Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 8731 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 16:38 Mr. Tact

Hey, Blue -- what did you pay for it? Just curious, I've purchased two over the years...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
30. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 12:41 Mr. Tact

For me, about the only thing I can imagine looking forward to in WoW Classic, would be completing Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers Quest again. It would be interesting to see if I could manage it again. I actually did it the first time when it was still the best bow you could get.  

52. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 08:57 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 02:15:
A TED talk by a doctor (surgeon) who had debilitating depression and was cured.
I had already listened to this TED talk on NPR. Incredible story.

Here is another cool health story from Radiolab. The issue in this case was acute though, not chronic. (first 12 minutes of the program is the story I am talking about)

Radiolab

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2019, 12:59.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 08:47 Mr. Tact

Wow, sorry dude -- sounds like you need a real life Dr. House. It also sounds like finding companionship might need to be down a bit on your list of priorities.  

19. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 00:12 Mr. Tact

A dead genre that millions of people are still playing...  

46. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 00:11 Mr. Tact

gsilver wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 23:59:
Though energy is another factor. I've got some bad fatigue issues, and have to lie down for much of the time not spent working. It really makes the hour-each-way to meetup groups after work seem daunting.
You might want to see a doctor about that, it doesn't sound normal. Do you sleep well? Do you "wake up tired"? Could be anything from you are simply working too hard, or a medical problem of some kind -- lyme disease, sleep apnea, any number of other things... You're not vaping are you? (just kidding..)

9. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 18:00 Mr. Tact

Are they really backing up the mechanics that much? If they are it might almost be fun to try it just to see the differences...  

6. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 16:06 Mr. Tact

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 15:02:
I think they somehow feel that Classic is gonna magically transport them back to when they didnít have kids and wives who actively drive their spouses away from their friends. Meanwhile, the current WoW is far more geared toward those with minimal playtime available but they refuse to play it. Wonít take them long to realize they REALLY donít have time for how Vanilla WoW was designed.
I'd love to be transported back to the first time I played WoW in 2004. To enjoy it like I did then, that would be awesome. Unfortunately you'd have to wipe my memory though, most of the reason it was so captivating then was the total newness of it -- which I can't get now.

As far as population management goes, I suspect Blizzard can handle that well. Which of the realms are PvP? The original, the second, or both? Also, I don't remember -- can you "unflag" yourself on a PvP realm these days? I would assume not, but you never know...

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2019, 16:18.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 16:01 Mr. Tact

If I were going to get pets, a pair of cats would probably be my choice. Low maintenance, fun when appropriate, and a pair can entertain themselves when I have better things to do. Plus having grown up with one I have fond memories... but for now -- I'll pass.  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 10:10 Mr. Tact

Sepharo wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 00:43:
I've never seen a vaping commercial. That's a thing?
Yep. The one I've seen a couple of times now touts how "technology has made everything better, why not your smoking? Now it has!" And shows a vape stick (or whatever they are called) being assembled as it slowly tumbles through the air. The very first time I saw it, I heard a slightly different audio in my head, something like "We have figured out a better way to deliver deadly, cancer causing, materials to you!"

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up
5. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up Aug 16, 2019, 23:29 Mr. Tact

Who?  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 22:49 Mr. Tact

This could be interesting.. Visionary Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto to Reveal Identity  

41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 22:21 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 17:39:
Dozens of Young People Hospitalized for Breathing and Lung Problems After Vaping.
Vaping bad!? No shit.

Water is also wet.
The idiocy around vaping has continued to, well I was going to say "amaze me" but thinking about it not so much. People are idiots. I would like someone to explain to me why cigarette commercials are illegal but vaping commercials aren't... I assume the answer is the laws are specifically written for cigarettes. All those laws need to be amended to include vaping products.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 17:27 Mr. Tact

You are right, I misread your stat. Your point, isn't much of a point... credit card debt isn't exactly something newly invented. And I'd agree it is an insane amount of debt. And? Again, what is your point?

Are you suggesting some sort of legislation to help the situation?

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 16:48 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 16:03:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:40:
Yes and no. I'll agree the interest rates on nearly all credit cards are bordering on criminal. However, JPM isn't doing anything other banks aren't. That said, for the last two decades I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars on credit cards every single year -- and I have paid exactly zero dollars in interest.

Credit cards like so many things are tools -- used correctly they are handy and helpful, used incorrectly they can easily cause great harm.
Americans owe a record $1.04 trillion in credit card debt Ė up from less than $854 billion five years ago.
On average, Americans owe $6,354 on bank-issued credit cards.
  • about 40 percent of Americans have enough income to pay off their balance

• For the remaining 60 percent ...
  • Besides the fact that 40% of Americans don't know how to correctly use this tool -- what's your point?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 15:40 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:24:
    The card offers an APR of 16.49% to 24.49% based on creditworthiness. In other words, the best rate a person with a perfect or near-perfect credit score would hope to get is 16.49%, which is a total joke.
    Yes and no. I'll agree the interest rates on nearly all credit cards are bordering on criminal. However, JPM isn't doing anything other banks aren't. That said, for the last two decades I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars on credit cards every single year -- and I have paid exactly zero dollars in interest.

Credit cards like so many things are tools -- used correctly they are handy and helpful, used incorrectly they can easily cause great harm.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 14:23 Mr. Tact

You can find reduced priced Aerons here. $500 is still pricey, but a lot better than $900-1000.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 15, 2019, 16:48 Mr. Tact

Not exactly, "The trucks in use still have a safety driver and an engineer on board who monitor the system..." so even if they never intervened we are still a ways from true automated "self-driving trucks".  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 15, 2019, 16:13 Mr. Tact

I actually do use both pronunciations -- most often I'll say "dey-tuh" but sometimes I'll use "dat-uh" when saying data center. I wouldn't be able to say which I used first for sure. But it would have happened when I was quite young, when my mother was learning computer programming on punch cards...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2019, 16:02 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 15:17:
    The above is guaranteed 100% sarcasm free.
    The best(worst?) part is, if it was sarcasm it would be sorta funny.

8731 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo