Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Nullity

Real Name Nullity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nullity
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 6, 2014, 16:57
Total Comments 497 (Amateur)
User ID 58038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2019, 16:13 Nullity

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2019, 15:51:
Nullity wrote on May 22, 2019, 15:05:
Beamer wrote on May 22, 2019, 14:48:
But Inglorious Bastards is one of my favorite movies
The opening scene with Christoph Waltz in that farm house is one of my favorites in any movie. It gives me chills to watch it, and it immediately put him near the top of my "best actors" list.

Sadly, like Fassbender, he kind of squandered that. He was there for me, too, but hasn't done much worth watching.
I haven't seen him in much since then. He was equally as great in Django Unchained, and his performance in Spectre was good, if under-utilized. I also saw The Zero Theorem mostly because he was in it, and while I don't remember many complains about him specifically, the movie itself was shockingly awful - I've blocked most of it from my memory, I wouldn't recommend it. Similarly with Downsizing, the movie wasn't that great (though better than The Zero Theorem), but Waltz was good.

So while I agree that he hasn't been in much worth watching, I would say it's in spite of him, rather than because of him.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2019, 15:05 Nullity

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2019, 14:48:
But Inglorious Bastards is one of my favorite movies
The opening scene with Christoph Waltz in that farm house is one of my favorites in any movie. It gives me chills to watch it, and it immediately put him near the top of my "best actors" list.

7. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2019, 14:06 Nullity

Blue wrote on May 22, 2019, 13:53:
Nullity wrote on May 22, 2019, 13:10:
Tarantino anything is cinema gold, as far as I'm concerned. I'll definitely be there.

Generally true, but I didn't like The Hateful Eight.
Oh no? I really enjoyed it. It was certainly slower than his other movies, mostly taking place in one location, but for me, the lure of Tarantino films are the characters and brilliant writing/dialog. And I felt The Hateful Eight definitely delivered.

Blue wrote on May 22, 2019, 13:53:
That said, I'm disappointed in the casting of Al Pacino. Am I the only person who can't *stand* him? I never have, I think he's awful in everything and just drags down any movie he's in. I cannot fathom how he became so big/iconic.

Sounds like you've never seen the first two Godfather movies.
Ok, I'll admit, I totally forgot about the Godfather movies, which I love. And I do think he's good in those, although I'd argue that it's before he really became "The Pacino", if that makes any sense. I feel that his acting style was different.

I haven't seen those in a very long time, and now I think I'll have to give them another watch.

5. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2019, 13:10 Nullity

Tarantino anything is cinema gold, as far as I'm concerned. I'll definitely be there.

That said, I'm disappointed in the casting of Al Pacino. Am I the only person who can't *stand* him? I never have, I think he's awful in everything and just drags down any movie he's in. I cannot fathom how he became so big/iconic.

News Comments > Valve Trademarks DOTA UNDERLORDS
3. Re: Valve Trademarks DOTA UNDERLORDS May 16, 2019, 14:20 Nullity

Glad to see Valve finally getting back into serious game development with a title that so many gamers have been begging for for years. /s (with an audible eyeroll)

* Just in case someone brings it up, yes I know that DOTA is fairly popular, but that in no way invalidates my not-so-subtle point.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 Toreador Clan Trailer
3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 Toreador Clan Trailer May 16, 2019, 13:58 Nullity

It would be nice if they would show us some actual gameplay. Maybe at E3.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 12:38 Nullity

Russian hackers hit 2016 voter databases but election wasn't compromised, says Florida's GOP governor Ron DeSantis.
Yeah, sorry Ron, pretty sure we're going to wait for someone else's word on that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 13, 2019, 12:20 Nullity

RedEye9 wrote on May 12, 2019, 09:57:
THANK YOU, Great Advice as always.
i'm not a big multitasker and tend to do one thing at a time, but if a 12c benches as well as an 8c with todays games (at multiple resolutions) i will go with the larger core count
I've been piece-mealing parts and have 2 1tb nvme drives, (yes, i know the "felt" gains are minimal but it made my e-peen ginormous ), waiting for the build and a new psu. I gotta stop reading the hotdeals section in the hardforums. Devilish

However, if you mostly game, and don't often perform highly threaded tasks (like video encoding, for example), then a higher clock speed will give greater benefit than more cores, as games won't take advantage of them.

For gaming, the 8 core CPU @ 4.8Ghz would be better than the 12 core @ 4.4GHz.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 7, 2019, 13:17 Nullity

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 6, 2019, 20:44:
Windows, becoming more like Linux every day. In the future, "Windows" will be nothing more than a set of APIs and a DE over the top of a Linux kernel.
One can only hope.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches May 6, 2019, 14:14 Nullity

Great, just when modern PCs were almost powerful enough to finally run Crysis at an acceptable framerate, someone adds ray-tracing and ensures it'll never happen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2019, 13:21 Nullity

20 years after The Matrix, some scientists think we're in a simulation.
What a horribly written article. It doesn't even bother to attempt to summarize why any of these people believe/hypothesize that we're living in a simulation. It seems that would be the most important bit of info to include in such an article.

News Comments > A Plague Tale: Innocence Trailer
2. Re: A Plague Tale: Innocence Trailer May 3, 2019, 12:44 Nullity

Ok, I'm interested, this looks pretty good. And visually, looks amazing.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2019, 14:07 Nullity

SMITE wrote on May 2, 2019, 11:01:
That depends. Can something that is already dead ... die again?

It's a philosophical question.
"What is dead, may never die."

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 2, 2019, 13:44 Nullity

Putin signs Russian internet isolation bill into law.
This is bad, not only for the Russian people, but also because I'm sure the next step is for Putin to order comrade Trump to do something similar in the US.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 30, 2019, 13:30 Nullity

Frijoles wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 12:04:
Beamer wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 10:49:
While I'd never want to work at, say, a box factory (which, incidentally, one of the world's largest box manufacturer's reached out to me on LinkedIn last month, ..., I wouldn't want to work in something I love as a fan.

I, too, love boxes.
I am a collector of antique boxes.

4. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2019, 13:35 Nullity

My body is ready.  

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
61. No subject Apr 22, 2019, 13:57 Nullity

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 12:48:
This begs the question.
What would Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart have done differently. grin
*hides under the bed*

News Comments > No Man's Sky Adding Vulkan Support
13. Re: No Man's Sky Adding Vulkan Support Apr 17, 2019, 13:05 Nullity

DrEvil wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 11:48:
intermarer wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 06:22:
Isn't this the game where they told blatant lies and did massive misleadings before release? What's with all the goodwill here?

No, you’re thinking of some other game.
DrEvil wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 11:49:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 08:16:
They did a 180º turn and they're delivering new content and features for free. Nice of them.
Still, I don't know if items that were promised at launch are in the game now.

Everything that was actually promised was there at launch unless you believe conspiracy theories or pretend English doesn’t have context and subtext.
Found Sean Murray's BluesNews account.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 16, 2019, 12:50 Nullity

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 22:06:
Seriously though, ray tracing is the future, the only question is whether Nvidia jumped the gun on it. There's an argument that they are a few years early.
Eh, I'm not sure there really is a "too early" with something like this. Someone has to get the ball rolling. If they waited, it would only push back further the first generation that can truly run ray-tracing adequately, and content that takes advantage of it.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Press Release
11. No subject Apr 15, 2019, 13:33 Nullity

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 19:43:
“When Respawn approached us with the idea for this game, we were immediately supportive. A single player, story-driven title in the Star Wars universe was exactly what we were looking for, and we know the fans have been eager for one, as well,”

LOLZEN

And here is how it really went:

Respawn: Here is an idea for a single player, story-driven title in the Star Wars universe. Whatcha think?

EA: No multiplayer?

Respawn: Nope.

EA: Honest question... are you guys fucking retarded???

Respawn: Well, yes... errr... no, but it will be ready right before the Episode IX launch so how is that? If we added multiplayer it'd be mid 2020 at the earliest.

EA: *deep sigh* OK, guys. The only reason we are not cancelling this abysmal shit idea of yours is that Disney ordered an Episode IX game so get to it but approach us with a no multiplayer idea ONE more time and we will shut you the fuck down, capisce?!

Respawn: Sir, yes, Sir! We shall double our efforts, Sir!
I can't believe I'm agreeing with CJ, but I was going to say something similar.

EA has already canceled at least 2 in-development single-player focused Star Wars games (one of them headed by Amy Hennig, FFS). Given that, plus the fact that they have an exclusive license to the Star Wars franchise, this quote from LucasFilm makes it easy to read between the lines that Disney is flexing its muscles at EA and pushing them to make this game, after their abysmal handling of the franchise so far.

I'm all for it. I mean yeah, EA is just a giant red flag, but the Titanfall 2 campaign was pretty great, so I'm giving Respawn a sliver of benefit of the doubt, considering that Disney/Lucasfilm seems to be getting involved.

EDIT: Related

497 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo