Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 19333 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 25, 2019, 08:28 Verno

I thought it would be a bigger deal than it was, don't really miss the port. Switched to bluetooth and life goes on. It ain't comin back.  

Playing: Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
120. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 24, 2019, 09:18 Verno

Seriously, anyone upset at Epic should also be pissed at Walmart. But no one cares about Walmart.

Or maybe people here don't collect LEGO anymore. Of course people don't care about something that don't impact them or that they're totally unaware of. A valid comparison would be more something like "EA does it and you don't care" but that would still be incorrect as the shitstorm of posts surrounding EA pulling their titles from Steam way back when will attest to. And many people still refuse to use Origin or buy EA games. I don't personally care that much but hey whatever floats their boat.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 23, 2019, 14:09 Verno

I have to disagree with the reviewer, I think Life is Strange 2 is one of the most disappointing followups I've come across. The writing has been subpar and the framing story is often absurd to the point of disbelief. I loved the first game but can't get into 2 at a ll.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2019, 13:46 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 12:53:
Link?

Germany is the only one I've really read about. Germany BBC story as an example. Cutter was of course being vague and general because his opinions on most things are puddle deep. The truth is more nuanced, overall crime in Germany has been decreasing but there has been a significant rise in rape and violent crime since the large wave of asylum seekers. Of the asylum seekers, its mostly young men between 16-30 (probably related to poverty or cultural differences). So while it's not like every asylum seeker is out raping German women, there has been a statistically significant rise in violent crime and rape specifically from that demographic that can't be ignored. The reasons for which are many and debatable.

It's a complex issue that isn't easily boiled down to a political Left vs Right sound bite. To generalize though I think they were not prepared for the massive influx they committed to, economically or socially. They should've been more conservative so that they could more adequately care for them in terms of social services and help them integrate. On some level we also need to recognize that there are cultural differences that can't be ignored in these situations and need to be taken into account when deciding numbers, placement, etc.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2019, 14:00.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Specs
7. Re: Wasteland 3 Specs Aug 23, 2019, 13:40 Verno

Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:28:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:20:
I watched the gameplay video on reddit yesterday for this and was pleasantly surprised. It looks like they made big strides from W2 and I'm pretty stoked for this now.

I...still have to finish Wasteland 2...

It drags in a few spots but it's still pretty good. This one looks way more refined, the graphical overhaul looks outstanding and a big improvement overall. I loved the flow of exploration to the combat map they did in the recent gameplay trailer. Really gave me X-Com 2 vibes.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Specs
1. Re: Wasteland 3 Specs Aug 23, 2019, 11:20 Verno

I watched the gameplay video on reddit yesterday for this and was pleasantly surprised. It looks like they made big strides from W2 and I'm pretty stoked for this now.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 23, 2019, 10:25 Verno

Maybe Netflix could roll a feature that STOPS AUTO-PLAYING VIDEOS if you hover on them. Can we grab some fucking popcorn in peace without it blaring some stupid bullshit just because we left it selected? Holy shit their UI choices sometimes, its like they're purposely trying to piss off their user base.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2019, 10:21 Verno

However, isn't the phone's wallet app called iWallet? I think it might be, and the card itself is literally just for show - you use your phone for actual purchases. Then again, maybe you can use the card along with your phone to make sure they know you have an iCard.

Yeah the Apple Wallet already exists and is digital in nature. The physical card is just a backup in case Apple Pay doesn't work and you have to specifically order it. The card is a silly status symbol type thing.

Apple/Android Pay are awesome, I rarely use physical cards anymore.

110. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 23, 2019, 07:12 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 23:01:
The trailers run like shit for me, pausing and stuttering. I used to think it was my slow connection, but since upgrading to 100mbps, they still suck.

This used to be the case for me but they seemed to have resolved it about a year ago. I don't like how the actual player and controls are structured in Steam though.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2019, 07:11 Verno

Uh yeah wow if this is true then he's getting a decent settlement.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Cancelling 5v5 Mode
3. Re: Battlefield V Cancelling 5v5 Mode Aug 23, 2019, 07:03 Verno

BF is poorly suited to esports anyway and they were too focused on adding modes to BF V instead of content. Playing catch up now is fruitless, the player base moved on.  

News Comments > Fez Free on Epic Games Store
8. Re: Fez Free on Epic Games Store Aug 23, 2019, 07:00 Verno

I didn't really care for Celeste, thought it was over hyped. Inside though is the real deal and a solid freebie.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
22. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 06:58 Verno

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 23:57:
No, I got it, you're just promoting a lifestyle of intellectual laziness and helplessness under the false presumption that everything is hard simply because you apparently condone apathy. I rebutted the obvious fallacy of that belief.

So, I'll wait until you can catch up and we can continue this discussion as capable adults.

No, you're apparently rambling to yourself about your DIY skills (talk is cheap online) and defending your little forum worshipper. The point that you somehow managed to miss even though it was explicitly made is that it is entirely unreasonable to expect people not to discuss or criticize a product even though they haven't personally created it. And frankly welcome to the internet where people will do it regardless.

And circling back to the original discussion before you start talking about cows again - OpticNerve was right, they need a better Q/A process which they've admitted already.

14. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 22:12 Verno

*WOOSH* and there it goes!  

9. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 16:13 Verno

No worries, go farm your own food, build your own house, car and etc too while you're at it. Everything is easy, nothing is specialized. Just so you're entitled to comment about it on the internet

Or we can just accept that people don't need to build an equivalent model of something to discuss it. Just maybe the more rational approach.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2019, 14:56 Verno

NKD wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 04:30:
Doubling (or tripling, or quadrupling) down in the face of being called out on not reading the article is old hat for Cutter. He's a master at that.

He doesn't even finish reading the title text most of the time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2019, 14:55 Verno

If it was me, I would at least want to know so I could fit a bit more into that 6 months but whatever man  

7. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 14:53 Verno

The idea that you can't criticize something unless you're an expert in the subject yourself is reductive and fruitless, not to mention it renders easily half of the posts you've made here moot

Next time you complain about anything ever, remember that you require have a formal background and years of experience in the subject lol.

Don't like your new videocard? GO MAKE ONE NOOB HAHA!!1

95. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 13:45 Verno

NKD wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 13:33:
What I wanna know is how do I get in on whatever deal RedEye has with Epic. I want my piece of the pie.

If only he was actually getting money for it, would be a lot less pitiable if that was the case Whip

88. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 12:28 Verno

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 12:03:
You are either being intentionally disingenuous or obtuse in your argument. What makes Epic's actions in subverting project backers crowd-funded backed games like Shenmu III and Phoenix Point, is the fact that they were crowd-funded.

The same goes for publishers who pre-sold copies of their games on Steam, only to go EGS exclusive a month before launch and refuse to honor those Steam pre-orders.

Those, are unethical business practices. Going out and convincing a publisher or developer to go EGS exclusive, when not a crowd-funded project or one that hasn't already been available for pre-order on other platforms, while anticonsumer in my opinion, would not be unethical.

The argument is probably something like "those devs made that choice, not EGS fault!!!" which is technically true but ignores the fact that EGS hanging a giant sack of money in front of their faces shares some responsibility for the situation occurring at all. I would also note that those people making this argument would never support it if the name of the company involved was Microsoft instead of Epic.

And regardless its totally unnecessary. Run some more sales, build the client. If EGS is as pro-developer as they claim then devs will flock to it. Some have already said they like the increased discoverability. EGS will be fine, it does not need to engage in this lazy anti-consumer bullshit.

19333 Comments. 967 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo