Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4884 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Nauticrawl: 20,000 Atmospheres Next Month
3. Re: Nauticrawl: 20,000 Atmospheres Next Month Aug 15, 2019, 12:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 11:19:
With every failure meaning the start of a new run

This shit is going to be the next Battle Royale... It's popping up more and more and more.

Ugh.

Yeah, "rogue-lite' is the new way to artificially increase the playtime of a game, by making people play the same content, over and over again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Metro Game in the Works
2. Re: New Metro Game in the Works Aug 15, 2019, 12:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh shit, I had forgotten about the new Metro game, since the Epic store nonsense. Is that almost out of its exclusivity yet?

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
38. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 15, 2019, 02:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 11:54:
I think Cyberpunk is one of the bigger risks to preorder.

As incredible as TW3 is, this is an incredibly complex game where so much can go wrong. Plus, it's a shooter, from a company that isn't traditionally a shooter dev. And it's a genre which has regularly sucked for shooters.

I can't think of any other game with more that can go wrong, largely because I can't think of any other game with more anything - its features make it incredibly complicated. Plus, outside of Deus Ex, it's really a genre combination that's been incredibly difficult to pull off.

I trust CDPR, but am absolutely waiting until we have more to go on here.

I'm not much of a preorder person, but this isn't exactly a huge 'risk.'

$60 or so in the US, slightly more in other countries, I don't sense any major financial liability there.

Also I doubt CDPR is going to abandon this game post launch, and the mod scene will probably be enormous!

ps. I'm finally playing through Witcher 3 now(35 hours in?) and loving it. Minor modding so far(increased weight limit, no item decay, slightly improved crossbow). Looking back over CDPR's games, they've gotten insanely better over time. Hell, Gwent, the mini game version inside Witcher 3, is better than a lot of indie games I've played recently. I will definitely get Cyberpunk 2077, and may even be tempted to pre-order if Gog eventually offers some decent bonus/discount. So far it's just wallpapers and crap though.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal BATTLEMODE Trailer
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2019, 02:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, doesn't look half bad; I'm more interested in the single player campaign though, by far.

Hopefully not too many of their resources went into this.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Trailer
1. Re: Borderlands 3 Trailer Aug 15, 2019, 01:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like a worthy bargain buy; hopefully by then the mod scene is decently established.  

News Comments > G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim [Updated]
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2019, 01:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, $30,000 worth of chargebacks to the developer!?!? That can't be sustainable for smaller studios.

News Comments > King's Bounty II Revealed
6. Re: King's Bounty II Revealed Aug 15, 2019, 01:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awesome. I played each version of King's Bounty; put a ton of hours into the first couple. Looking forward to them finally making an actual sequel.

Although it looks like they've taken a more 'realistic' approach to the art this time around? It might work. Still interested.

What's up with the camera screenshots though? (on Steam) The view seems WAY too close to get a good strategic view of the map. Hopefully you can play more zoomed out.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Launches
2. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Launches Aug 14, 2019, 11:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 10:47:
They finally unfucked the inventory quantity limits, thank god.

Oh ho, really? Time to check out NMS again.

News Comments > G2A Extends Keyblocking Tool Signup Deadline
2. Re: G2A Extends Keyblocking Tool Signup Deadline Aug 12, 2019, 20:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

All major studios, I see. /s (obviously! :o)

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Skill Trees
11. Re: removed Aug 12, 2019, 10:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, what sort of horrible flame war occurred here?

More on topic, skill trees don't look completely terrible; I'll probably get this when it drops to $10 or so, assuming the coop crew doesn't get suckered in.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 22:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seth Rogen was involved with the Boys show? Bleh, I thought he was at least somewhat an old school comics guy; can't believe he went so far off the source material.

That said, I found the show enjoyable, it should have just been called something else, since they changed basically every aspect of the comic except a few character names. Some of the changes were probably made out of fear, some.. no discernable reason.

*EDIT* Also, wow, gigantic misstep for Netflix, spending a ton of money on Benioff and Weiss, whose shit writing ability has been on display for the last few seasons of GoT. I expect Netflix prices to go up once D&D's movies/shows arrive as hot garbage.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Eden-6 and FL4K Trailers
4. Re: Borderlands 3 Eden-6 and FL4K Trailers Aug 8, 2019, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, a pet class could be cool, but the wording seems to indicate you only get 1 pet at a time in the actual game? Also, he has flying pets for a second but I guess that isn't part of his actual game pet menagerie?

Also, yes, they have fucked up royally not having more active skills, more gun slots, etc. at least with the microscopic Bluesnews community.

The coop group has cooled off of this, so probably just a bargain bin buy now, for me.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 22:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, surely nothing terrible will come of this. Everything is fine.  

News Comments > XIII Delayed to MMXX
1. Re: XIII Delayed to MMXX Aug 8, 2019, 22:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Roman numeral'd. Nice.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War Announced
1. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War Announced Aug 8, 2019, 22:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved Assault Squad 2, but why the hell do they keep showing all the action from the zoomed in, control of 1 unit view? All the previous versions, you barely use that mode if you want to actually win, vs bots or other players.  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Competition in a regulated marketplace = good,

Bribery and exclusives = bad.

Epic Game Store easily could have just sold games for $10-15 less than Steam, and let the dice roll, but no they had to bribe dozens(hundreds by now?) of game developers to do this timed exlcusive nonsense.

I actually want to argue against all points of this article, because clearly many game developers care more about generating revenue than making a good game; we're living in the era of microtransactions and artificially lengthening grind time. We would have been lucky if it just stopped at horse armor.

Reality is also at odds with his second point, because this is not a competitive move, as far as customers are concerned. It's a war between corporations, customers will receive no benefits.(lower prices, better service, etc.)

Hopefully somebody starts and continually updates a page with every game that is now trapped behind an exclusive store, this is getting ridiculous.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Aug 7, 2019, 15:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

MeanJim wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 02:35:
They're also going to be Microsoft Store exclusives.

Ugh, fucking seriously? God dammit, I was looking forward to Wasteland 3.

Is that a year long (or whatever limited time frame) exclusive, or in perpetuity ?

*EDIT* Also, hrm time to check my contributions, I can't even remember if I got the budget version of Wasteland 3 on Fig or not.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2: Winds of Magic Next Week
4. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2: Winds of Magic Next Week Aug 6, 2019, 23:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought Warhammer:Vermintide 2 on one of the many sales... it's okay, I guess. Basically a very heavy handed homage to L4D obviously, with what should be cool melee, but just ended up feeling too grindy.

The engine is great though; I'd love to see a more shooting based Warhammer 40k game using it, that isn't the kind of mess that the recent Space Hulk game apparently is. 4 player coop Space Marine, Tau or Eldar, or even Imperial Guard, could be kind of awesome vs Orks/Tyranids/Chaos/Necrons. Probably not so much the Necrons on second thought, but still.

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Launches
8. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 22:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seasonal currency, leaderboards? What the fuck? Lol! Poor Bioware, you were great once.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Trailer
16. Re: The Outer Worlds Trailer Aug 4, 2019, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking forward to the fully patched and discounted version on Gog, whenever it arrives.

4884 Comments. 245 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo