Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Nullity

Real Name Nullity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nullity
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 6, 2014, 16:57
Total Comments 557 (Apprentice)
User ID 58038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
31. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 14:05 Nullity

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 21:40:
Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn
But they mostly don't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2019, 13:45 Nullity

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:42:
It's direct to video for a reason.
I guess that explains it. I wasn't aware, thanks.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2019, 13:32 Nullity

Doom: Annihilation - We Call It Hell trailer
That can't be real, right? I think that might look even worse than the original movie, which was already bottom-of-the-barrel.

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare
11. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 13:22 Nullity

Xokerat wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 03:09:
"Sorry but the big publishers have become irrelevant. And none other more so than EA. They still have their tiny genre niche"

Quite literally one of the dumbest statements I have seen on Blues in a long time..

You are not a "niche" if you have some of the biggest brands in gaming year after year..

Back in 1999 I hard a similar thing.. "omg EA is just rehashing the same thing now.. they will be dead in 2 or 3 years if they continue this"... That was for Fifa!
Amazingly, EA is still doing Fifa, and ranking up the sales each and ever time

around 70% of people who buy and play games never go on gaming related internet sites, and of those that do, less than 1% actually comment in threads.. and people that do comment, like you and me are usually jaded, angry and burnt out from years of being overly involved with the gaming space in general.

Also.. any place worse than Bioware as a workplace?
Thousands of studios with clueless tards that think just because they dislike the big brands they are the hottest shit since Notch and dont understand why no-one buys their "totally innovative and different" game.

lol
Found the EA employee.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?
17. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Aug 15, 2019, 15:57 Nullity

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 15:50:
Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 15:37:
Why all the hate? Do some of you guys know him personally? I suppose some people who frequent Blue's could be ex-employees or something.

Nobody hates on him (at least as far as I know). We're just joshing him because he's such a pretentious person and projects under his creative direction/studio tend to fail spectacularly. If he wants to return, then return quietly. Make a game that'll blow people away. Then he will have earned praise.
Yeah, he's a total diva.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?
7. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Aug 15, 2019, 12:30 Nullity

It's ok Cliffy, you can stay retired. We won't mind, promise.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2019, 23:32 Nullity

phinn wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 21:57:
Nullity wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 12:50:
Acer Launches Predator XN253QX Monitor with 240 Hz & 0.4 ms G2G Response Time
TN panel, 1080p max resolution, and no HDR. No thank you.

Supports 240Hz and G-Sync, it's clearly an awesome gaming monitor and not ideal for much else.
I guess I have a different idea of what features a new gaming monitor should have in 2019.

I suppose it could be useful for pro gamers, depending on the game being played. Though even then, I'd argue that 240Hz isn't as useful or important as a higher resolution and better color reproduction than a TN panel.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2019, 13:53 Nullity

NVIDIA Achieves Breakthroughs in Language Understanding to Enable Real-Time Conversational AI
Relevant.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2019, 12:50 Nullity

Acer Launches Predator XN253QX Monitor with 240 Hz & 0.4 ms G2G Response Time
TN panel, 1080p max resolution, and no HDR. No thank you.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2019, 12:36 Nullity

PC Building Simulator Is Now Available For Xbox One
Hmmm... Thinking2

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 18:39 Nullity

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 17:16:
In the comic book (which I hear is awful), Deep doesn't do the raping, A-Train does. Which complicates A-Train too much, so they had Deep do it here, and thought that what happens in Ohio was nicely symmetric.

I still disagree. Deep, outside of that one action, is a likeable enough dipshit. He tries hard, he's earnest, and he's actually pretty good at his job despite no one respecting him. Of the superhero stuff we see, a good chunk comes from him. He does a fine job at the dock, he finds the crate at the bottom of the ocean, etc. He's more competent than he's given credit for, and seems like a nice enough guy outside of, y'know, that irredeemable thing.

But the show doesn't treat it like that. It doesn't make the point of "even the nicest people could be predators." Nor does it make Deep anything more than nicely (but blandly) pathetic. His patheticness, and the actor portraying him, are fairly endearing.

Which makes it bad. I get what you're saying about how it opens (which, I mean, duh, of course that's why she was raped), and yes, having it open like that is a key to the whole show (though any number of bad actions could be that key), but making it Deep doing it destroys the arc he's given. He gets no redemption, but his storyline is given a tone that makes him otherwise likeable. Deep didn't need to be the character doing this. They shoe-horned it into his plotline because they couldn't think of anyone else to do it, but didn't then adjust the rest of his arc.
I get where you're coming from, but I guess I just interpreted his character arc a bit differently. It's not like the rape happened and then it was never addressed again. Stillwell confronted him about it to make him give his corporate PR non-apology before shipping him off to Ohio, and he even had a discussion with Starlight about it at the docks. Except he brushed it off like it was no big deal before Starlight put him in his place. The writers obviously thought about the implications of having Deep commit the rape, as that would have been a perfect opportunity for him to try and apologize or otherwise make up for it, but he never did.

In fact, I don't remember any point where it seemed like he felt remorse, even in private. Given that, I personally don't feel it ruins his character arc, it just alters the meaning of it.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 16:21 Nullity

Warning, spoilers (although nothing too major)...

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 15:32:
Nullity wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 14:55:
The Boys was amazing, can't wait for season 2.

I don't know if I'd say amazing, but very entertaining. It still had some warts that brought it down a bit. I think the casting of Homelander was lacking, as he could sell the evil sleaze side well but not really the all-American boyscout facade - he always came across as menacing.
I disagree with this, I thought Anthony Starr was excellent. His public-facing persona evoked old-school Reeves Superman, while being just over-the-top and sarcastic enough as a wink to the audience who knows it's all an act. I thought he did an excellent job.

As an aside, for anyone who hasn't seen it, he was the lead in another show called "Banshee" on Cinemax that was really good. I highly recommend it.

The whole chosen-by-God thing seemed to come out of nowhere, all of a sudden we're in GWB-era religious revivals sweeping the country, but hadn't really set up that Vought pushed these guys with a religous angle (that now feels dated.)
I do agree that they could have done a little better job setting that up, as it kinda came out of nowhere. It was hinted at a few times before that episode, but not quite enough so that it wasn't a surprise. Though it didn't take long to put the pieces together, so I don't feel it was too much of a detriment.

And Deep could have been an incredible character, but he started on such an irredeemable note that the tone felt off - he was sad to the point of being sympathetic, it seemed, even though he was a rapist. Had they not done the rape (just made it a misunderstanding when he took his pants off), or had they not gone after a tone that made him likeable (and made his pet cause one that's actually widely popular - being anti-Seaworld) it would have worked better.
Deep's irredeemable introduction was very deliberate, as it set up the whole premise of "fake asshole heroes", and set up Starlight's main character arc. They needed to introduce the concept somehow, so one of the supes had to be "it". Personally, I think hitting the audience with it like a ton of bricks in that way worked better than if they would have gradually or subtly worked up to it.

Also, later making Deep seem "sad" was also an important step (in that he was then violated similarly to how he treated Starlight), but I didn't feel it was in a sympathetic manner - more "pathetic" and "got what you deserve/see how you like it".

I saw the side-plot of Deep attempting to rescue captive sea-animals as a consequence of him trying to find something to make himself feel relevant after no one gave a shit about him anymore. While normally that would be a worthy cause, he bungled that too and it backfired on him.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 14:55 Nullity

Fion wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 13:51:
I just finished watching The Boys season 1 last night, and I really like the show. For those that haven't heard:

It's premise is 'super heroes in real life', with human ego's and potential for corruption, mental illness, and the exploitation of these 'heroes' by a mega-corporation. It's based around a guy who wants revenge on a hero that wronged him and who gets involved with a group of guys that want all 'supes' dead, as they get in over their head and reveal a giant conspiracy.

It's funny, it's dramatic, and it's quite well done. It also ends with a serious curve-ball.
+1

The Boys was amazing, can't wait for season 2.

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Launches
17. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 13:37 Nullity

Did they fix the loot yet?

The game has good bones and could be decent, but they had way too much that needed fixed or completely redesigned - the loot situation being a big one. Until that is fixed, I wouldn't consider trying it again.

News Comments > Sin Slayers Next Month
2. Re: Sin Slayers Next Month Aug 7, 2019, 13:32 Nullity

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 07:09:
"Roguelike"...DRINK!
I know, right? The amount of games that identify as "roguelike" recently is crazy. And as soon as I see that term in the description, I immediately move on to the next news article. My game-play time is relatively limited, so I don't have much interest in anything that forces progression loss, such as perma-death or losing gear/currency/etc when you die.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Amara Trailer
15. Re: Borderlands 3 Amara Trailer Aug 7, 2019, 13:19 Nullity

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 19:46:
Darks wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 15:30:
Hump wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 15:10:
what? The Prequel was great.

The Pre-Sequel was OK, I personally got tired of the oxygen hunting worrying all the time. Got old really quickly.
Gotta play as Claptrap. Oxygen not required!
Or hack it out with cheat engine, like I did.

I can't stand micro-manage mechanics in games that aren't inherently about micro-managing things (and sometimes even then).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2019, 14:32 Nullity

Simon Says wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 10:46:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 07:44:

A gun toting US citizen speaking sense about gun control? *enthusastic applause from a northern neighbor*
As another US citizen who owns a few firearms, I completely agree with Burrito.

In fact, the majority of the US population agrees on a lot of this stuff, but unfortunately, the government doesn't care and is more concerned with obeying the NRA and its corporate master lobbyists.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2019, 13:52 Nullity

I believe this is the first sign of the apocalypse. Beware - if Vi and Emacs ever join forces, then it is already too late.  

News Comments > Gone Gold: Borderlands 3
19. Re: Gone Gold: Borderlands 3 Aug 2, 2019, 12:48 Nullity

El Pit wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 03:31:
Barbie: Lesbian Adventures in Unicorn Country
Where can this game be purchased? Asking for a friend.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Jul 31, 2019, 13:18 Nullity

Kajetan wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 04:28:
I refunded Youngblood, which could be a nice, fun shooter if it werent for this blatant, in your face BUY MORE MONIES FOR MOAR SKINS!
I've been playing Youngblood also, and the microtransactions are neither blatant nor "in your face". Not only that, but almost everything can be purchased with the in-game currency. There's only a couple items that require the real-money gold bar currency, and even that may only be because I bought the base version of the game.

And to be clear, there has not been a single instance where I was prompted to purchase anything extra, nor does the game even make it immediately clear how to get the gold-bar currency at all. It has to be one of the most low-key microtransaction implementations I've ever seen.

I'm not really a fan of microtransactions either, but let's at least be honest about it, k?

557 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo