Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2327 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
25. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 13:23 Alamar

Mordhaus wrote on May 19, 2019, 02:57:
I've even posted a while back calling him out as a corporate shill.

You do have to realize this hyberbole is actually what invalidates your argument, though... I hope...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BlizzCon 2019 Announced
3. Re: BlizzCon 2019 Announced Apr 25, 2019, 19:45 Alamar

Man... It feels like it was just last month they fucked over fans at Blizzcon... Time flies when you're ignoring shit...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 19, 2019, 17:57 Alamar

I love the article's spin at the top...

'Another reason to stick with Defender'... Ya, because they'll be made aware of the last minute changes MS makes before releasing a build...

News Comments > More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
12. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 10:17 Alamar

Darks wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 09:57:
I dont trust them one bit, I will never use their store.

Ill pirate their games first before I use that bullshit store front for a game.

So is it one thing or the other? Either you understand what he's saying, and know why it's a non issue, or you're concerned about security, and don't know enough to project yourself when pirating stuff... Piracy is a malware cesspool, which people like you are claiming is better, which I have to assume is due to gross ignorance...

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
28. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 13:25 Alamar

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 10:46:
Epic store exclusive! That's bullshit. I only buy exclusives from Steam, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Microsoft, Bethesda, Origin, and Playstation.

I WILL NEVER ACCEPT EPIC STORE!

This is beautiful ; )

Gotta wonder though... Are any of the Steam, UPlay, Blizzard, Bethesda, or Origin exclusives timed? The XB/PS ones often are, and others often aren't, but that's kind of unrelated given development can be significantly different between those devices.

Maybe people have an easier time ignoring, or justifying non-timed exclusives...

News Comments > Randy Pitchford on Borderlands 3 and Exclusivity
14. Re: Randy Pitchford on Borderlands 3 and Exclusivity Apr 2, 2019, 20:40 Alamar

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 2, 2019, 18:39:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 2, 2019, 15:24:
The game looks like it needs about another year in the oven so no loss.

How do you conclude this?

I just hope he stood up before pulling it out...

Regarding the Epic Exclusivity... What's a huge non-issue...

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #1
14. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 13:59 Alamar

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 12:25:
The WoW patch notes are, like every year, brilliant.

hehe... Feral Druids can now be crowd-controlled by throwing a slice of cheese on their head.

So much good stuff in there : )

News Comments > Grave Keeper Released
1. Re: Grave Keeper Released Mar 30, 2019, 11:44 Alamar

I know those assets! : )  

News Comments > Dead Cells Rise of the Giant Released
1. Re: Dead Cells Rise of the Giant Released Mar 28, 2019, 21:26 Alamar

First off... Awesome...

Secondly... O M F G... They through in the Wilhelm scream...

News Comments > Borderlands Teaser Trailer: Announcement Tomorrow
1. Re: Borderlands Teaser Trailer: Announcement Tomorrow Mar 27, 2019, 20:25 Alamar

My body and mind are ready...

Good time for Shooters, holy shit... Anthem was good (and hopefully will be great)... Division 2 is better than I expected... Rage 2 in a few months, and that last gameplay vid was badass... Top it all off with some BL3 (4) goodness, and I'm a happy shooter ; )

News Comments > Anthem Loot Changes
5. Re: Anthem Loot Changes Feb 28, 2019, 11:24 Alamar

The game is fun... These changes are a good way to move towards improving some of the (many) issues the game has. People think there was this big loot nerf, but having gotten 5 MW's in a single Legendary Mission last night, that's a hard (and yes, anecdotal) opinion to agree on.

I haven't actually purchased it yet, but I'll still be considering it for the next two weeks of my sub. With a new PoE league coming out next Friday, it's likely I'll just sub another month (or buy) after some new content is added in a few months. If I wasn't jumping in 90% of the time just to play through some catch-up stuff with friends, which will hopefully turn into some good GM1 Strongholds and Missions this weekend, I may already be done with it, but I'm obsessive, and I'm ok with running out of content as a result of that ; )

I also, non hypocritically, appreciate the continued transparency... Developers, like any other passionate gamers, want to be making, and improving upon, the best product they can, amid the cacophony of complaints and bitching they have to filter through.

I'm confidently hopeful this fun game continues to get improvements over the next few months, and I look forward to more of you people joining in, at any price point ; )

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers
3. Re: NVIDIA Drivers Feb 23, 2019, 15:01 Alamar

Zarkonis wrote on Feb 23, 2019, 09:56:
Can't they get their shit right the first time? This is the third one in the last two weeks.

This is software... So, no...

News Comments > Anthem Launches on Origin Access
38. Re: Anthem Launches on Origin Access Feb 16, 2019, 18:20 Alamar

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2019, 14:37:
- Loot is nice and varied. I haven't noticed a decrease in drops, to be honest, I still find ~ 5-8 items per mission and am starting to see green drops more often. It does definitely look like that's hard-locked to your level though.
So ya, loot 'rarity' rates are directly tied to your level... And it's listed in the Codex along with five thousand other things.

Once I hit 12, and ran out of missions (WTF?), I did a single Stronghold and got 8 Rares... Didn't get that in the beta, but ya, people would think drop rates are less if they were also not aware about the rarity vs level stuff...
- There ARE more than three powers per javelin, fortunately, you just can't equip more than 3 at a time. (because, you know, where would that all fit on a controller? Thanks consoles...) Unfortunately, some of these powers are absolute garbage, and you don't know they are until you're in free play or a mission, and have to go back into Tarsis to swap it out.
https://i.imgur.com/M0G4gY3.jpg

The not so good:

- Run speed in Tarsis is still bullshit. Just awful. It takes forever to get anywhere. They said they unlocked sprint, and I shit you not, sprint is literally 5% faster than the normal walk speed. Wow, thanks for the favor, Bioware... Sigh
It feels like a bigger increase to me, but it's 100% pointless... Just increase the base speed? Why should I have toggle this shit on a few times while running around town... The 'Launch Bay' is maybe their partial answer to this... Once you're done anything story related, I assume there's no reason to be IN the Fort, so you can get to everything quicker there.
- So far the game has been an absolute joke of how easy it is on normal diff (easier to find matchmaking on normal vs hard.) I think that's mostly because everyone is running in Storm, and Storms are just supremely OP compared to the other Javelins. (Fucking Blizzard-like nerf hammer incoming in 3... 2...)
Normal isn't for groups... But they can be challenging solo... Still have 20+ mobs at a time wailing on me, so hiding is a must a lot of the time, and this is as the OP Storm, which didn't feel OP in the few groups I ran (which also didn't have any other Storms)... The Juggernaut and his flame thrower was pretty bad-ass...

The ugly:

Once the story is gone and not even the NPC yammering changes in a mission anymore, why would people keep playing?
And that's why there's some 'consistent' new content planned... I'm assuming it'll have some new NPC yammering and not just the occasional 'Dungeon'.

- This is a beautiful world, and I'd love to explore it. Can I? Well, not when I'm playing with other people, because the ADHD generation has to RUN from checkpoint to checkpoint as if the IRS was chasing them, and if you stay behind to just look at something, you'll just get teleported forward because "YOU MUST KEEP UP WITH THE OTHER PARTY MEMBERS!!!!!"
I agree, and this is why I solo'd every mission... The later Strongholds, that I don't know very well from beta, are going to be frustrating due to this...
- Final bad point, this game is agony to play with friends, because of the Fort Tarsis thing. You come back from a mission, everyone goes to their instance of FT. So I'm new to the story, and I need/want to talk to all the NPCs and maybe read a few codex entries. My buddy, meanwhile, was helping me with some earlier missions, and he's just sitting there waiting for me to get done with FT so we can do another mission. Eventually he gets bored and goes and does a mission, and now I'm ready, and hey, he can't join me because he's busy. So you're always waiting on each other. I guess that's maybe endemic to MMOs in general, but I dunno... it seems they could have figured something out to make this go smoother. Grouping up works fine for one mission and then you're just having to fucking WORK at meeting up for another one. It is really not very well thought out.
I'm surprised how ridiculously bad the game that keeps reminding you to play coop every damn time you try to launch a mission... Is so fucking bad coop... Voice chat is built in... But it's then disabled if you go in loading screen... And since people load at different rates, you might not hear them, or vice versa, and not even know it.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn Dawns
7. Re: Far Cry New Dawn Dawns Feb 16, 2019, 11:39 Alamar

Xero wrote on Feb 16, 2019, 00:39:
I like that they didn't go full price on it but it's still higher than I would pay for it. I will most likely def pick it up once it's on sale.

heh... This was so not on my radar, then it popped up as releasing in like a day or so, so I'm like... Liked FC5 (and 4/3/Primal)... I guess I'll see what this $20 offer is going to be like... Oh... Ya, that's not going to happen. Busy with Anthem, and maybe RAGE 2 in the nearish future... We'll see if I get bored enough for an impulse purchase, but otherwise, I'll stay uninformed, and unhyped : )

News Comments > Anthem Launches on Origin Access
29. Re: Anthem Launches on Origin Access Feb 16, 2019, 11:35 Alamar

I'm not going to read through the 28 posts of mostly complaints, because I've seen the previous threads, and I doubt the content is much different. I'm also eager to get back in game, so don't want to waste a lot of time here...

What I do want to say, for those still on the fence...

The game has been nearly flawless for me... ZERO server issues... No major client issues... I think I encountered a bug, but it may be one of their many stupid anti-PC design choices, so it's hard to say...

The caveat being, I haven't done ANY Coop... All solo... Currently on my lvl 11 Storm (that I started on right after the intro stuff, which btw, can be played while downloading; close the game to get the rest, as it's slowed when the game is running).

I'm enjoying the story... And 'sprinting' in town is a welcome change, except it should have just been the base speed instead of a toggleable sprint... There's a LOT of talking to characters in the Fort, not surprisingly.... Surprisingly, I'm enjoying it... Maybe because it's voice acted and well animated, as opposed to when I play other RPGs and it's just a long as string of text, though ironically, I love sub titles so I can read ahead of the voice acting anyway... /rambling

So ya, I'll play until about the 15th of March, and decide if I want to throw another month at it, or buy it for realzies.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Trailer
12. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 15:08 Alamar

Holy shit... All those ridiculously stupid ads turned me off paying attention to anything RAGE 2 related... But I love me some mobility... Looking interesting.  

News Comments > The Division 2 Open Beta Plans Revealed
9. Re: The Division 2 Open Beta Plans Revealed Feb 11, 2019, 14:32 Alamar

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 14:21:
Alamar wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 14:11:
And the super duper armored enemies... I don't mind some bullet spongyness in my shooters, but there appeared to be zero feedback on whether I was making any progress (with bullets; explosives showed some numbers, but were on a long ass cooldown, and grenades were scarce during a long, boss-only fight).

You can brute force through armor with bullets, but it's locational so it's best to drill the same exact spot. That's the long way, though, you're meant to find the weakness that will strip off most or all their armor pretty quickly. For example, in the hotel mission from the beta, they come right out and say to shoot his ammo belt. The same mechanic was present throughout the first game (you get a yellow hit indicator with special impact sound), they've only expanded on it.

That's good to know, so thanks for that... I like that overall design, but some UI indication would have been nice... I'm pro tutorial, but I don't necessary hear/see everything, or remember it ; )

Going forward though, at least now I know I should experiment even more than I was to find the sweet spot (Unless it's always just yellow, as a lot of these games often do).

News Comments > The Division 2 Open Beta Plans Revealed
7. Re: The Division 2 Open Beta Plans Revealed Feb 11, 2019, 14:11 Alamar

As a big fan of Fantasy and Sci-Fi stuff... I loved Anthem, and The Division 2 (Private Beta) bored the shit out of me... Some of the mechanics aren't bad, but I feel like I'm fighting against the controls all the time (which is ironic, since I got used to Anthem's bad beta controls pretty quickly), and the fucking cover system... Neat concept (running from cover to cover is done well), but I just keep hitting space to jump, and there is no jump (only vault/climb).

I picked up the first for like $5 at some point, and enjoyed it for a dozen or two hours, but ultimately just ditched it, instead of grinding through the content to get to the end of the story. I guess I've come full circle here, because I also had complaints with auto leveling RPG mobs, but at least I could just rip through the Destiny 2 story with very little non-story-grind to get to the next spot... Was usually over leveled because I was enjoying myself enough to explore and what not.

And the super duper armored enemies... I don't mind some bullet spongyness in my shooters, but there appeared to be zero feedback on whether I was making any progress (with bullets; explosives showed some numbers, but were on a long ass cooldown, and grenades were scarce during a long, boss-only fight).

News Comments > 2018 Steam Awards Results
6. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:52 Alamar

I slowly went through this list on Steam when it showed up, and for more than half, I was barking out, 'Seriously?!?!'... Good times ; )

VR and Labor get the biggest WTF's from me... Not surprising that AAA titles beat out Indie titles, but still a little frustrating...

News Comments > Anthem Launch Trailer
3. Re: Anthem Launch Trailer Feb 8, 2019, 20:50 Alamar

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 8, 2019, 20:37:
Looks like it's trying to be Warframe. But Warframe is much better and you don't have to deal with EA.

I mean... Sure... The character wears suits made of metal... And all those other things that are 'unique' to Warframe... Like that, uh... Ninja stuff... No... Randomized room based maps... Hmmm, nope...

What does Warframe do that this is trying to be like again? That a dozen others don't already do, that is...

2327 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo