Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1384 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
2. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 13:01 Rhett

This looks really out of place...

Though I haven't played #4, I hear pretty awful things about it. Like massive keybinding issues.

And what's with them continuing to ignore any semblance of multiplayer?!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 19, 2019, 15:31 Rhett

Jesus. And yet they still pan-handle and accept donations from random people.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
14. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 01:46 Rhett

Kxmode wrote on May 19, 2019, 00:06:

My biggest complaint against EGS is their exclusives. They claim it's good for consumers, but so far all it did was force people onto an inferior platform. Epic said their exclusives would benefit customer, yet I haven't seen any perks like charging $50 for games because the publisher gets a bigger cut (that might get me to buy from EGS). Even with the $10 discount, the publisher still makes more than on Steam. My auxiliary complaint against EGS is that it lacks 95% of the stuff Steam has. Eventually, EGS will catch up to Steam, but in the meantime, it's not a minimum viable platform. Epic shouldn't be forcing people to buy from a gaming store held together by duct tape and chewing gum.

All this. I don't adore Steam, but Epic needs to try a lot harder than throwing money at publishers. Their store and launcher is a complete joke. Nevermind how hard it is to get in touch with support.

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
10. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 11:11 Rhett

That's cool and all, but it just further highlights how terribly designed the store is.

It's not some goddamned art gallery!

News Comments > Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned
4. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 16:47 Rhett

Good. I hate this shit. It's extremely prevalent in Fortnite's PVE mode too (I know, unrelated game), but nothing seems to get done about it.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint?
6. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 16:22 Rhett

Darks wrote on May 12, 2019, 15:50:
I dont understand why this has to be some big ass secret, if it is then say so, if not then fucking say so. But stop all this cloak and dagger bullshit.

I assume to maximize profits from people with both a console and a PC. Same thing happened with GTA 5, and probably GTA 4, if I remember correctly. I know I personally got two different copies (but never again!).

Plus, they probably really don't want people modding in free money for other people online. But the grind is/was so bad that it was basically mandatory to enjoy the online portion IMO. And their Shark Card prices were absolutely stupid. They've turned completely money-hungry.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne This Winter
5. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne This Winter May 10, 2019, 14:42 Rhett

I've only played PC, and I almost expected to be using a controller, but it didn't take long to get used to the PC controls. It has some oddities, definitely, but I think that's more of the game's mechanics than anything. I.E. switching between slinger and a bow, or a slinger and a weapon can be cumbersome (but fixed in the expansion I guess).

Worst case, there's the 2 hour/14 day refund policy on Steam? Also PC has (unofficially allowed) mods. Pretty awesome.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
31. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 14:34 Rhett

El Pit wrote on May 10, 2019, 13:58:
Ubi will lock out third party key sellers. IIRC it was reported here on Blue's just a little while ago, too, but I cannot find the news.

Oh, yeah, it's been like that for a while on Green Man Gaming. It's just that since Epic came onto the scene, anything that is "exclusive" to Epic (even if it's on UPlay) has been either out of stock, or had no discount when normally games have a 10-20% discount before launch.

Anno 1800 and The Division 2 are both out of stock on GMG, for example. So either some kind of agreement was made with Epic to keep sales outside of those two companies to a minimum (sales ended on the day of release on 3rd party), or Ubisoft straight wants a bigger cut?

Borderlands 3 also doesn't have a discount anywhere (unrelated dev though).

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
22. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 13:19 Rhett

I just wonder about 3rd party sellers.. will their keys be Epic or UPlay? I like to get deals on, say, GMG, which often makes-or-breaks whether I get a game at release or not. But since Epic's shit-slinging has come into play, I haven't seen ANY deals on anything related to their shitty store which is worrisome.  

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne This Winter
1. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne This Winter May 10, 2019, 13:17 Rhett

Awesome! Disappointing that it's not coming alongside consoles, though, as that's been a point of contention for a while now (delayed promotions/events).  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Announced
3. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Announced May 9, 2019, 17:28 Rhett

Cautious optimism... I saw how they handled GR:W.

Game's gonna have classes (mixed PVP/PVE progression) and a raid (first content drop I guess). How close will it get to The Division? Haha.

News Comments > EA PLAY Registration
2. Re: EA PLAY Registration May 7, 2019, 11:08 Rhett

I'm surprised they're putting Anthem up on a pedestal and letting people play it there, haha.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon World Premiere Thursday
2. Re: Ghost Recon World Premiere Thursday May 6, 2019, 23:42 Rhett

And better AI... The current AI is just ridiculously bad. The higher difficulties give 9mm SMG-wielding gangsters 100% accuracy from over 100m away.

I really hope they take the 2nd game more seriously with more tactical options!

News Comments > MORDHAU Release Stream
6. Re: MORDHAU Release Stream May 6, 2019, 07:28 Rhett

Haha, right?! I mean, nothing wrong with more Chivalry, but For Honor is way more entertaining to watch at least. (IMO - in terms of medieval fighting games)  

News Comments > EVE Online Invasion Invades This Month
5. Re: EVE Online Invasion Invades This Month May 6, 2019, 07:26 Rhett

The learning curve is very, very steep. You'll ideally want a friend there to walk you through it, but there's ingame tutorials too.

I haven't played in years, and couldn't get back into it, but I had fun for a few months. I played with two family members, though, and that helped quite a bit. Two of us got a little TOO into the game and ended up quitting, but we were doing pretty okay for money with just PVE and trading.

I think the game is partly F2P now, too, which might be enough to test the waters.

News Comments > MORDHAU Release Stream
4. Re: MORDHAU Release Stream May 6, 2019, 04:21 Rhett

It does look exceptionally close to Chivalry... What gets me, is that people say it's "deep" with feints, thrusts, backhands etc, but it looks like a lot of flailing and hoping for the best whenever I watch someone play it.  

News Comments > Anthem Creators Moving to Dragon Age 4
18. Re: Anthem Creators Moving to Dragon Age 4 May 2, 2019, 16:50 Rhett

Well then, there goes my anticipation for DA4!  

News Comments > Full Steam Behind for Rocket League? Epic Acquiring Psyonix
3. Re: Full Steam Behind for Rocket League? Epic Acquiring Psyonix May 1, 2019, 20:05 Rhett

Meh! Never really liked the game, though I see the appeal.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 29, 2019, 05:43 Rhett

I've never even seen Forager until the past couple days, and it's still #1.. that's impressive! Also that MH:W is back on there. Great game!  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2019 Announced
18. Re: BlizzCon 2019 Announced Apr 26, 2019, 07:54 Rhett

I can't wait to be disappointed this year too!  

1384 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo