Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 13329 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans
6. Re: Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans May 24, 2019, 18:49 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2019, 22:26:
I thought that you were saying that was a sequence: Grab, Clone, Destroy

The CS, TF, DOD, L4D, Portal people seemed to do okay under Valve after they were acquired.

Yeah, but those were mod-teams that Valve essentially bought out (And in case of DoD not at all without burning a LOT of bridges). Modding nowadays is not in any way that clear cut and especially the paid mods for Skyrim thing actually involved one of my assets that someone else sold in a bigger mod (for Skyrim, obviously ,p). I gave them a specific permission to do ANYTHING noncommercial with my model that they want. But nothing commercial. And well.... let's just say there is a reason paid mods are NOT a big thing in Skyrim after that fiasco. Partially because Bethesda figured out that maybe big mods are a questionable nightmare to monetize when they have 500 contributors 89% of which follow the "do what you want but I will come and kill you if you sell this as your own" principle...

And to me, this it not a sequence but a progression. First steam grabbed them all. Now Steam is cloning them. And it will not be long until they burn and destroy. Valve is becoming MS

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Getting Aliens
8. Re: Arma 3 Getting Aliens May 24, 2019, 15:31 eRe4s3r

This game still exists?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2019, 18:46 eRe4s3r

And this is how you destroy the US tech sector. Bravo Trump, please continue  

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
12. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 21:13 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on May 22, 2019, 19:20:
Creston wrote on May 22, 2019, 17:18:
Beamer wrote on May 22, 2019, 16:28:
Creston wrote on May 22, 2019, 14:07:
Ugh, and more flying enemies. Nobody likes flying enemies in a fucking shooter, so hey, let's make a whole race of them!

THANK YOU!

Sometimes someone acts like I'm crazy when I say Z-axis enemies make everything suck. At least, if you don't have hitscan weaponry (even then, they get old fast.)

I fucking hate flying enemies. They suck in every single game, unless you're flying yourself. (Or unless you have a shotgun that automatically chases after and shoots down flying enemies, a la borderlands 2.)
There has never been a need for flying enemies even including the Alien Controller's in half-life.

Man world is ending. I agree with not just frigging RedEye but also Beamer and Creston. In 1 topic.

I HATE Z-axis enemies in FPS. It isn't even just a matter of aiming, the problem is when you can't fly or move like they do they can get to places where you can't hit them but they can hit you. And yeah, Even the modern DOOM has this crap

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II
14. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 22, 2019, 21:09 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:23:
Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:06:
Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:04:
wtf_man wrote on May 22, 2019, 19:59:
Uhh... isn't this an MMO?

Why would you limit your MMO client to one store?

What? No, it's an action/adventure, just like the first one.
When I played it in the Beta, it was an MMO. Pretty much like Conan Exiles.

You're mistaken, or don't know what an MMO is. Co-op doesn't make a game an MMO:

"Rune II is described as a “true sequel,” and is directly inspired by the original game, which launched in 2000 and spawned two follow-up titles, Halls of Valhalla and Viking Warlord. Building on the Norse setting of those games, Rune II will see players return to Midgard with new abilities granted by the gods, as well as open-world events, and a full story-driven campaign that you can experience either alone or in co-op."

He is not mistaken. It is a MMO and what you quoted is not how the game plays. You start on a server, you can form a party, and there are instances and other players in the "open world" you can play solo and there is story, but it still a MMO.

It is pretty much exactly like Conan Exiles, without the building and the ability to run your own server.

Wrong, you don't need to play online. There is full SP. Nowhere is it either called an MMO, nor does it play like an actual MMO.

Seriously, check out the actual game page:
"What game modes will there be?:
You will be able to play through the open world campaign in online multiplayer or local single player.

How will servers work?
There will be official Rune servers, you can rent your own server through G Portal’s service in-game, or host your own through a provider of your choice.

If you don't want to believe both of us then that is your choice. I just wanted to make sure you aren't hyped for this game on the basis of wrong information.

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II
8. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 22, 2019, 20:23 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:06:
Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:04:
wtf_man wrote on May 22, 2019, 19:59:
Uhh... isn't this an MMO?

Why would you limit your MMO client to one store?

What? No, it's an action/adventure, just like the first one.
When I played it in the Beta, it was an MMO. Pretty much like Conan Exiles.

You're mistaken, or don't know what an MMO is. Co-op doesn't make a game an MMO:

"Rune II is described as a “true sequel,” and is directly inspired by the original game, which launched in 2000 and spawned two follow-up titles, Halls of Valhalla and Viking Warlord. Building on the Norse setting of those games, Rune II will see players return to Midgard with new abilities granted by the gods, as well as open-world events, and a full story-driven campaign that you can experience either alone or in co-op."

He is not mistaken. It is a MMO and what you quoted is not how the game plays. You start on a server, you can form a party, and there are instances and other players in the "open world" you can play solo and there is story, but it still a MMO.

It is pretty much exactly like Conan Exiles, without the building and the ability to run your own server.

And the part with running your own server is why Conan Exiles isn't called a MMO, but if you play it properly online it absolutely is one.

4. Re: Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans May 22, 2019, 13:36 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2019, 12:36:
Destroy?

You think valve builds a competing version of this game for giggles? Valve wants to make the $$$ while fucking over mod makers, as it's always been. Also considering the mod makers DENIED COOPERATION you can make your own deductions from this, no? Valve is about as popular in the modding scene as an ebola infected mutant from mars. And yes, that is even though they have the mod workshop, which has many down sides and very few upsides. Total War being the only game that actually has proper mods because guess what, they completely circumvent the mod workshop and do their own mod loader which is the only way for mods to actually affect existing files.

Anyhow, don't mind me, as a modder I could rant 60 pages about the fucking garbage that Valve is doing with mods lately. And I am not even talking about the paid mod idea, which was Valve's idea.

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
3. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 13:33 eRe4s3r

4 was a travesty, and this ain't fixing it. Avalanche truly is the master of building completely pointless boring open worlds nowadays, and the engine is UTTER GARBAGE to boot (looking much worse than JC3), and all these failings can be seen in even bigger form with Rage 2.  

1. Re: Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans May 22, 2019, 12:18 eRe4s3r

Valve mod strategy

Grab them
Clone them
Destroy them

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. May 21, 2019, 10:20 eRe4s3r

I just listend to a scathing podcast review that essentially called Rage 2 a burger you bought and you bite a piece off... and then you notice it's only bland bread.

I don't get it really. You have a great combat system great physics (to some extend) and you implement one of the most boring openworlds EVER .. why?

You don't have any destruction, no BF5 kind of map destruction, no terrain deformations, no fucking weather patterns, no wildlife no dynamic bases spreading... it's a boring 1997 shooter.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 20, 2019, 22:38 eRe4s3r

But maybe they were the 6 worst radiologists... will we ever know?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 15:27 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:18:
Please read my edits.... has nothing to do with laptops and phones.

As for 5G... the world can wait for someone that isn't manufacturing Back doors built in.

Android and Windows license revocation has a lot to do with tablets and phones though. Aside from the USA Huawai is number 1 world wide for smart phones and tablets. And personally I would rather NOT buy a tablet or phone anymore if my only choices were Apple and Samsung.

And to give you an idea, I replaced my Samsung tablet with a Huawai tablet and will never go back. I have Android 9 on my M5 tablet while Samsung has the gall to to never update their fucking tablets to a new android version. Many galaxy tabs never even got Android 8

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 14:13 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:26:
The USA spies on literally everyone on the planet... so you are saying Europe should blacklist Google, Apple, Facebook and Nvidia and Intel too? Because I am all for that.

Everyone spies on Everyone (Country Governments). That has nothing to do with manufacturing communications infrastructure devices that puposely allows blanket easy access to spy on communcations. Also you need to realize the difference between "marketing privacy invasion" from comapnies that want to "monitize" you, vs. a foreign power that wants to undermine your government in any way possible.

You really need to get out of your "Trump Derangement Syndrome" on this topic and focus on the issue, which has been going on long before Trump got into office.

If the Obama Administration had instituted the Ban... it still would have been a good thing.

I would have supported your economic efforts no matter who started them until you started bringing corporations and licenses into this that affect the world, my work in Germany and Europe, and not just China. Huawai tablets and smart-phones are the number 1 outside the USA and if you want 5g network hardware you have literally no other option than to buy certain Huawai hardware (especially certain signal boosters, filters and modular antenna fields) and I would be curious what Europeans did to you that you have to drag them in your hamster dick wrangling contest with China. Fact is that Trump is completely mentally insane if he thinks this will end up with a US victory considering he just brought up the world against him since this licensing ban by google/ms affects the entire world, and not just China and the USA

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 13:26 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:39:
To be honest I hope China completely and violently retaliates for this. This isn't a trade war, that is literally a declaration of war. Especially since the orange hamster hasn't produced a single proof.

Really?

Apparently you haven't been reading the oodles of security tech news that have been exposing the Huawei "back doors" over the years.

Lets go all the way back to 2012 (Obama Era)... Former Pentagon analyst: China has backdoors to 80% of telecoms

The USA spies on literally everyone on the planet... so you are saying Europe should blacklist Google, Apple, Facebook and Nvidia and Intel too? Because I am all for that.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 13:24 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2019, 12:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:39:
To be honest I hope China completely and violently retaliates for this. This isn't a trade war, that is literally a declaration of war. Especially since the orange hamster hasn't produced a single proof.

Violently? Violently?

Keep in mind, too, that Google's services don't work on Huawei phones in China because the Chinese government has blocked them. This is something of a retaliation to that.

Violently in the relation of a trade war.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 11:47 eRe4s3r

KS wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:17:
For some real fun try replaying RPGs from the early 90s. Enjoy your pad of paper to write down all quest clues and where to go back to. And no Internet if you get stuck.

I wrote down all codes in Prey 2017 on my.. tablet. What is this mysterious pen and paper thing you are talking about?

But if you mean manually drawing maps.. no thanks.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 11:39 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 23:29 eRe4s3r

I... actually kinda liked the ending.  

News Comments > Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
32. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 18, 2019, 10:05 eRe4s3r

The real question is why would anyone pre-order a game for which we have seen absolutely ZERO real gameplay yet?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews May 18, 2019, 07:57 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on May 18, 2019, 00:01:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2019, 23:38:
And they are one of the few who do that. To be honest, at 200% I wouldn't mind working weekends.

Really? Around here unless it's "triple time" on the weekend, most people would tell them to buzz off. And asking not to sleep? That would probably be worse. So 150% and 200% just in increase pay, laughable.

I'd agree to night work for say, 4 times the hours of work. Meaning if I have to work 40 hours a week, suddenly, in a single day+night of 8+8 hours, I've reached my quota for the week and can take the rest of the week off. And I'd agree to work 2 days on the weekend if I pile up enough hours to take the rest of the week off.

You see, for me, it's not the $ I value, it's my freedom I value, the time I am not under anyone else's dictatorship about what I can do with my limited time on this earth. This time is scarce and people should value it in a sane society.

They should. But if you lived in Poland you would think very differently about that. Remember, Poland isn't really a functional nation for more than 30 years. Most of the people there were oppressed by Stalin and suffered through the USSR. Living standards outside the big industrial economic centers are abysmal and rents are extremely low there (because nobody wants to live there).

So twice as much money means not just twice as much money. It makes the difference between paying your rent and not having any money over and having money to actually have freedom there.

13329 Comments. 667 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo