Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John Dooley

Real Name John Dooley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonjonz
Email Concealed by request
Description yadda yadda, woof woof
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2012, 12:13
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 57379

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2019, 06:43 Jonjonz

I will gladly binge watch many times over seasons 1-7, but 8, never again. The entire season 8 is just plain awful and not re-watchable.  

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue - The Wild Bunch May 19, 2019, 06:48 Jonjonz

Like most of Peck's movies, TWB has not held up well. Other than the memorable opening scene with the scorpion, it now plays pretty much like any other late 2000's low budget action shoot-em-up with over the hill actors amid lots of slo-mo machine gunning, mass carnage, and gratuitous violence.

The off screen mass shoot out of Butch Cassidy is 10 times better and more effective.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
18. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 06:17 Jonjonz

Epic Store - the dumpster fire that keeps on giving...  

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
11. Re: WoW Classic in August; Testing begins Tomorrow May 15, 2019, 07:07 Jonjonz

I fully expect this to crash and burn, just like every other 'classic' server out there. there is always a vocal minority who say they want these, but if you have played any MMO's classic progression games, you know what the drill is:

* day one, every hardcore hammerhead with an interest shows up, guilds up and it is a race to cap, and firsts
* Any other players are left in the dust to flounder
* Game becomes the private play ground of a handful of hardcores
* Other players quickly realize they are better off going back to the current version of the game

At some point Blizzard/Activision will have to show their hand on this regarding how they plan to monetize the added cost of the development, maintenance and server infrastructure for this. I can't believe they are going to do all this for free, and I seriously doubt it will bring in substantial new subscriptions.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Released
5. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Released May 15, 2019, 06:54 Jonjonz

I have and love the entire SE series and my reaction to this re-packaging:

* V2 is one of the most linear in the series
* They are still to cheap to add a decent PC game save function
* They went total Beavis and Butthead with the kill cam this time around, guffaw filled U-toobs of more ball shots incoming
* Not going to spring, why pay $10 to add marginal texture upgrades to the same old annoying linear checkpoint hell game

Regarding the next one SE IV, why on earth don't they get with the program and go full open world like Metal Gear Solid V, Far Cry, Just Cause, etc.

10. Re: Out of the Blue - Fake Bike Record May 13, 2019, 06:37 Jonjonz

That is just cheating, we don't have any other classes in racing where you use a huge other car to punch through the air for you.

Gets my award for stupid achievement of the decade.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Going on Hiatus
8. Re: World of Warcraft Going on Hiatus May 13, 2019, 06:29 Jonjonz

I doubt I will ever come back as I simply don't ever see them rolling back all the class changes, nerfs and homogenization ever.

Given their track record, I expect them to somehow mung up classic as well.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse -Firefox May 11, 2019, 06:41 Jonjonz

One of the man reasons Firefox comes in a poor second to Chrome is they have a long history of breaking add-ins that people depend on, and they show no indication of ever putting add-in longevity as a priority.

Great example of a tech product where the direction is set to make the devs lives easyer, so much of their PR blather in recent years is all about streamlining development over actual product value to the consumer.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
44. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 11, 2019, 06:34 Jonjonz

Ha ha, you just lost my purchase Ubi.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 9, 2019, 06:31 Jonjonz

I wonder how much these advertisers will want to invest when they find out most of the "followers" of these "influencers" are sub-teens with little to no purchasing power. The primary reason they watch is they do not have the means to buy the games, buy into the P2W involved, buy the the gaming rigs required to play them.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue - Bike Lanes May 5, 2019, 06:56 Jonjonz

At a time when pedestrian kills by cars is on the rise in most major US cities due to texting/fondle-slabbing while driving, you may as well have a death wish to ride a bike and think some paint is going to keep the next inattentive slob from turning you into mush. Bike lanes are a well intention-ed but inherently dangerous idea.

PS regarding DS9, it was always a low budget, low effort rip off of B5 with left over STNG masks and props.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. Re: Saturday Metaverse - Idiot Firefox May 5, 2019, 06:41 Jonjonz

Poor village idiot Firefox, with addons being the only really defining factor between them and Chrome, they seem hell bent on breaking addons with every other release.  

News Comments > BioWare "100% committed to Anthem"
30. Re: BioWare - Anthem - DA 4 May 4, 2019, 06:54 Jonjonz

Gets today's award for the dumpster fire that just keeps on going...

News Comments > More Apex Legends Cheaters Banned
10. Re: More Apex Legends Cheaters Banned May 4, 2019, 06:37 Jonjonz

bigspender wrote on May 4, 2019, 03:10:
Imagine being so much of a useless loser in life that you cheat at leisure activities lol

You mean like a certain orange fat bald slob with a cheap comb-over who is a chronic liar, cheats at golf and most likely his taxes? Setting an example for gamers worldwide daily.

I don't believe an ounce of the press releases about cracking down on cheaters. These companies know that the cheaters make up too big of a market share and they can't rake in the big profits without them. This is all political theatre, lots of posturing, while the games typically end up with even more cheaters. EA has some deep pockets, and they could if they wanted to shut down the cheat maker sites pretty quick, or at least burden them with enough lawsuits make them bleed money.

News Comments > Fade to Silence Released
1. Re: Fade to Silence Released May 1, 2019, 06:36 Jonjonz

What is it with these limited palette style games? It's 2019, why are some new games still coming out with these minimal size washed out palettes? They look awful to me.

46. Re: Out of the Blue - Boeing Apr 30, 2019, 07:00 Jonjonz

Is "To big to fail" Boeing soon to be asking for and getting corporate welfare? Details at 11...

News Comments > Overpass Announced
1. Re: Overpass Announced Apr 30, 2019, 06:34 Jonjonz

I wish them well, but the last game (Screamer 4 x 4) that tried "face steep slopes, sudden drops and dangerous natural obstacles as you navigate through inhospitable terrain" never really caught on.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Reveals Intergalactic Space Empire and Kanoogi Platform
16. Re: Chris Taylor Reveals Intergalactic Space Empire and Kanoogi Platform Apr 26, 2019, 06:58 Jonjonz

This is like a four star chef announcing he is quitting fine dining establishments in favor of announcing his new franchise of drone delivered Big Mac clone burgers.

Triple A games were like real work, why do that when you can churn out mobile games with little effort. Cash in before the bottom falls out of the moron mobile market big boy.

News Comments > Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives
48. Re: Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives Apr 26, 2019, 06:45 Jonjonz

Sweeny is getting to be the new Derek Smart of this board. He is so desperate for attention for himself and his rancid company he just spews the same old BS week after week.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2019 Announced
17. Re: BlizzCon 2019 Announced Apr 26, 2019, 06:30 Jonjonz

The annual skinning of the whales.

I am surprised they don't make some special events accessible only if you have tickets that drop from $50 loot boxes.

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo