Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1268 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Nordic Reels In Piranha Bytes
7. Re: THQ Nordic Reels In Piranha Bytes May 22, 2019, 14:58 yuastnav

CJ_Parker wrote on May 22, 2019, 10:11:
yuastnav wrote on May 22, 2019, 09:47:
Huh? I though Elex 2 was already being developed.

Did you even read the news? If you look at the FAQ section the 'Have a guess' part is obviously a 99.9% confirmation of Elex 2 being in development.

I didn't know that the Gothic brand belonged to Piranha Bytes. I thought it belonged to the now defunct JoWood.

The Gothic IP returned to PB in 2012 after the contract with JoWooD had expired. JoWooD had originally signed the IP with an expiration date of 12/31/2011. The IP returned to PB after that date.

By the way: The Vienna branch of THQ Nordic that acquired PB is effectively the ghost of JoWooD with many former JoWooD employees still working there. The circle is now complete.

I did read the news, that's why I wondered why they dodged a direct answer even though it's quite obvious that they are developing the sequel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Nordic Reels In Piranha Bytes
1. Re: THQ Nordic Reels In Piranha Bytes May 22, 2019, 09:47 yuastnav

Huh? I though Elex 2 was already being developed. Piranha Bytes even got some European grant of 400000 or something like that. I liked Elex. My favourite game of all times will always be Gothic and the Risen games were okay but I actually liked Elex.

I didn't know that the Gothic brand belonged to Piranha Bytes. I thought it belonged to the now defunct JoWood.

Too bad KaiRo is not making the music for these games anymore.

It is good to see that Piranha Bytes still has a future though.

News Comments > Arma 3 Free This Weekend
2. Re: Arma 3 Free This Weekend Feb 12, 2019, 15:11 yuastnav

Arma 3 is really good. I remember struggling with Operation Flashpoint, never played Arma 2. But Arma 3 is a really good game. The interface is so much better than before and it's a lot less janky.

But like all simulators it requires the player to spend time to get to know the game and you also need to memorise a lot of keys. Liked the good old days.

News Comments > BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3
5. Re: BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3 Jan 21, 2019, 13:04 yuastnav

I already gave up hope.

I also don't expect them to make a Jedi Knight 3. Will just have to replay Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy over and over again. Luckily it's the Quake 3 engines and you can always make your own dedicated servers. Unless the master server gets the plug, I guess.

News Comments > X4: Foundations Multiplayer Beta
10. Re: X4: Foundations Multiplayer Beta Jan 8, 2019, 13:03 yuastnav

I like X4. It's an X game. And at that it succeeds.  

News Comments > Truck Driver Trailer
3. Re: Truck Driver Trailer Dec 6, 2018, 17:50 yuastnav

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 17:42:
I don't get why anyone would play this over ETS or ATS? It's basically the same game from the looks of the trailer, except this looks more sparsely populated.

I love their truck simulators but I'm always open to new games in that genre. Maybe they have a bit more of a dynamic world though it looks like their truck customisation is not as strong.

News Comments > Truck Driver Trailer
2. Re: Truck Driver Trailer Dec 6, 2018, 17:48 yuastnav

Looks neat. :>  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2018, 15:16 yuastnav

I hope there will be more Stardew Valley!  

News Comments > Trine 4 Announced
3. Re: Trine 4 Announced Oct 24, 2018, 14:44 yuastnav

Oh cool. Either is fine, though I would prefer 2D.  

News Comments > X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month
34. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 3, 2018, 15:23 yuastnav

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 10:05:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 06:07:
Hmm. Of course it is going to be buggy. I preordered X3 back in the day, it arrived on a Saturday. It was officially release on Friday but there were a few lucky souls who even got it on Thursday. Although I'm not sure if they were really lucky since the game crashed when you tried to leave Argon Prime, the first sector in the game.

Yeah, that was a fun one. Also, their sound engine was absolutely fucked on release, but they patched that within like a day or so. My absolute "favorite" bug of X3, however, was the bug that existed that would keep bloating your universe and savegame until it became absolutely unplayable after about 20 hours or so. It took them like 3 weeks to track that one down, I think I restarted like six times...

Of course I reached the end of the story and THAT was absolutely bugged, too. Left me in the sector just in my suit, 28km away from the next ship or station or something like that. Took some time until that was patched and I had to use a savegame from a few hours before the last mission.

I'd forgotten about that one! That was hilarious. At least until you realized you were literally like 9 hours away from getting back to anywhere.

After all this time X:Rebirth isn't fixed, though I managed to play through that game this year. And it was actually kinda fun.

? I played Rebirth this past January somewhere, and it worked fine? I don't think I ran into any bugs, just a few weird triggers for missions that were pretty finicky.

Yeah, I kinda want to preorder this game although preordering is a big no-no (with a few exceptions).

If you do, let us know how stupidly bugged it is at release.

Sure thing! I just hope that I'll be able to find some time to do so. Will probably play it during Christmas at the latest, since we are forced to take vacation then.

Rebirth was fine for the most part, but there were a few bugs like the video and the audio not in sync (during cutscenes) or friendly/enemy AI behaving strangely (for example not moving when getting shot, either be me or someone else). Stuff like that. It worked for the most part, though. Actually had fun. I do miss the old X2/X3 style of playing, though. When I first played X2 it blew me away (I only played the first X game very briefly).

News Comments > X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month
29. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 3, 2018, 06:07 yuastnav

I'm itching to preorder this game. I really do.

Hmm. Of course it is going to be buggy. I preordered X3 back in the day, it arrived on a Saturday. It was officially release on Friday but there were a few lucky souls who even got it on Thursday. Although I'm not sure if they were really lucky since the game crashed when you tried to leave Argon Prime, the first sector in the game.

Luckily they patched that pretty quickly. I don't remember whether they burned the midnight oil and it was already fixed on Sunday but it was rather quick.

Of course I reached the end of the story and THAT was absolutely bugged, too. Left me in the sector just in my suit, 28km away from the next ship or station or something like that. Took some time until that was patched and I had to use a savegame from a few hours before the last mission.

After all this time X:Rebirth isn't fixed, though I managed to play through that game this year. And it was actually kinda fun.

Yeah, I kinda want to preorder this game although preordering is a big no-no (with a few exceptions).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 9, 2018, 09:50 yuastnav

Eh C++ is okay. Yeah sure, it's hard as hell but you can do a lot with it.  

News Comments > Bus Simulator 18 Rolls Out
5. Re: Bus Simulator 18 Rolls Out Jun 15, 2018, 13:10 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 10:17:
Why would anyone want to play this?

I'd really like to play this if it wasn't for the terrible driving mechanics. :/

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2018, 06:43 yuastnav

They do make good Soba.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 06:41 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2018, 13:28:
A shame about Gibson. They're an iconic guitar maker. The Les Paul is a dream to play: solid, with it's think neck and low action. Sounds like their management sucks, and basically ran the company into the ground.

I dunno. I do have a 7-stringed Les Paul from Epiphone from 2000. It's okay. It sounds incredible, but the playability is okay. It's much easier to play on my PRS SE and the I get the best playability with my Majesty from Music Man because the neck is designed so just damn well.

My problem with the big guitar companies is that they don't innovate. At all. Gibson tried to include tuners on their guitars but that's a stupid idea, since it doesn't work that well. I'd actually like to see people do one-piece guitars, like the OPS from Will Gelvin (although unfortunately his company is struggling). But there is nothing new. They just make really overpriced guitars.

Don't get me wrong, I love Les Pauls. I love the sound. But I get a feeling that it's cheaper and better to go to a local guitar builder and let him build a guitar for you. My guitar teacher actually let a local guitar maker build a few guitars for around 2000 to 3000 Euros (Strats) and they are miles better than what you get form Fender for that kind of money.

I bet Fender is next.

News Comments > Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta
1. Re: Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta May 1, 2018, 04:41 yuastnav

Aaaaand I'm back in Pelican Town again. Looking forward to the next 170 hours.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
10. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Apr 14, 2018, 10:37 yuastnav

Hmm. So after downloading this huge thing it took ten or so minutes to load only to run at about 5fps. And now the game froze in front of the ship retrieval console. Grrrrreat.  

News Comments > This Is the Police 2 Trailer
6. Re: This Is the Police 2 Trailer Apr 14, 2018, 08:36 yuastnav

MT Silver wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 06:03:
Your 'fuck da police' attitude is hilarious. If they announced they were pulling out of your neighbourhood you would be shitting your pants and rightly so. These people are all that stands between us and the wolves.

Well yeah but this is not a fantasy game. If they try to make a realisitc police simulator then everyone who's not on the side of the police is fuuuucked, son.

News Comments > Jalopy Rolls Out
3. Re: Jalopy Rolls Out Mar 29, 2018, 02:31 yuastnav

Man I haven't played it since it first hit early access. Kinda excited for how the game changed.  

News Comments > Hunt Down The Freeman Released
10. Re: Hunt Down The Freeman Released Feb 27, 2018, 03:46 yuastnav

Razumen wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 20:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 13:53:
Again proving that Source engine is nearly damn near unworkable for unskilled indy developers. The engine and workflow are such a mess that it's easier to bring it already done stuff from other games than make your own (levels, in particular) BSP map building should NOT be a thing in 2018

Pretty much any engine is unworkable for unskilled developers-that's why they're unskilled...

This just proves that having an idea is not enough to make a good game happen.
[...]

Yeah, it baffles my mind how many people out there think "I know nothing about programming but I have like this idea for a game so I'm like a game designer and I make video games lol". This was especially evident with this Yogsventures game where some stupid dolts wanted to make a game without a programmer.

If you don't have a programmer you don't have a game. You can take a programmer who knows nothing about game design, music, art, animations or ANYTHING but he can actually get something done. He can actually code something that you can interact with. If you have someone who can do everything but program you don't have anything because there's no one to realise the project until you actually get a programmer.

1268 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo