Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2939 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches May 13, 2019, 20:43 Jivaro

This mod is incredible. I dig the new old game thing the community occasionally treats me too. Have to add it to the "rainy day" list.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2019, 12:12 Jivaro

I guess I am the only one who actually thought the GoT episode played out pretty much like I thought it would. If there is one thing that this show has been hammering is that everybody loses in war...I feel like the continued examples of a lack of happy endings is pretty Martinesque.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2019, 16:48 Jivaro

VoodooV wrote on May 9, 2019, 14:32:
I'm not getting a easily preventable disease, I'm building character

I like that. lol

alternatively: "Chicken pox will put hair on your chest!"

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2019, 18:55 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on May 6, 2019, 15:22:
Cutter wrote on May 6, 2019, 13:57:
Canada has a serious lack of good Mexican food. Hell any Mexican food really. There are lots of burrito joints and Taco Bells but no authentic Mexican. I think Toronto has maybe 3 or 4 legit places? And I've never seen any anywhere else in the country. And I'm a man who likes his tamales.

That would a great campaign for Canada to run. Encourage illegals in the United States to become legal residents in Canada. Canada benefits from a infusion of Mexico's rich culture and food. It's a win-win for everybody.

I wish I could remember the name of the Mexican food place I ate at in Montreal. My first day in "French" Canada and right across the street from my airbnb is this hole in the wall taqueria. As a Californian I felt obligated to put it to the test. It was amazing. Homemade tortilla chips and corn tortillas, handmade tamales..the works. Ate there again on my last day as well. Maybe my wife will remember the name...

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2019, 13:23 Jivaro

I started yesterday with Avengers: Endgame. I finished it with GOT. What a damn emo roller coaster. Side note: I don't understand all the complaints about the GOT episode being too dark. We didn't turn out the lights and it was great. Is this just a case of most people not knowing how to set up their TV for the room it's in because I have horrible night vision and I still thought the lighting was fine.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2019, 15:22 Jivaro

The weirdest part about the Giants pick was when they did it. Two first round draft picks, 6 and 17 (I think it was 17 or thereabouts) Now, they had so many phenomenal players to choose from at 6 and they chose a quarterback that most likely still would have been available in the 2nd round but definitely would have still been available at 17.

If they think that Jones is their man that is great, but wow....they could have easily drafted a monster DL or DB at 6 and then picked up Jones later on in the round. I suppose it is possible that they knew one of the other teams was after Jones but that seems unlikely.

Hopefully for the Giants he is as good as they obviously think he is.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Trailer
3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Trailer Apr 25, 2019, 07:19 Jivaro

I only played VTMB through one time and I can't really remember much about it other than I enjoyed it. Probably ought to hit that up again before the sequel comes out seeing as I know next to nothing about the universe outside of the first game.  

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
66. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 22, 2019, 16:09 Jivaro

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 12:23:
El Pit wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 08:17:
Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem: "So horrible to watch the massive failure of Anthem by Bioware. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to fix it. Must act quickly!"
/and thread

lolololol...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2019, 16:07 Jivaro

Glad to see ERB back.  

News Comments > More Randy Pitchford on Steam and the EGS
15. Re: More Randy Pitchford on Steam and the EGS Apr 19, 2019, 20:05 Jivaro

Randy, you're drunk.  

News Comments > Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store
14. Re: Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store Apr 19, 2019, 01:26 Jivaro

Between Epic and Twitch I am getting my indie/AA game supply filled for zero dollars. Well, I guess technically Twitch is because of Prime but I would be a Prime member regardless of gaming so it's zero additional money to me.

Throw in a Humble Bundle sub and I can be the aging gaming hipster I always dreamed of.

News Comments > XIII Remake Announced
4. Re: XIII Remake Announced Apr 18, 2019, 23:58 Jivaro

It was an okay game. The cel shading drew attention to it but the gameplay itself was decent.

I am glad they are remaking it and not remastering it though. It wasn't that great that I would play it again after simply making the graphics shinier.

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free
46. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 12:42 Jivaro

Somehow, without ever playing a single AC game or paying a single dollar for one....I have all of them except Black Flag on Ubisoft's launcher. Well, except the first one, which I have on Steam from a bundle, so I guess I did give up some minimal amount of money for that one. I know the 3 Chronicles games and Rogue were a customer service door prize for a Heroes VII screw up. No idea how I have gone about getting the others. Giveaways etc I guess.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2019, 12:37 Jivaro

Do you want pig zombies? It feels like this is how you get pig zombies.  

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Servers Closing
6. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 12:31 Jivaro

Loved the original and the remaster on Origin is a decent upgrade for the price. The game has aged tremendously well for a genre (arcade racer) that is historically not so good at aging.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 16, 2019, 22:19 Jivaro

The fact that there has been a secret fan-run City of Heroes server this whole time seriously depresses me. WHERE IS MY INVITE PEOPLE??!!

Such a great game (for the time) and community. Miss those days in my gaming history.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2019, 22:17 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 22:09:
Ace33 wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 20:55:
LOL, if gamers cared about anything they wouldn't have taken it up the ass for 20 years by allowing the game industry to undermine game ownership. A little late to complain about exclusives when you were too dumb to realize you were getting raped with mmos and online drm.

Who's this Ace33 person, and what's with all the raping references? Confused

3 posts yelling at kids to get off his lawn on his first day. Impressive.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Onslaught Announced
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Onslaught Announced Apr 15, 2019, 21:35 Jivaro

Playing this game F2P is like banging your head against a brick paywall. Paywalls everywhere, from UI extensions to story content to PVP.

I love the game (we all have our weaknesses, mine is Star Wars) but I have always said that if you aren't willing to pay for a sub you shouldn't even bother. Also, if you hate WoW style combat you should skip it.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 21:27 Jivaro

So a dinosaur finally got fed up with Florida man's shit eh?

Sorry, the dude is dead and I probably shouldn't joke about that...but what the hell is it with the men in Florida anyway? I live in California, quite literally the historical home of batshit crazy people, and yet my news feed is like 20% headlines that begin with "Florida Man".

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 21:15 Jivaro

Blue wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 20:14:
saluk wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 14:20:
TR Movie was pretty boring overall, but had its moments. The ending did kinda make me want to see what a sequel would be like if they could tighten the writing.

The Alicia Vikander movie I want to get a sequel is Guy Ritchie's The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I found it very fun and stylish. But it didn't do very well at the box office or with critics, so I don't think that will happen.

The wife and I just watched that (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) on Blu-ray the other night. I agree, good movie and prime for a sequel. Haven't seen the Tomb Raider movie. I will, I think we even have it, just haven't gotten around to it.

2939 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo