Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 530 (Apprentice)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 11:23 gilly775

ok, so sell the game cheaper on Epic. If people want to save money and/or love the service, they'll buy it there. But on the flip side, I'm saving money for now as I am going through my library of unplayed games!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold: Borderlands 3
18. Re: Gone Gold: Borderlands 3 Aug 1, 2019, 15:56 gilly775

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 14:58:
Everyone downloads their games on consoles now too...

I was going to say that the console game installs so much and then you're downloading 30 GBs of additional files and a Day one patch

News Comments > Anno 1800 Sunken Treasures Released
1. Re: Anno 1800 Sunken Treasures Released Jul 31, 2019, 09:08 gilly775

You can also purchase this, the Season Pass and the various flavors of games on the Ubisoft store too.  

News Comments > UnderRail: Expedition Sets Sail
1. Re: UnderRail: Expedition Sets Sail Jul 22, 2019, 11:31 gilly775

Out on Steam too.  

News Comments > GORN Born
3. Re: GORN Born Jul 19, 2019, 12:18 gilly775

I just bought an Oculus Rift S and had each member in my family try out the tutorial trailer program. My 8 year old girl was standing behind my 13 year old son while he was throwing things around and he clocked his younger sister in the cheek. So I told everyone to stay 20 feet away. lol.  

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Next Month on EGS
41. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Next Month on EGS Jul 19, 2019, 09:07 gilly775

I'll admit I can't stand exclusives and will wait for this on Steam. In fact I will admit I have a problem. I have A LOT of games on Steam...so much so I haven't tried maybe 2/3 of them. Having this not appear on Steam for awhile plus trying to clear out my library means that by the time I knock out a good chunk of games, this will be on sale so I can wait. Thank you Epic for saving me money!

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2019, 11:33.

News Comments > Spaceland Announced
2. Re: Spaceland Announced Jun 27, 2019, 16:17 gilly775

Incubation - That's a name I have not heard for a long time. Man that was a fun game  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
5. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 13:42 gilly775

Pepe wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:18:
I just finished this game and it was pretty lackluster, not sure I want or need new content. The story is even shorter then the one in the first game, granted you can spend several hours doing pointless side missions but those are even duller then the story missions.

I did not even get all the different weapons b4 the game ended, not that it would matter much, the AR and shotgun are all you need.

You're missing out on the Smart Rocket Launcher. That one is a lot of fun with crowd clearing.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding
11. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding May 13, 2019, 10:13 gilly775

RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2019, 10:01:
gilly775 wrote on May 13, 2019, 09:51:
This exclusiveness has actually been known for awhile now.
But the faux outrage is new and that's what matters.

Agree and I apologize. I got Outer Wilds confused with Outer Worlds. I need another cup of coffee.....

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding
9. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding May 13, 2019, 09:51 gilly775

This exclusiveness has actually been known for awhile now.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 System Requirements
9. Re: RAGE 2 System Requirements May 3, 2019, 13:55 gilly775

laexploradora wrote on May 3, 2019, 11:31:
Hope it does not end like the first one (https://rawg.io/games/rage) with the horrible bugs concerning the use of supertextures. These kinds of things should've been fixed in the ID Tech engine with Doom and the latest Wolfenstein, but I still have my doubts.

Heh, it was at least a month if not longer before ATI came out with a driver for my Radeon 5770 to work properly with the game. It was nothing but slow and massively choppy. Once that updated driver came out, it was working great.

News Comments > Two Point Hospital: Pebberley Island Released
2. Re: Two Point Hospital: Pebberley Island Released Mar 19, 2019, 11:12 gilly775

If you've played Theme Hospital, a lot like that. It's a game that doesn't take itself seriously. The hospital management is there and it's a lot of fun. The various ailments, however, are corny but still funny to watch being treated.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Retribution Announced
7. Re: On Sale Jan 17, 2019, 10:47 gilly775

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 16:50:
Why waste money on GalCiv3 when there's Stellaris?

Because both play differently and are good in their own ways.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
25. Re: On Sale Jan 17, 2019, 10:44 gilly775

Creston wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:29:
They say "fresh new look they created" and all I see is "Hey, we copied a bunch of shit from Fallout and Rage 2 trailers."

I would guess they worked on this before Rage 2. I mean how would they know what the folks at Avalanche were doing? Probably had the idea back when they started FC5.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Getting Minor Factions Monday
6. Re: On Sale Dec 13, 2018, 10:46 gilly775

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 19:40:
Bleh... just make a sequel already, stop pumping out DLC and patches to this game. I say that as a major fan of the series; I bought pretty much every major release of the game (SoaSE, first two expansions, then Rebellion), and the smaller Rebellion DLCs. I probably have >400 hours across the games, maybe >500 even. I even put up with the Stardock/Gamestop client, back in the day.

$5.99 is practically nothing, but seriously, it's time for a newer engine and a full fledged sequel.

I think that last major patch did multithreading finally, but the game still suffers when massive fleets are flying around.

Well, something might be coming. From a dev in the Steam Discussions:

"Interpret it as a sign that we've increased the resources allocated to the Sins franchise :)"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/204880/discussions/0/1742228532897856419/

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
44. Re: On Sale Dec 10, 2018, 10:13 gilly775

Yet another launcher to download, a company based out of China who's no stranger to controversy and games I supported backing out and going exclusively to this store....

Why hinder your release to one store? Do you want competition? Alienating the largest distribution service of gamers is NOT the way to foster competition! Now you just shot yourself in the foot by withholding more sales and could even see an increase in piracy.

No thanks, I have tons of games yet to play in Steam. I'll be good until these Devs decide to release to Steam.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
24. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2018, 13:49 gilly775

This is asinine. I hope it gets thrown out of court. This game was advertised as such and is no less buggy than other games being released where no refunds were offered. These people had access to Let's Plays, previews, forums, etc.

I can understand if it's not playable at all on a case-by-case basis, but to me, this screams people trying to be vindictive because they didn't get a proper Fallout. At first, I hated the announcement of what this game would be and thought this game was going to be very bad with the lack of NPCs, having people blatantly attack you all the time and have horrible survival options. But I am actually enjoying it atm and while there are bugs, it's nothing to call for a refund over.

I wonder if any of these players actually tried to contact support or look up how to fix the issues on their own.

News Comments > Railroad Corporation Announced
4. Re: On Sale Nov 15, 2018, 13:46 gilly775

Looks similar to Mashinky or Railway Empire.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Industries This Month
2. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2018, 09:31 gilly775

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 09:16:
you never actually buy a game from Paradox, they constantly output dlc that you need to buy to keep current. Makes me hesitant to purchase any of their games.

You don't have to buy it. It's not required to enjoy the game (unless you are the type of person who wants additional items/challenges) or pretty much any case required to complete it. The free patches keep it current; these add-ons are "nice to haves."

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
24. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2018, 11:29 gilly775

chickenboo wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 11:45:
I finished TR 2013 and ROTTR, but both were a bit of a slog. I'd much rather the emphasis on the games be on exploration and cave traversing, rather than combat. Have firefights be uncommon but deadly, and give Lara a single weapon and her pick axe. As the games are now, they're a mix of violence and exploration but the violence is emphasized, and I feel like it doesn't really need to be there. They're technically very good games, I just ended up finding them kind of boring. Definitely going to skip this entry in the series.

Many reviews mentioned there is less combat in Shadow than ROTTR.

530 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo