Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 30878 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 19:46 Cutter

Huh, I like their Sayl chairs better - design at any rate as I've never sat in either one before. I'll have to try them out one day and see if they're worth it. I like the fact that the Sayl chairs are half what the Aeron cost too.

cops also say speed and poor visibility were factors in the crash

Ding! And we have another Darwin Award candidate for the year. 'Huh, visibility is pretty poor, guess I should speed up in that case.'

Anyone else been watching Teh Planets series narrated by Zach Quinto on PBS of late? Super interesting. Learned a ton about our solar system I had no idea about. I'd love to see the supersonic winds on Neptune. Also how reduced the sun's power is by planet as you go out makes me wonder how weak Superman would be. How far could he travel from the sun before he's too weak to get back?

Enh, I think there's a real danger in using things like CRISPR to alleviate pain that's a result of lifestyle. For the overwhelming majority of people back pain is because of obesity and lack of stretching and exercise. I know because I saw 3 neurosurgeons last year about my DDD and they all said the same thing. And they all said they said the same thing again, lose weight, stretch and exercise - focusing on building core and back strength and watch the pain magically disappear. For years my left QL has always hurt. Now after 6 months of regular exercise and losing 20+ pounds my back is still sore but nowhere hurting near as much as before. My cuz is doing the same thing, started 2 years ago and he lost 65lbs and is down to 190 now - he's 6'2, and says the pain in his back and joints (knees especially) is gone now entirely. It's like using drugs to mask pain. For the immediate short term? Sure. Long term? That's no beuno.

And someone was finally cool enough to make a video of Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla using clips from the films. Gojira!!!

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise
13. Re: Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise Aug 18, 2019, 19:20 Cutter

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 11:47:
Drayth wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 22:52:
Yeah, I don't quite get the outrage over this either. There's a very rare reward out there for those who do play a ton / professionally / have a lot of money. It doesn't affect those who don't have it.
It's exploitative. The goal is to extract obscene amounts of money from people with poor impulse control / addictive personalities. It's like charities that target the eldery because they're easily persuadable.

Capitalism like this has no place in society.

You don't have any self-discipline and that's their fault? Good grief!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 18, 2019, 19:19 Cutter

Drath71 wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 18:42:
My point is, apparently only one point of view on such matters is acceptable now, and shocker...the media are in full agreement. And if you disagree on that point of view, you are alt-right, fringe, right wing, whatever.
Great. No problem at all.

Well didn't you know if you don't agree with the liberal agenda that the only sexists, bigots and racists on the planet are white men than you're worse than Hitler? Apparently every other person on planet Earth are out there holding hands and singing "It's a small world after all".

Schroeder isn't worried about white male youth themselves, she said, calling this generation "the most open-hearted potentially kindest critical thinking loving group of boys that I've ever seen," she said.

What planet does this broad live on? Today's youth are the most shallow and selfish generation there's ever been. I'd say for every one kid who you'd call intelligent, educated, and caring there are at least a 1000 who aren't. Shit like social media, reality TV and the Kardashians are living proof of that. Christ, they're so lazy they can't even be bothered to play video games they have to watch other people do that.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 18, 2019, 19:09 Cutter

PMS Clan? Okay, that's funny.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity
10. Re: DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 18, 2019, 19:08 Cutter

Nice to see a dev who gets it.

News Comments > Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare
11. Re: Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare Aug 18, 2019, 19:06 Cutter

I wonder if it's everyone actually leaving for greener pastures or EA 'suggesting' the people go elsewhere to implement a complete change. At the last place I was out - was there 6 years - they changed management and everything else and everyone just left - which seemed to be what corporate wanted anyway.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 19:25 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 16:39:
Ugh, if you're going to boycott Borderlands 3, boycott it for being a rehash of the past several games, with no major innovations; don't get your panties in a bunch over the preferences of fictional characters.

We're not talking about the characters we're talking about yet another company trying to push a leftist political agenda. It's only an issue because they're making one out of it. Why do I even need to know what some fictional character's sexual preference is? Unless it's a game about having sex with other fictional characters. Is this that? No? Then either stfu about it or be prepared to lose a lot of business from other people who are sick and tired of having this bullshit forced on them all the time. That's what creates pushback and hostility towards these issues. The overwhelming majority of people really don't care about race or sexual preference anymore but they do about constantly being lectured to on how if they're not accepting a political agenda than they're the epitome of evil because they may not agree with it.

The idiots below me remaking on my posts with their usual idiocy are an absolute perfect example of that. I put them on ignore but they won't put me on ignore because that's what the left is all about, constantly trolling, preaching at others, and causing shit. Idiot children of privilege who don't understand the real world because they're all in their parents basements. Well let's hope Trump does make Antifa a terrorist organization and we won't hear from them anymore.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 16:56 Cutter

That may be an Onion article but I think Cleveland fan's expectations are that high at least this year. All the talk I've seen seems to be they expect them to at least make it to the playoffs and will be disappoint if they'd don't.

I'm heading down there myself on the 28th and think I'll try to catch the pre-season game against the Lions on the 29th. I may blow that off and head down there instead for the Sept. 22 game against the Rams instead however.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 16:51 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:15:
Seaside town's high-tech anti-sex toilets will spray users with water.

Nothing could go wrong with that plan. Nope.

Porthcawl town council is spending 170,000 on the futuristic toilets in Griffin Park1

$340,000 bucks so people won't shag in them? Put CCTV cameras in them. You can position them so they're high enough to see if it's one or two people going in but not record them doing their business. Have some minimum wage rent a cop monitor it and inform the cops if need be. That'll put an end to it PDQ and cost a fraction of that. That or just increase the penalties. Anyone caught doing goes to prison for a year minimum, has to register as a sex offender for life, and fine them $100,000 bucks. Something else that would curtail it and not waste a small fortune on this sort of stupidity. The sheer idiocy of regional councils never ceases to amaze me.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2019, 16:35 Cutter

Wtf is a wheeze in this context? Screw up or scam?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 16:31 Cutter

Or another reason for most consumers to avoid doing business with another extreme leftist company of panderers. Not a smart business decision.

News Comments > Rust Axing Linux Client; Offering Refunds
2. Re: Rust Axing Linux Client; Offering Refunds Aug 17, 2019, 16:29 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:07:
Facepunch Studios? More like Facepalm Studios.

More like Donkeypunch Studios because they just gave all those people one.

News Comments > Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise
2. Re: Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise Aug 17, 2019, 16:24 Cutter

Isn't this game F2P anyway? If it is why the hell are they apologizing? They're not selling P2W items and they have to make money somehow.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 17, 2019, 13:08 Cutter

You people do realize that rigging elections and gerrymandering are actual things that people do all over the world including the US right? And that's been proven with both the Dems and the GOP. And the reasons are much more extensive than simply not liking people on the other side of the political aisle.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 13:04 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 10:45:
I don't want lectures, but I want the game to handle the topic like an adult and not hide it like a child that has nothing to say. Not even that slavery was bad. I mean, the game literally acts as if slavery didn't exist and those magical South American colonies produced happily coffee, sugar and tobacco and got of course paid for it a decent living wage and enjoyed adequate housing too....

Or maybe a game in that time period has the balls to show us pre-industry age south American colonies as the horrible unethical cesspits that they were.

I mean it's pretty crazy that most pirate games show you this time period more realistically than games actually set in it.

So, I'm confused, do you want to be lectured to or not. Because you're saying you don't but your examples are lecturing. If you want to be a captain of industry than you need to play the role of one and be psycho/sociopathic enough not to give a shit about the people your exploiting in order to make your fortune. Otherwise you're talking about a completely different game where you're the benevolent leader of some hippy commune and your goal isn't to be a captain of industry. So what if they're presenting some alternative history that didn't exist?

What are we supposed to do keep apoligizing to each other ad infinitum because of our cultural insensitivity to each other? It would never end. Every one on this fucking planet for the history of the fucking planet has been a victim at one time or another. Where does it stop? My family is Irish so where is my apology and reparations from the English? Before that we likely came from Iberia. Where is my apology and reparations from Italy from when Rome likely enslaved and murdered my ancestors?

It would never end. It'd just be one big circle jerk of everyone demanding an apology and money for slights real or imagined. The only way we move forward is to suck it up and move the fuck on. Otherwise we end up like Germany. Why did WWII happen? Because Germany got screwed hard after WWI.

And that's the case for most everything if you don't learn to let go. You keep punishing people sooner or later they're going to get angry and do something about it. This why you're seeing all these reactionary politics from white men today. They're sick of being told they're fucking villain in all things. And the sad irony is that the groups doing this don't even realize they're doing the exact same the thing as has been done to them - painting a group with broad strokes instead of holding individuals to account. The hypocrisy is galling, and worse all it does is foment conflict. It doesn't resolve a fucking thing, and just makes things worse.

So, yeah, like most of us we play games to take a break from reality. The last thing we want is someone - and not even a qualified historian - is being lectured about the inequities of the world because we're already quite aware of them, thank you very much. You want reality? Get into wargaming. Meantime I'll happily exploit my people in Civ to end up top dog.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2019, 21:36 Cutter

A terrible actor, but a cool guy. Must have been hard living his old man's shadow with what a great actor Henry was.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up
4. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up Aug 16, 2019, 21:26 Cutter

And I'm guessing he'll be blaming pirates and everyone else yet again when the book doesn't sell? Why on earth would anyone be interested in that?

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 15:08 Cutter

Ahh Florida, the gift that just keeps on giving.

That article on a lonely pill makes me want to listen to The Police - So Lonely, Roy Orbison - Only the Lonely, and Three Dog Night - One is the Loneliest Number.

How does an organ lurk? I can never hear that word without thinking of Woody Allen in Sleeper, "My brain? It's my second favorite organ!"

That Diatom vid is great. I love those looks at life on that scale.

Who doesn't like Manatees, man?

Or you could find a different mountain that doesn't have fucking lineups to summit. There's plenty of good ones out there where no one else is climbing them.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 14:59 Cutter

Fion wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:06:
Blue I had a similar issue with a muscle over my left shoulderblade. You want to treat it with hot & cold. Go buy a couple hot/cold water bottles at your local pharmacy and some Aleve - Back & Muscle Pain. Fill and freeze one bottle, fill the other with hot but not boiling water. Pop an Aleve (1 every 12 hours), it contains a muscle relaxer, and sit on the hot pad until it cools and then cold pad until its warm, repeat a few times a day and that muscle should relax back to normal in a day or two. Just don't go for a jog or something before then.

No, don't do that. That's wrong.

The Great Ice vs. Heat Confusion Debacle

Ice is for fresh injuries, and heat is for stiff, aching muscles. Roughly. But the devil is in the details, and there are a lot of them.

I hurt my hamstring quite badly 2 years ago and took 6-8 months to heal. I was going to physio for that - and some other stuff. One thing I learned from the PTs, and my own research, is that - on the whole - ice is for initial injuries but it's just heat after that, and heat alone. You want the muscle to stay loose because it's far easier for the blood to get in their and repair it than if it's constricted under cold. And I'd stay away from the ibuprofen as it numbing the pain can make you more prone to injuring that area even worse. Pain is just your body's way of telling you to stop doing whatever your doing that's bad for it. Masking it risks making things worse.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 14:49 Cutter

arctic.vampire wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:22:
As a fellow oldie, I would recommend getting a TENS unit.
After my total hip replacement it was a god send at the therapists office so I bought a good one off amazon years ago...just got the new wirecutter approved one this week and it's sooooo good.

Enh, I've used them before in physio and I'm not a fan. I'd suggest trying one first before buying one. I'd recommend gentle stretching and heat on a regular basis instead.

30878 Comments. 1544 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo