886 wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 11:37:
i sure would like to read a short book on how they decided to release this phone for public hype without real world testing before hand.....

nobody taking responsibility for anything up the chain of command, sadly very common in Asian companies.
Boeing says hi.

Let me rephrase, "sadly very common in nearly all large corporations"

And that is pretty damn sad. And yeah, Boeing is a far more extremely egregious case too. Although compared to the famous "Fukushima energy company" even Boing is small fish in terms of incompetence.

Bullshit. You can't blame the reactor fail at Fukushima on the company. The ultimate cause was a tsunami. Also the death count related to the Fukushima accident is nowehere near the death count caused by the two jet crashes.

1875 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo