Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 8497 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 15:29 Mr. Tact

Was just looking, hard to believe it's been six years since Banks died. I'd love to see some of the big names take a run at writing some Culture novels...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2019, 15:19 Mr. Tact

One of my guilty pleasures is Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate" which seems to get far less credit than I think it deserves. So many people are down on Keanu...  

5. Re: Washington is 1st state to allow composting of human bodies May 22, 2019, 10:58 Mr. Tact

I like the idea. It will be interesting to see what reaction, if any, there is in the general public. If it becomes an option where I live while I am still around I will definitely consider putting it in my will as my preferred method of "disposal"...  

News Comments > New Steam Mobile Chat App
1. Re: New Steam Mobile Chat App May 22, 2019, 08:50 Mr. Tact

Exactly was I was looking/hoping for!

NOT.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 22, 2019, 04:56 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2019, 22:35:
Brilliant comment....
They should be careful what they wish for. This can backfire on businesses very easily. During a dispute you can easily write your own terms where simply reading your letter or email is acceptance of your terms and conditions. I have done similar in the past and it is very effective at making businesses and lawyers disappear.
Spot on.
Interesting, but I'm guessing it is less effective than the poster would have us believe.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 04:49 Mr. Tact

Are the videos "hidden" somehow? They didn't show up when I looked at your channel. Thirty one videos in 11 years and you have 233 subscribers, not bad considering.  

News Comments > Valve on Positive Review Bombing
2. Re: Valve on Positive Review Bombing May 21, 2019, 21:38 Mr. Tact

It wasn't much of a bombing if it only changed the rating by 1.3%....  

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2019, 19:30 Mr. Tact

That's good enough, I loved both the Commonwealth Saga and all the Culture novels. I've read both multiple times. It seems our tastes cross at some level. I tried Snow Crash, but couldn't get past the start. But I should probably try it again as the attempt was a long time ago. Especially since so many people love Stephenson I feel like he deserves another attempt. So, I'll try to find some time to give Mr. Liu's trilogy a try. Is the translator related? Both are "Liu"s -- I'm predicting the translator is the son. Then again, I suspect Liu is a common name.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
21. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 21, 2019, 15:07 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on May 21, 2019, 08:55:
... However, I do not believe Trump has thought it through, ...
And the sky is blue, water is wet, etc...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization May 21, 2019, 15:03 Mr. Tact

BoP, I'd say you have some disgruntle postal workers in your area. Where I live the mail is delivery into my mailbox which is attached to my house next to the front door. I can open the door and get my mail without stepping outside. On those rare occasions they deliver a package, they usually ring my door bell after placing the package at my front door.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 20, 2019, 21:05 Mr. Tact

Finally a reason to buy a Mac!  

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 18:29 Mr. Tact

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 20, 2019, 18:09:
This might be the worst idea Valve has ever had..

Pay to avoid toxic gamers? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ASSHOLES? This should be a default function without paying for premium
You are being far too kind. You are paying to let them know you want to avoid a toxic gamer. Doing so does not accomplish the desired effect.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 10:40 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:33:
Don't like toxic gamers, there's a fee for that.
Even worse it is a fee for a service which doesn't provide the service. It simply notifies the devs of your preference. Great, thanks a ton for that.

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2019, 09:11 Mr. Tact

Rectal Prolapse wrote on May 20, 2019, 03:25:
The sequels are on a whole other level - they are incredible masterworks of science fiction, on par with Alfred Bester. The best SF I've read in years. And I've read a sh*tload of SF.

1st book is weak. 2nd book is great fun. The 3rd book is a masterpiece.
That's a bold statement. Could you give a short sampling of some other books you thought were great? (something outside the big three)

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 16:01 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on May 19, 2019, 15:11:
I have watched episode I on the big screen on release day. It was... beyond terrible. It was like George Lucas kicked my balls for 2 hours. Later I watched it again with my little nephew. He loved it but I still felt hurt. End of story. No more episode I for me - never again. Episode VIII is pretty much the same story - unwatchable.
It mostly died for me in Episode VI. After the Ewoks I knew things had taken a very bad turn. But yeah, Episode I was the "fait accompli" showing the saga had indeed been executed. Since then, if I remember correctly, I saw only two of the following films in the theater. I haven't seen VIII yet.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 15:47 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on May 19, 2019, 14:23:
There was an interview with a NASA scientist who actually thought of a problem waaaay before any of mine hit: We have a moon. If you move the Earth, the moon's orbit becomes unstable, and it will fairly quickly crash into the Earth, thereby obliterating it.
Dude, come on. Clearly the rockets are so powerful they move the Earth away before the Moon can crash into it. Duh! That NASA scientist should be fired!

Calling the concepts in this movie science fiction is an insult to all other science fiction.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Google Tracks What You Buy Online With Gmail. May 18, 2019, 21:52 Mr. Tact

Or not. But Yahoo might -- since my Amazon account is linked to my Yahoo email. I followed the link provided in the article and Google said, "You have no purchases."  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 18, 2019, 21:48 Mr. Tact

The Internet was joyful at some point?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2019, 18:53 Mr. Tact

Creston, what in the world intrigued you enough to cause you to watch the film in the first place? This is the first I've heard anything about it, but just reading the first sentence of that article nearly made me laugh out loud.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2019, 22:38.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 17, 2019, 21:19 Mr. Tact

Well, we have known that for a while now. The problem here is their seeming lack of commitment to make significant changes...  

8497 Comments. 425 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo