Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for RedEye9

Real Name RedEye9   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RedEye9
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
Homepage http://www.needtoimpeach.com/
Signed On Dec 21, 2014, 23:00
Total Comments 11950 (Ninja)
User ID 58135

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 22:55 RedEye9

anonymous anonymous wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 22:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 16:22:
Gamergate is exactly what it appears to be: a relatively small and very loud group of video game enthusiasts who claim that their goal is to audit ethics in the gaming-industrial complex and who are instead defined by the campaigns of criminal harassment that some of them have carried out against several women.

Fixed that for you.

So what did the FBI do to the primary figures of GamerGate who orchestrated the criminal activity?
14 posts in 16 years yet somehow you've managed to quote me twice. I'd say I felt honored but the feeling is more akin to wanting to wirebrush my brain.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 16, 2019, 21:40 RedEye9

Stormsinger wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 21:33:
Prez wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 19:29:
The biggest thing that bothered me with the gamergate saga is how universal ugly truths of humanity somehow became a specific problem with gamers. I know everyone has heard more than one person demean or harass a woman - call her a 'whore' for doing the same thing that guys proudly go out to do every weekend, and the like - who hasn't touched a videogame since they were ten. Intolerant and insensitive people exist; that some play games doesn't define an entire culture, but that was the takeaway.
Funny, the biggest thing that bothered -me- about gamergate was how many gamers vehemently denied that any such harassment was happening. That's -still- the big takeaway, in my book. You can find a dozen examples right here on bluesnews, if you take a few minutes and look back.

And frankly, fuck those guys, I refuse to share any sense of community with those assholes, any more than I would share a sense of community with monsters like Epstein and Trump (and for the same reasons).
Well said.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up
3. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up Aug 16, 2019, 21:26 RedEye9

Prez wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 21:21:
I was hoping that when he bowed out that he would stay out. The games industry has moved on and it just doesn't seem that there's a place for him anymore.
you wanna stay down

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2019, 21:15 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 20:40:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:43:
But what baffles me is how you snuck in the new Avatar. Wink heaven help me if you've had that image forever and I just now noticed it

Burrito magic. Like black magic, but tastier.

Hopefully with black beans.
Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:02:
...I can't imagine being rude to them for no reason. And people usually pay it forward...

<shrugs> In my long experience, what it turned in to was a never ending stream of support requests for free. Oh, and the always popular "you killed my computer" because their hard drive dies...two weeks after I helped them install a printer (actual example). Moreover, it has never been "paid forward" in the 28 years I have been in my field. So...fuck 'em. I don't experience the irritation of a bunch of tech lampreys and I don't have to fuck with computers that people treat like toasters that sideline as low rent whores.

That's a win-win in my world.

I get asked all the time what the best brand lap/desk top is.
And my response is they're all the same, and how the fuck would I know. No one ever brings me a perfectly working machine, all I see is broke shit.

Several times I have been at clients just in time to administer last rights to their box.
They only call once everything their grandkids have tried has failed, or after a nearby lightning strike.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 16, 2019, 20:05 RedEye9

After reading the article i doubt paper ballots would be much better.

The problem with Democracy is that a large portion of the populace are stupid.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2019, 19:58 RedEye9

t-shirt = take my money
actually nuking mars - hard pass

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Dozens of Young People Hospitalized for Breathing and Lung Problems After Vaping Aug 16, 2019, 19:39 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:41:
That's a rather misleading, click bait headline. From the article:

NPR
a little less click baity What's Behind A Cluster Of Vaping-Related Hospitalizations?
Best Guess; don't get your shit off the street, go figure

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 16:57 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 16:48:
Besides the fact that 40% of Americans don't know how to correctly use this tool -- what's your point?
You got the percentages mixed up.
My point being is that cc debt in the US is insane and the majority of people who have said debt are stuck in a horrible revolving cycle, that's all.

Here's the whole thing.
"about 40 percent of Americans have enough income to pay off their balance – and do so in full every month. For them, a high credit card balance is not a problem.

For the remaining 60 percent, however, maintaining a high credit card balance can mean hundreds of dollars in interest payments a year and possibly a low credit score
."

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 16:22 RedEye9

Gamergate is exactly what it appears to be: a relatively small and very loud group of video game enthusiasts who claim that their goal is to audit ethics in the gaming-industrial complex and who are instead defined by the campaigns of criminal harassment that some of them have carried out against several women.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 16:03 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:40:
Yes and no. I'll agree the interest rates on nearly all credit cards are bordering on criminal. However, JPM isn't doing anything other banks aren't. That said, for the last two decades I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars on credit cards every single year -- and I have paid exactly zero dollars in interest.

Credit cards like so many things are tools -- used correctly they are handy and helpful, used incorrectly they can easily cause great harm.
Americans owe a record $1.04 trillion in credit card debt – up from less than $854 billion five years ago.
On average, Americans owe $6,354 on bank-issued credit cards.
  • about 40 percent of Americans have enough income to pay off their balance

• For the remaining 60 percent ...
  •  

General Discussion > Top 10 Shows
    29. No subject Aug 16, 2019, 15:28 RedEye9

The Umbrella Academy  

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning
    10. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 14:30 RedEye9

DrEvil wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:49:
    RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:07:
    What does it do for a highly skilled player.

Makes victory even more satisfying when they still win despite the random chance element this adds?

The whole kerfuffle around this reminds me of the arguments against having the BFG in Quake 2 Multiplayer. It’s silly.

I think Epic is doing the right thing here.
    Ah, that makes sense.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2019, 14:27 RedEye9

Sepharo wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:23:
    PHJF wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:12:
    Ohio doesn't have a DMV...

They have an equivalent though of course, people can figure it out.

In Michigan we have a SoS, "Secretary of State" but you could call it a DMV and we'd know exactly what you were talking about.

edit: Neat, here are all the equivalent regional names:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Motor_Vehicles#United_States
    In California it is goes by the name "Where Souls Go To Die", that is if you have an appointment of course.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
    29. removed Aug 16, 2019, 13:57 RedEye9

* REMOVED *
    This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2019, 14:01.

News Comments > Op Ed
    4. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 13:40 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:27:
    Cutter, you bust on liberals, but you're a liberal.
    please don't

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2019, 12:43 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:34:
    RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:16:
    It always good to know about these things as many of us are tech support for our acquaintance's.
    "Are you running Linux?" That weeds out 99% of the "free" support requests I get.
    I understand your wife giving her approval for you to get a new pc. Hell, I even understand Blues better half telling him he should get the superior chair.

But what baffles me is how you snuck in the new Avatar. Wink heaven help me if you've had that image forever and I just now noticed it

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 12:10 RedEye9

Mount Everest reminds me of the Apple Store on "new" iphone release day. idiots lined up for blocks
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-*-*-_--_-_-*-

Denmark Offers to Buy U.S. with the exception of its government
    If Denmark’s bid for the United States is accepted, the Scandinavian nation has ambitious plans for its new acquisition. “We believe that by giving the U.S. an educational system and national health care, it could be transformed from a vast land mass into a great nation,” the spokesperson said.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2019, 12:26.

News Comments > Op Ed
    1. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 11:39 RedEye9

til
    By design, Gamergate is nearly impossible to define. It refers, variously, to a set of incomprehensible Benghazi-type conspiracy theories about game developers and journalists; to a fairly broad group of gamers concerned with corruption in gaming journalism; to a somewhat narrower group of gamers who believe women should be punished for having sex; and, finally, to a small group of gamers conducting organized campaigns of stalking and harassment against women.
    /and thread

News Comments > Morning Patches
    1. Re: Morning Patches Aug 16, 2019, 11:19 RedEye9

Word to the wise, Wait a month after nmsky drops a major patch before hopping back in the uni.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2019, 11:16 RedEye9

It always good to know about these things as many of us are tech support for our acquaintance's.  

11950 Comments. 598 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo