Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Asus Z77 Motherboard P8Z77-V
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 2GB
16 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 10
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 27323 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 16:01 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:58:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:10:
I've been injured doing yoga. Some yoga is pretty intense, and you're moving the body in ways it's not used to.

Did you just grab a random Yoga video and start stretching away? That's a very quick road to getting injured. Yoga moves are extremely advanced, and you really need to work up to them.

I would advise an app like Yoga studio which starts you at "utter nub" level and slowly works you up to those crazy stretches you see people do.
Actually, I was attending a beginner's class. But you're supporting the point I'm making: don't just load up some random YouTube video and go to town.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2019, 15:57 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:41:
Chief People Officer. Lol. Apparently the term HR has become too toxic, so now we gotta change it.

Part of the Agile mindset is to stop referring to people as "resources." Changing the Human Resources Manager title makes sense from that perspective.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

News Comments > The Eternal Cylinder Next Year
2. Re: The Eternal Cylinder Next Year Aug 16, 2019, 13:34 jdreyer

"Adorable creatures?" They look like the pictures of the monstrosities that lived on the Astral plane in D & D.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2019, 13:30 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:41:
That is a surprise coming out of Ohio. Nice one, OAG.

It won't last long. Repubs are making a long-term play to ensure their minority rule in the state.

Advocates Fighting Latest Ohio Voter Purge

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 13:27 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:40:
Yeah, and liberal media like the NYT and their agenda don't factor into things at all. Wry

Cutter, you bust on liberals, but you're a liberal.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Aug 16, 2019, 13:25 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:19:
Word to the wise, Wait a month after nmsky drops a major patch before hopping back in the uni.

Yeah, I'm excited to play this, but have other things to play first. Waiting for this to get fixed up a bit is good.

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2019, 13:21 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 09:49:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 17:16:
They did get some of their videos remonetized after complaining.

There is no discrimination then, glad we got that settled.

Oh there is, and that's part of the problem. They shouldn't have to spend countless hours getting a non-offensive video reinstated. I'm just pointing out that a few of their videos got reinstated, but yes it took great effort on their part./

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 13:19 jdreyer

Blue wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 08:41:
Jonjonz wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 06:50:
Feeding wildlife is evil. Don't do it.

Some old lady feeds ducks in our development, and now the place is infested with them. They poop all over the sidewalks and patios and cause traffic accidents when they take their time crossing the road or parking lot.

Don't be that old lady.

We have a big pond behind our condo, the ducks hang out there all the time. There have also been geese and a heron, and there were swans out there this morning. I don't think me tossing out a handful of oatmeal is going to attract more, nor do I think if I refrain they will go away. It's their habitat that we are sharing, not vice versa.

OTOH, conditioning them to trust humans may not be great for their survival instinct. That is a far more compelling argument for me.

Keep doing it Blue. When the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll have a ready supply of game to eat while holed up in Blue Tower.

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare
10. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 13:17 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 08:20:
Over the years, I have found that I am less and less interested in anything EA and Activision have offered. The nail in the coffin with EA and my purchases was Mass Effect Andromeda. That was a completely off the rails, bare cash grab on the name of a series that had two great entries and one good entry.

Are they successful in terms of units sold? Yes, there is no denying that. Are they putting out quality titles worthy of my time and interest? No.

Does anyone but me give a shit about my purchases? No.

LOL at that last sentence. Still, they're losing a demographic with a lot of money to spend. They should be interested in that.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 13:10 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:02:
Blue:

Do some Youtube Yoga... not even kidding. I hate sounding like a granola but it works. Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years because it doesn't do anything... Just youtube lower back and hips and look like an idiot but it works.

I was having some leg pain issues so I was stretching and working out and it was still hitting it so decided to try some of the crazy yoga stuff on a suggestion from my physiotherapist and it worked.

I started doing it once a day at first then bumped it to twice a day until it fixed.

I've been injured doing yoga. Some yoga is pretty intense, and you're moving the body in ways it's not used to. Perhaps you could post the videos you used?

Also what Fion said.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 13:08 jdreyer

Killer Kane wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:18:
So you went out drinking with your buddies, and you ass hurt afterwards...my question to you is:

WANT TO GO OUT DRINKING TONIGHT?

LOL, my post was going to ask, "Blue, have you and Mrs. Blue been getting up to any shenanigans, like pegging?" I should have known that the first comment out of the gate was going to be in this vein. Well played, sir.

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare
3. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 02:03 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 00:43:
May he find a better developing house. I mean you can't get much worse than Bioware. What is that developer even developing? Dragon Age 4 as a minimum viable product?

Sorry but the big publishers have become irrelevant. And none other more so than EA. They still have their tiny genre niche (which has a rather large amount of people still in it) but EA and Activision do NOT innovate anymore. They will be dead in less than 10 years if they don't start doing that.

You can start a drinking game whenever a big publisher announces a game nowadays, if at any point it has surprise mechanics, MTX, MVP or "go-woke" elements you take a sip. I am talking about coffee of course.
Can't add coffee to your game or it will be denied a rating in Australia.

News Comments > Play Galactic Civilizations III Free This Weekend
3. Re: Play Galactic Civilizations III Free This Weekend Aug 16, 2019, 02:01 jdreyer

Played a lot of GalCiv2. Watched videos of 3. Didn't look much different. I still need to play Stellaris.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 15, 2019, 20:01 jdreyer

No loot boxes, no sale. Please stop depriving me of my gambling fix.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?
21. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Aug 15, 2019, 19:55 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 16:28:
He's like the Ewe Boll of video game developers. Just seems so out of touch...
Hey, man. Lawbreakers was teh awesome.

News Comments > Rogue Singularity Forms
1. Re: Rogue Singularity Forms Aug 15, 2019, 19:47 jdreyer

So, it's not a rogue like? I'm so confused.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2019, 19:43 jdreyer

People are still drinking bleach—and vomiting and pooping their guts out.

In the last year, Amazon has drawn criticism for selling MMS and MMS-like products, as well as books about the solutions aimed at parents of children with autism. As recently as November of last year, MMS carried the “Amazon’s Choice” label on the site. In an email to Ars, Amazon noted that it has since stopped selling MMS-related books, pointing to news coverage indicating so from May of this year.

Amazon's Choice. LOL.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2019, 17:16 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 12:30:
I think you meant LGBTQ+2SA&F

In all seriousness though, I've never seen the sort of behavior from Youtube search that they're claiming and several videos I just looked up were all monetized.
They did get some of their videos remonetized after complaining.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2019, 17:14 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 15:17:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 14:32:
BULLSHIT!!! Google only discriminates against conservatives!! Infact their whole TOS is geared to the persecution of Christians and the expansion liberals and their false gods.
The above is guaranteed 100% sarcasm free.
Hey, stop trying to outsarcasm the sarcasm. You'll cause a resonance cascade via Poe's Law inception.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 15, 2019, 16:31 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 10:44:
ATT helps US government spy on US citizens.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/25/nsa-att-intercept-surveillance/
https://theintercept.com/2018/06/25/att-internet-nsa-spy-hubs/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

Yeah, but it's basically automatic for Huawei.

27323 Comments. 1367 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo