Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Asus Z77 Motherboard P8Z77-V
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 2GB
16 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 10
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 26356 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2019, 20:54 jdreyer

Saboth wrote on May 24, 2019, 17:12:
American has moved past a manufacturing economy into a service-based economy. That's actually an advancement as a nation. To say "we should go back to making textiles and steel and mining coal" is ridiculous. We are currently at 3.5% unemployment. Where are these workers going to come from? "When we have factory jobs, people will quit McDonald's and Uber and go make jeans and aluminum parts!" Only if demand for labor dictates higher wages. Trump likes to claim that the "good-paying factory jobs are coming back", but factory jobs did not pay well until unions got involved. Before that, workers were working 16 hour days for a pittance.
Unions are what need to come back, not "factory jobs".

Right, unions need to come back. All of the productivity gains have gone to the 1%, while middle class wages have stagnated over the past 40 years. This directly correlates to declines in Union membership from 30% 50 years ago to just 10% today.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2019, 20:41 jdreyer

VoodooV wrote on May 24, 2019, 16:54:
We could do it, but there is a negative stigma to manufacturing jobs in America. Too many people think you have to be sent of to college for a 4 year degree to be considered even minimally viable in the job market.

The people who do want manufacturing jobs have this pesky desire to be paid a living wage and not be paid in peanuts and the owners won't have that.

You want to make things? what are you, some sort of poor person?

Manufacturing jobs are a dead end anyway. 80% of manufacturing job losses in the US of been to automation, not cheap foreign labor. That trend is accelerating too.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: etc. May 24, 2019, 18:02 jdreyer

deqer wrote on May 24, 2019, 14:06:
So then why is that guy complaining that it's crappy if it isn't crappy. Like, why the fuck is this is even news.
4DaClickz

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 24, 2019, 18:00 jdreyer

Came here to discuss SpaceX. Am disappoint.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Getting Aliens
12. Re: Arma 3 Getting Aliens May 24, 2019, 17:59 jdreyer

MrBone wrote on May 24, 2019, 15:34:
Is it going to realistically have the aliens annihilate us as easily as buttering a piece of toast?

My thought is that there are two ways they can go with this:

- the Crysis route, where you actually fight the aliens

- the Arrival route, where you make first contact and must protect the aliens from other humans that would wish to do them harm.

My money would be on the latter, given Arma's realism in its mission.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2019, 16:44 jdreyer

Pete wrote on May 24, 2019, 16:40:
Yes we can, you just don't want to pay more than 1 cent per dozen

You could make them that cheap in Mexico. Ditto for rare Earth metals and all the other things China has cornered the market on.

News Comments > Top New Steam Games for April
1. Re: Top New Steam Games for April May 24, 2019, 16:22 jdreyer

TABS is wacky goofy fun.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2019, 14:13 jdreyer

Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air travel ban.

Put all the anti vaxxers on the Do Not Fly list. Sweet!

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2019, 14:07 jdreyer

Putting tariffs on the board game market will devastate the Chinese economy. Millions will starve.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2019, 14:00 jdreyer

Retired wrote on May 24, 2019, 00:48:
I was happy to see my thread 200,000 was a success. Sorry didnt get the email until today. Was in spam folder.
It took a long time for that seed to sprout!

News Comments > RiME Free on Epic Games Store
12. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 13:56 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 20:10:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the quality of these freebies is slightly lower than awesome.
Did you just dis the awesomeness that is Rime?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 23, 2019, 22:33 jdreyer

I haven't even played the TT games I already own.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 23, 2019, 22:31 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 20:19:
Open season on journalists and the First Amendment, I wonder what the bag limit is.

You're not kidding.

Whatcha wanna bet that anti robocalling bill works as good as the DoNotCall list.

"Hello. I am from the Windows technical department."

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 23, 2019, 22:25 jdreyer

Comcast does so much lobbying that it says disclosing it all is too hard.

Disclose or go to jail.

Wait, so not disclosing is a few thousand dollar fine, while all their illegal lobbying reaps them millions? Can we make all corporate lobbying illegal already?

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 20:01 jdreyer

whitelined wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:22:
It looks too slick. Not sure how to explain that, but terminator 2 felt like it had weight, grime, dirt and dust to it. It was such a good film, it's going to be hard to reboot from that.

Heh, after T1, I thought T2 was too slick.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2019, 19:57 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on May 23, 2019, 17:40:
Quinn wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:40:
Acleacius wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:08:
Task wrote on May 23, 2019, 13:17:
Observation is awesome. Best interactive sci-fi thriller I've ever experienced.
Hah, was just about to add it to my list on your recommendation but it's console only. Blue is always trying to trick us PC gamers! Paperbag Giggle

It's for PC. I'm installing it as we speak. Maybe it's an EGS exclusive though?
Oh seriously? I googled and it says PS4 - PlayStation. I see what you mean, looked a little more and seems it is a egs exclusive. I'll pass on egs but thanks for the update!
The trailer the other day said PC and PS, but no XBox. Did Sony pull a console Epic?

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2019, 19:55 jdreyer

Task wrote on May 23, 2019, 13:17:
Observation is awesome. Best interactive sci-fi thriller I've ever experienced.

The trailer, the review, and now this comment: I'm sold.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 23, 2019, 19:49 jdreyer

Simon Says wrote on May 23, 2019, 19:10:
Brazor wrote on May 23, 2019, 18:19:
Anyone can lie about their age online.

And that's a little problem that can easily be fixed with the right tools.

Issue a coded number on a card linked to your birth date only, with a personal PIN that you have to provide to verify your age online to every citizen.

Kids can "steal" the parent's card ( or memorize the code ), but without knowing the PIN, they're fucked.

The seller's system automatically checks the coded number against the birth date database, if you're not 18, it refuses to accept the order.

There, easy simple fix.

Sure the parent can give the PIN, but then he'd have to be aware of what is happening with the kid, leaving room for PARENTING to happen.

Credit card companies won't allow that. They oppose anything that makes a purchase slower and have people abandon impulse purrchases midstream. And they own the politicians. Cheaper to pay a few thousand when someone complains and not lose millions in impulse purchases.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 16:35 jdreyer

Numinar wrote on May 23, 2019, 12:13:
4 billion bucks and still can't get a first person PUBG or Firestorm game down here. Come on you fucks, don't do us dirty. The demand is there if the games are functional.

Not sure what you mean? Apex, Firestorm, and Blackout are all first person. You don't have them in Australia?

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Trailer
2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Trailer May 23, 2019, 16:25 jdreyer

So, still not an actual game play vid.  

26356 Comments. 1318 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo