Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15541 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 11:48 Kxmode

gsilver wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 01:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 00:38:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 00:11:
gsilver wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 23:59:
Though energy is another factor. I've got some bad fatigue issues, and have to lie down for much of the time not spent working. It really makes the hour-each-way to meetup groups after work seem daunting.
You might want to see a doctor about that, it doesn't sound normal. Do you sleep well? Do you "wake up tired"? Could be anything from you are simply working too hard, or a medical problem of some kind -- lyme disease, sleep apnea, any number of other things... You're not vaping are you? (just kidding..)
Your fatigue issues definitely don't sound normal. Tact mentioned some common culprits and here's a few more. Thyroid, depression and leukemia.

It's time for a thorough checkup and a discussion of your symptoms with a medical professional.

As for loneliness, keep working on that, you would not be the first person to attend church with the express purpose of meeting people.
I wish you the best, on both fronts.

According to my insurance website, Iíve had over $35,000 in medical bills this year.
Iíve tried a host of antidepressants (which at best did nothing and at worst... I try not to think about it), sleeping pills (I always wake up tired, and almost always between 3 and 5)CPAP, Bipap, ASV (after the previous two saw almost exclusively central events, then was told by the doctor to stop after a month of compliance but no improvement), a mandibuar advancement split (since my sleep apnea isnít all central, and this at least doesnít increase central events), Provigil, Nuvigil, Adderall, supplements, talk therapy (which ends up being 70% ďIím tiredĒ, 20% ďI want to moveĒ and 10% everything else, boatloads of tests, an endocrinologist, a nutritionist, an acupuncturist (not covered by insurance, but Iíll try anything at this point), even more esoteric depression treatments like transcranial magnetic stimulation (which may have helped a little), chiropractors, and who knows what else.
Iím still seeing the acupuncturist and therapist, and may soon subject myself to another round of antidepressants, though I worry about what will happen.

I seriously donít know what else to do. Iím on my fifth or sixth sleep doctor, and they donít know what to do.

//No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no caffeine (it makes my sleep even worse and doesnít do enough to keep me awake during the day), diet is highly monitored (since the wrong foods make me feel even worse, if you can believe that), not overweight
Work schedule isnít too bad (Just 9-5, for the most part), but even that frequently takes more energy than I have, and I spend the day with thoughts consumed by how many more minutes until I can justify sneaking out to the car to take a quick nap.

Hi, gsilver. Have you tried Quetiapine? They initially prescribed 50mg, which hit me like a freight truck and made me feel like a zombie in the morning. I requested a lower dosage, and they dropped it to 25mg. The results were better. However, adding a dissoluble 10mg Melatonin tab with the Quetiapine is perfect for my brain chemistry. My doctor said Melatonin is typically safe to mix with Seroquel-based medications; though they advise against 20mg or more. I now get good sleep, and the previous issues I suffered from have subsided for now, at least. One condition I am willing to share here is that I had extremely bad insomnia. Without the medicine, I will lay in bed for six hours and not fall asleep. It would not be uncommon for me to be up for 48-72 hours at a time with full stamina and alertness; sometimes doing programming during those times.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 11:37 Kxmode

Medusa-NYC wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 10:50:
a house is always better with a four legged friend in it

Some people have pets with two legs, and some with none; and they love their pets all the same. Are you implying a happy house can't be had with other types of pets?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
28. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 11:30 Kxmode

Luke wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 11:17:
Wow players are searching for something that never will come again....

We were searching for Classic WOW. We got Classic WOW. We have what we're looking for. Move along.

27. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 11:29 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 10:06:
https://mmo-population.com/

Thatís not impressive at all, considering the number of mmos out there. And where are the new ones? lol

Dying

"Our algorithm works very heavily off of reddit subscriber and activity counts. This page gives you insight into those numbers." source

So now you point to a website with literal made-up numbers to prove a point? Please...

17. Re: Into the Great Beyond Aug 18, 2019, 10:47 Kxmode

Holy moly!  

14. Into the Great Beyond Aug 18, 2019, 09:22 Kxmode

Such a great song!  

24. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 09:10 Kxmode

Like I posted earlier, Classic WOW is not for you. You will never understand WHY people want to play it, and why the demand is high for it. It's not because of rose-colored glasses or the need to relive a childhood pastime. People have asked Blizzard to release vanilla servers since TBC. Every year the outcry and pleas for vanilla servers have grown until a group from France name Nostalrius launched one of the most accurate emulations of the original vanilla experience in 2015. A year after launch, Nost had close to a million register accounts and 150,000 active logins (Accounts were active if they had logged in within the past two weeks). The game grew purely on word-of-mouth, despite being a private server, not officially backed by Blizzard and also based on no Twitch streamer being able to stream it for fear of getting hit with a copyright strike. Before Nost was shut down, the server showed no signs of decline a year and a half after launch. Six months before closure Nost launched a second PVE server; something that was very rare since most private servers tended to be PVP only. Streamers like Sodapoppin and Asmongold with their 20K+ and 40K+ streams respectively have been streaming classic WOW, further promoting that content over BFA. If you look at most WOW streams, either half or more is Classic. The point is the popularity of Classic doesn't jive with the unsubstantiated comments all of you spout. Nostalrius proved there is a REAL demand for Classic from all age groups and skill spectrums (you need to understand that). By announcing and releasing Classic, Blizzard finally agreed and saw there was a large market for that content. All of that effectively eliminates the idea that Classic WOW isn't for today's gamer. It is VERY much for today's gamer.  

11. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 18:18 Kxmode

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 16:52:
Played WoW since release, quit 3 months later because I simply ran out of stuff to do. It was pretty much reroll a new character or play something else.

Then Classic is not for you.

10. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 18:16 Kxmode

MattyB wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:44:
They aren't stupid. They're fully aware that a good chunk of people have rose-tinted, and they'll quit long before 60.

That's a retail-tinted view of Classic. You think because it's old that somehow equates to a few months of interest and then people quitting. You genuinely don't know what Classic is. A good game is a good game no matter it's age and those who want the classic experience over retail will stick with the game for the long term. Blizzard will financially benefit from offering both experiences, and there may even be some crossover where classic players will jump into retail and visa verse.

40. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up Aug 16, 2019, 20:55 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 18:38:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 17:48:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:46:
What CC do you use? Most CCs charge an interest rate of 20 points so that's pretty standard. Sixteen is definitely better. And yes, they always charge more on cash advances, that's nothing new. Why the hell would you ever run a balance on a CC or take a cash advance to begin with? I've always used mine simply for convenience. I actually pay it off bi-weekly just so I'm not paying interest on anything. And I sure as hell would never take a cash advance with one unless were a literal matter of life and death.

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:17:
16.x%-27.x% is incredibly common as an apr. That's why you're always advised to pay your card in full every month.

5.00 - 9.75%. I consider an APR above 10% trash.

My credit score is above 800.

Generally, only credit union cards have that low a rate. And zero perks. Since I always pay off, I'd much rather get significant cash back, or free vacations, and have a higher Apr that I'll never worry about.

"The house always wins." To get those perks most people end up paying more than if they had just saved up the money and bought the thing. But I get what you say.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up
1. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up Aug 16, 2019, 20:53 Kxmode

A memoir? "A biography or autobiography tells the story "of a life", while a memoir often tells a story "from a life"." So what type of story "from a life" is Cliffy B's?  

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning
16. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 19:23 Kxmode

Overon wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 17:49:
How does one acquire the BRUTE?

They randomly spawn on the map with an icon denoting location. There are always two brutes. In Team Rumble, each side will have a BRUTE spawn making it more even-handed. However, both players on one side could, in theory, each get a mech thereby overwhelming the opposition. All that seems to be part of the strategy and tactics of the map's overall gameplay. In other words, whereas a skilled player would use beguile and deceit, another player in a mech could basically overpower with brute force. Both players need to account for the mech's presence on the battlefield, just like players in Quake had to account for the BFG.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 17:48 Kxmode

For all the people who said there's no demand for vanilla: Blizzard Expects Severe WoW Classic Queues Due to Extremely High Demand; New Servers Being Opened.  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 17:48 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:46:
What CC do you use? Most CCs charge an interest rate of 20 points so that's pretty standard. Sixteen is definitely better. And yes, they always charge more on cash advances, that's nothing new. Why the hell would you ever run a balance on a CC or take a cash advance to begin with? I've always used mine simply for convenience. I actually pay it off bi-weekly just so I'm not paying interest on anything. And I sure as hell would never take a cash advance with one unless were a literal matter of life and death.

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:17:
16.x%-27.x% is incredibly common as an apr. That's why you're always advised to pay your card in full every month.

5.00 - 9.75%. I consider an APR above 10% trash.

My credit score is above 800.

11. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 14:34 Kxmode

DrEvil wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:07:
What does it do for a highly skilled player.

Makes victory even more satisfying when they still win despite the random chance element this adds?

The whole kerfuffle around this reminds me of the arguments against having the BFG in Quake 2 Multiplayer. Itís silly.

I think Epic is doing the right thing here.

That's a common sense analogy, but it is slightly flawed in that even when someone picked up the BFG, skill was still required to use it. The BRUTEs, on the other hand, require no skill to use. Just aim and fire. Their splash damage is incredibly high.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 14:24 Kxmode

Checked out the Amazon credit card offer and it looks like a financial nightmare. Several highlights include:

JP Morgan Chase Bank offers the card, not Amazon.

The card offers an APR of 16.49% to 24.49% based on creditworthiness. In other words, the best rate a person with a perfect or near-perfect credit score would hope to get is 16.49%, which is a total joke.

An APR of 27.24% on Cash Advance -- JPMorgan Chase calls this their Prime Rate.

A $5 or 5% charge, whichever is greater, for balance transfers. The balance transfer process is based on JPMorgan Chase's "permission" (e.g., "Balance transfers are contingent upon issuance of your account with us."). But then they appear to counter themselves with the account possibly NOT eligible for balance transfers.

JPMorgan Chase has an APR max for Armed Forces and their dependents of, I kid you not, 36 percent.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
30. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 14:00 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:07:
MSFT went to PC devs because it's what they knew.
Playstation and Nintendo also get third party exclusives, but people here care less, because it's from console devs.

Whether first-party or third-party, those companies help fund the development of a game, so they have a right to request or make the game exclusive to their platform. Most gamers understand that. We're not talking or complaining about first-party exclusives on first-party platforms, or third-party funded platform exclusives. We're talking about Epic - who has NOT funded a third-party game - bribing the publisher to only sell their game on the Epic Games Store. Make sure your common sense is sharp before you spout meaningless BS.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
28. removed Aug 16, 2019, 13:45 Kxmode

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2019, 14:01.

News Comments > Zeus Begins Begins
1. Re: Zeus Begins Begins Aug 16, 2019, 13:33 Kxmode

Not to be confused with Batman Begins.  

6. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 13:32 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:07:
What does it do for a highly skilled player.

Makes them die...

15541 Comments. 778 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo