Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2313 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rocket Arena Announced; Closed Beta Next Week
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 16, 2019, 23:13 Mordecai Walfish

Q1/Q2 rocket arena were my favorites in quake, along with CTF. This looks kind of meh, but i'll give it a shot.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 4, 2019, 22:57 Mordecai Walfish

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 4, 2019, 22:37:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on May 4, 2019, 10:40:
Woke up to the add-on bug and fixed it quickly with this.

"Update: Mozilla started to roll out a fix for Release, Beta, and Nightly versions of Firefox. The fix uses Mozilla Studies, and you need to make sure that this is enabled to get it. Mozilla notes that you may disable Studies again after the fix is applied and add-ons have been re-enabled. You need to make sure that "Allow Firefox to install and run studies" is checked on about:preferences#privacy."

full article https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/04/your-firefox-extensions-are-all-disabled-thats-a-bug/

I used this same method. It took maybe... 20 minutes for it to update after I turned Studies on? Turned it off, uBlock and Ghostery are still working for me.

As a general rule, it's not a good idea to download scripts/executables/unoffical workarounds from random forum posts.

"This is the fix Mozilla has published to be installed via shield studies, but skipping the shield studies part. You can be sure it's not malicious because it is signed by Mozilla... and if your browser installed unsigned extensions you wouldn't be looking for this solution in the first place."

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 4, 2019, 22:33 Mordecai Walfish

MeanJim wrote on May 4, 2019, 14:48:
I guess I got lucky and it broke then got fixed while my system was asleep.

Edit: Wow, literally 1 minute after posting this all of my addons disabled. Fuuuuu...

Edit #2: I used this fix someone posted in the comments on Mozilla's official fix.

my firefox was still busted when i checked about an hour ago, and the fix in that link you provided instantly remedied the situation. thanks.

News Comments > Valve Index Details; Preorders Tomorrow
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2019, 22:50 Mordecai Walfish

so its $500 without the tracking stations and controllers, or $1000 with them..

Are those really so expensive/necessary to warrant the same price as the headset itself?

I wonder how quickly they will come down in price for people who go with the 'headset only' option

News Comments > Valve Index Details; Preorders Tomorrow
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2019, 18:08 Mordecai Walfish

its funny all the people complaining about valve's 30% cut now that another corporation told them its a problem.

Valve has the money to invest in whatever the fuck they want, not just what clickbait following 'gamurz' think is the most socially pressing issue of the day. You think they just started developing this after Epic made a storefront and challenged their position? This is a long-term project for them and I hope they have the software side ready before too long to go along with the new tech.

144hz is still a long way off for matching framerates, but there are tangible lag reductions possible even with lower-framerate software on a higher-hz display. As a plus, it can push more frames to the displays when hardware catches up to that level as well.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: This PC wouldn’t boot... you’ll never guess why Apr 29, 2019, 21:09 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 19:07:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 13:38:
All my fans are RGB and my new 1660Ti has an RGB strip in the shroud for the fans at the top of the card. If anything, this is nothing more than an evolution from the old CCT days from 20 years ago.

I used my RGB fans as system indicator lights. One acts as a drive activity light, one is a heat warning, another is network activity, and so on.

You know how many LED's my gaming rig has?

the power button

The rest of it is a well cooled, noise insulated steel fortress. Which is how you can tell I built my rig myself Because my rig is just like my heart. Dark, tungsten steel coated fluffiness.

Ditto. And even the power LED has dark colored masking tape over it on my tower to dim the overly bright LED there.
First thing I did when I got my first (and last..) Razer mouse recently was to shut off all that chroma shit so my mouse stopped glowing. When gaming I don't like the distractions, especially.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 28, 2019, 01:34 Mordecai Walfish

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 27, 2019, 23:00:
Hrm, I wish NS2 had caught on a bit more, but it just required too much teamwork, or map knowledge/mechanics knowledge or something, it never seemed like it really took off, in terms of player count.

it was quite popular for a while, but people lost patience with the 2-5minute map loading times, which is understandable. it launched with some severe technical issues that turned people off from a otherwise wonderful game. hard to recover from that when you have your chance in the spotlight, as they did at release. it sold *very* well. we would not have subnautica now if it didnt perform as well as it did on launch. with the rate of new "blockbuster" games coming out, its easy to get swept under as the new flavor of the month arrives, especially with said technical issues.

if you like teamwork (and players who are willing to play as a team to succeed) it is still one of the best multiplayer games out there.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 27, 2019, 00:41 Mordecai Walfish

The only question in my mind, is whether the new console generation will have separate releases of Cyberpunk 2077 for the older and newer generation consoles much like GTA V did when it released. CDPR already said they have a hard-on for "Rockstar's quality" regarding their focus with CP2077, so it will be interesting to see how this translates, as that game and these new consoles should be coming out around the exact same time. Either way, I'll be playing on PC, but it will be interesting to see how this unfolds, given CDPR's reputation as being "consumer friendly".  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2019, 21:36 Mordecai Walfish

in the era of "fake news", who gets do decide what is "misleading information"?  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Trailer
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2019, 21:20 Mordecai Walfish

ItBurn wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 12:32:
Wake me up when it's not a Win10 app.

Well its your lucky day then, as you can buy it on your choice of xbox consoles as well =P

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2019, 19:03 Mordecai Walfish

Hearing about firefighting robots always reminds me of this scene from Metropolis:
https://youtu.be/jcnoq-1KVv4?t=11

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 24, 2019, 19:49 Mordecai Walfish

I gave the Mario port a go on my MiSTer FPGA box through the commodore 64 core and it is very well done. its pretty laggy compared to the nes version but is working with far less so this isnt very surprising.  

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2019, 16:25 Mordecai Walfish

It's funny he blamed no man's sky issues on player's expectations, when it was the creator going around and hyping said expectations, and then not delivering.

Makes me doubt Star Citizen's ability/willingness to deliver on even 2/3 of their promises with statements like that, as if that wasn't a concern already..

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 17, 2019, 17:21 Mordecai Walfish

Be sure to tune in to next week's episode of "How Much Was Shroud Paid To Say That?!"  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2019, 10:40 Mordecai Walfish

The article you are commenting on explains exactly what you are asking..  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2019, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

Taulin wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 10:46:
But there already is a Genesis Flashback console that has 80 games. Is there something better about this new emulator than the flashback one?

Genesis Flashback is widely regarded as one of the worst efforts in Genesis emulation. Anything by ATgames should be avoided unless you need the cheapest option possible, and even then you'd be better off emulating on PC or building a small pi device.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2019, 03:30 Mordecai Walfish

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 30, 2019, 19:00:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 30, 2019, 13:43:
I suppose this is nice if you really want an official collectible for your shelf, but they've had other SEGA plug-and-play consoles with the same games rotting on retail shelves for years because they farmed it out to third parties.

The software component is being developed by M2, which is enough to perk the interest of anyone in to retro console gaming. M2's previous work in the retro space has pretty consistently produced reference quality emulation with thoughtful bonuses, features, and options that are very well attuned to what someone interested in retro gaming would want. While I probably won't get one -- I fell down the retro gaming rabbit hole last year and now have a Genesis, and Sega CD, and 32X, hooked up to a Sony PVM with RGB SCART cables -- this will almost certainly be the best legitimate way to play Genesis games for those who don't want to go to the effort and expense implicit in tracking down original hardware, cartridges and CRTs.

"Best legitimate way?"

What does that even mean in 2019?

Mega Sg just released and will likely see a jailbreak, but can use everdrive in the meantime and play the entire genesis library.

MiSTer's genesis core is almost as good as the Mega Sg already, and supports all variety of I/O, including analog output.

M2 is great, and probably the best case scenario that could have been hoped for the Genesis Mini.. but this will be far from the "best" way to play any of the games included.

If you're worried about downloading genesis roms in 2019, then you can buy the sega packs on Steam and just limit yourself to those couple legally purchased and licensed roms on either MiSTer or an everdrive on Mega Sg.

News Comments > Anno 1800 Becoming an Epic Games Store Exclusive
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 30, 2019, 07:26 Mordecai Walfish

So does this mean the Ubisoft launcher is going to be shut down? I mean, they publish the Anno series, and its now an Epic store exclusive..  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2019, 21:24 Mordecai Walfish

Razer, who makes some of the worst 'gaming' software and forces it upon you to use the basic functionality of your mouse, is complaining about software?

Yeah, maybe someone will care what you have to say about the subject when you stop forcing 250mb+ of memory resident bullshit just to operate a mouse properly.

2313 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo