Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 13584 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare
17. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 17, 2019, 01:30 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:48:
Yeah, lead producer is pretty much one of the most important jobs related to a project. He did not fuck it up alone but he was WAY up there on the bridge of the Anthem Titanic. He must have called more than one retarded shot and contributed massively to fucking it up big time.

Especially since the Kotaku article pointed out that the reason that Anthem failed was 100% the fault of their retards in management, so I think it's safe to say that Ben Irving was one of the driving pillars of fucking this game royally into the ground.

I guess on the good side, now that he's gone, maybe some ACTUALLY good ideas might make it into the game now he's no longer there to sandbag everything.

Ben Irving was many things, but he was never EA management.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 01:28 eRe4s3r

Asmodai wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 00:41:
Ignore politics and never apologise... The old "arguing with idiots" adage applies, you can't just create something you think is cool and deal with every butthurt sperg on the planet because there is always someone who is offended. You win by not playing their game.

I actually kinda disagree, and for me a good example here would be a game you probably weren't thinking about. Anno 1800. The game should if not show then at least mention the horrors of 1800-1900 colonialism and not just sugar coat it with all happy pink unicorns and Mexicans that JUST SO HAPPEN to work on your plantations (And yes, there are plantations). Because that is the opposite of what the setting and the historic victims of this deserve.

If a developer wants to be a-political in the current day and age that's totally fine. But if it goes so far as to wrongly show an era that had monumental impact on our existence as a human race then that is questionable propaganda.

5. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 03:58 eRe4s3r

Xokerat wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 03:09:
snip

Good for you not realizing that my posts always, ONLY apply to this forum and the demographic that frequents it. I stand by what I said because to me (and likely everyone else who games as a hobby, and not just casually on a phone) EA and Activision are irrelevant. If you work for them you are not making games, you are making a MVP. And the guy above realized this. Had he not been under EA's choke and basically be forced to turn Anthem mid-development into a MVP it would have been a good game. But alas, it's not.

You think game development can work like that and be successful long-term? That's why the biggest hyped games this year are Baldurs Gate 3 and Cyberpunk 2077?

You see anyone here being hyped about Fifa n+, Madden n+ or Call of Dooty n+ ? And what else do these publishers make the most money with? Oh yeah, mobile games. Wooow. Such amazing creative reach into gaming. Truly shaping the future... oh wait, that was Epic and an Indie doing that with Battle Royal... where is EA and Activision in that? Oh yeah, they aren't in that because all their clones failed.

Where is EA and Activision in MOBA games? Also not there? Wow. These big publishers missed 2 of the biggest genre upheavals in gaming so drastically that they couldn't even catch up with all their money

And the next genre shift isn't gonna come from EA/Activision either.

News Comments > Rogue Singularity Forms
2. Re: Rogue Singularity Forms Aug 16, 2019, 01:08 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 19:47:
So, it's not a rogue like? I'm so confused.

Do you know infinite runners from mobile games? It's that.. like literally.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Kremlin lauds 'heroes' who landed plane in cornfield after gull strike Aug 16, 2019, 01:07 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 16:53:
American pilot lands aircraft in a river, saving everyone, he's a Hero.

Russian pilot lands aircraft in a field, saving everyone, he's a 'Hero'.

Those double standards...

About EGS:

You know what's funny about it? Even Ubisoft's Uplay offers more competition than them. Went to buy Anno 2070 with all DLCs+Expansion the other day. It was 40$ CAD on Steam. Decided to look at Uplay since the Steam version won't run without Uplay anyway, Ubisoft was offering it at 10$ CAD, everything included. I happily installed Uplay and bought it there.

See EGS anti-competitive behavior apologists? THAT is real competition. No free games bribing, no exclusives anti-competition bullshit, just good old pricing competition and it worked, I have Uplay installed and in the future, I'll look there before pulling the trigger in case the price is lower there.

Cheers!

This stuff is why I think Epic made the worst deal ever by bringing Ubisoft on the EGS, I always look at uPlay first, and it's nearly always cheaper there. WTF indeed.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 16, 2019, 00:49 eRe4s3r

3 patches in 2 days for a previous patch.. oh boy  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2019, 00:47 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 17:16:
Verno wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 12:30:
I think you meant LGBTQ+2SA&F

In all seriousness though, I've never seen the sort of behavior from Youtube search that they're claiming and several videos I just looked up were all monetized.
They did get some of their videos remonetized after complaining.

Which is how that's supposed to work if you don't have a network backing you up.

2. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 00:43 eRe4s3r

May he find a better developing house. I mean you can't get much worse than Bioware. What is that developer even developing? Dragon Age 4 as a minimum viable product?

Sorry but the big publishers have become irrelevant. And none other more so than EA. They still have their tiny genre niche (which has a rather large amount of people still in it) but EA and Activision do NOT innovate anymore. They will be dead in less than 10 years if they don't start doing that.

You can start a drinking game whenever a big publisher announces a game nowadays, if at any point it has surprise mechanics, MTX, MVP or "go-woke" elements you take a sip. I am talking about coffee of course.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?
6. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Aug 15, 2019, 12:15 eRe4s3r

I am gonna guess it's going to be a survival rogue lite.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2019, 10:52 eRe4s3r

I am not gonna click it, but I am gonna guess the claims are something along the lines of "The algo and ads are discriminating against us 111!!111!1"

Without any proof whatsoever, of course.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Financials
4. Re: Paradox Interactive Financials Aug 15, 2019, 08:28 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 03:12:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 00:00:
Very nice profit margin there.

HOI IV and Stellaris were really fun ( albeit very buggy and slow late game even on a top-end CPU ). Surviving Mars was almost flawless and a very fun game.

Wasn't interested in BATTLETECH, the turn based nature put me off. Had it been realtime like Mech Commander, now that would've had my interest.

Very prolific Swedish developer/publisher.

Remember that the Swedish Krona is 10x the dollar, so a profit of 150M SEK is about $15M. Good for a company of that size, IMO.

Quoting what you didn't read

Our positive cash flow comes entirely from current operations and has been extra strong this quarter thanks to an advance payment for our collaboration with Xbox Game Pass

make of that what you will but the numbers are obviously skewed because of that.

News Comments > G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim [Updated]
17. Re: G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim Aug 15, 2019, 06:03 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 16:20:
Warskull wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 15:00:

They don't give a shit, they are incorporated in Hong Kong. China isn't going to do anything.

Good advice for companies that aren't immune to legal action.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong
Sovereignty over the territory was transferred to China in 1997.

in which the United Kingdom agreed to transfer the colony in 1997, and China would guarantee Hong Kong's economic and political systems for 50 years after the transfer

Yes, reading the link is so out of fashion that not even you do it anymore.

News Comments > G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up
6. Re: G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up Aug 15, 2019, 00:05 eRe4s3r

Drunk people should not have access to twitter. There should be a law or something.

Also funfact, fraud insurance on payment providers is literally why Epic will never be able to maintain their rates. That costs you more than 5% per transaction on top of everything else alone.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 14, 2019, 21:39 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 21:11:
No it has not. It's always been day-ta here at any rate. My moms used to work in a day-ta center back in the 70s. Besides it would make more sense if we said day-ta as we say tom-ayto and they say dah-ta and tom-ahto.

I am not even American and I say it like "day-ta" and I think for me that is majorly because of Star Trek.. so yeah

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 14, 2019, 09:57 eRe4s3r

"Fixed privilege escalation exploit using symbolic links in Windows registry"

After scamming the guy who found it out of the bug bounty no less. Classy Valve, classy.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 13, 2019, 08:46 eRe4s3r

There is only the moral high ground and then there is the low grounds of Epic Store flagellants like RedEye9  

News Comments > Total War: SHOGUN II Fall of the Samurai Becomes A Total War Saga
1. Re: Total War: SHOGUN II Fall of the Samurai Becomes A Total War Saga Aug 13, 2019, 08:44 eRe4s3r

Ok I admit it, I read this 3 times and I am more confused than when I started. Because I own Shogun 2 + Fall of Samurai already so what exactly is the point of rebranding a DLC for Shogun 2 to a full game title 7 years and 5 months after it released  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 10, 2019, 20:12 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2019, 14:20:
Election Systems Are Even More Vulnerable Than We Thought.

Soooo... four more years of Trump, guaranteed?

Have you not seen who competes against him? Even a drunk goat would win against the democratic party and probably look good doing it too.

News Comments > TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY Trademarked
3. Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY Trademarked Aug 10, 2019, 19:25 eRe4s3r

Fits nicely in a Saga game given that you can find many a historian who would call this entire conflict fiction.  

News Comments > Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars Preorders Get Beta Access
4. Re: Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 10, 2019, 02:16 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2019, 00:12:
Vampire pirates Vampire or pirate vampires Pirate ?

Even better, ghost opera singer pirate vs vampire pirates vs pirate vampires vs crazy 3 personalities pirate zombie.

13584 Comments. 680 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo