Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 5179 (Guru)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heavy Rain PC Demo
8. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 18:57 Acleacius

Damn too bad, thanks StingingVelvet and jacobvandy.

It's just insane on how much money they are losing with at least 1/3 of all non-phone games are PC based. It would bring them millions, if not 10s of millions more sales.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 17:13 Acleacius

Creston wrote on May 25, 2019, 16:03:
Is this another one of those 'games' where the actual 'game' parts are fucking DUAL QTE events? Fuck this guy and his 'games'.
Yeah, Fahrenheit QTE sucked/fucked ( ) . I'm more looking forward to games like The Last of Us and Days Gone for PC! Lighter

This comment was edited on May 25, 2019, 17:35.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

3. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 16:00 Acleacius

While I'm not happy about epic exclusive, all in all I'm glad Sony has started to relent to the PC. I know Steam's popularity and massive sales over the last 15 years has been the major factor.

See you next year, GotY. Golfclap

News Comments > 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event
26. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 15:55 Acleacius

Is there a consensus on best Firefox addon for Steam? I've honestly got no clue but looks like the two most popular are Augmented Steam and Steam Database.  

18. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 10:24 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on May 25, 2019, 06:54:
Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 00:05:
Guess they are looking to get rid of the Spring Sale, normally this weekend and moved up the Summer Sale from July to June.

Good morning to 2019, Sir!

The last time the summer sale happened in July was 2013! The spring cleaning event was also held last year around the same date for the first time. Not sure what you mean by "normally"? Steam never had a real "spring sale". This spring cleaning event is relatively new and occurred for the first time in 2018. They have not had any other history or regularity of spring sales.
Lmao, wow I really blew that one. I could have sworn there were 4 seasonal sales a year, derp.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 25, 2019, 00:35 Acleacius

Endless advertisement? It's more like endless stream of cash, no?  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2019, 00:32 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2019, 22:33:
Fuck man, piloting, still the best job in the world.
If your talking commercial, higher rates of cancer, due no protection from the sun in a flying tin can, iirc. Air filtration is the worst, anyone sick and your extremely likely for the whole plane to become infected.

8. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 00:05 Acleacius

Guess they are looking to get rid of the Spring Sale, normally this weekend and moved up the Summer Sale from July to June.

StingingVelvet wrote on May 24, 2019, 21:03:
Free for two days looks kind of weak when a certain other store is giving away big games permanently, but nice to have a Grim Dawn demo to try out I guess. Not a super fan of Diablo stuff but I do like the look of it.
Same here, Grim Dawn looks great but I can't stand the horrible loot systems in ARPGs.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2019, 13:38 Acleacius

First the farmers, then tech, now gaming and I'm sure China will just cave in to 'drumpf almighty'. Yeah, that's how it will go down. Flush

Where's a drumpfian who actually stayed awake, much less took economics and civics to splain stuff. Wtf

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II
38. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 24, 2019, 02:21 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 15:26:
Acleacius wrote on May 23, 2019, 14:53:
Beamer wrote on May 23, 2019, 10:29:
And what makes you think Sweeney isn't building a store based on quality and merit? It's just that building that takes time and money - looking at Steam, hundreds of millions over 15 years. Uncertain how you expect Sweeney to get to that out the gate...
At least we agree he isn't qualified in anyway for the long term like Valve. Since he is bribing to force his way into a business, he isn't qualified to do, it really makes him unworthy.
No, he's not in agreement with you.
Either you deliberately twisted around what Beamer meant or you misunderstood the vernacular. He never once brought up qualifications in the snippet of a snippet you twisted around.
A better way to put it might be sweeney is Paying to Win. Or if he had a son named imweeney, who played Fortnite. imweeney offered the top 100 players $5000 each for a 'exclusive 1 year deal' where they would lose matches to him, so he could be the top ranked player. Bow Giggle

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Still Not Dead
1. Re: Dead Island 2 Still Not Dead May 23, 2019, 20:00 Acleacius

I don't think the new developer should try to compete against Dying Light but just make a good solid Coop game to stand on it's own.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 18:05 Acleacius

Love the trailer, no guilt here! Lighter

I actually liked Genesis, not saying it was great but good enough. Think it would have done much better had the major movie plot twist not been exposed in the first trailer. Dumbass PR lackeys.

This comment was edited on May 23, 2019, 18:16.

34. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 23, 2019, 18:01 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 15:26:
Acleacius wrote on May 23, 2019, 14:53:
And what makes you think Sweeney isn't building a store based on quality and merit? It's just that building that takes time and money - looking at Steam, hundreds of millions over 15 years. Uncertain how you expect Sweeney to get to that out the gate...
At least we agree he isn't qualified in anyway for the long term like Valve. Since he is bribing to force his way into a business, he isn't qualified to do, it really makes him unworthy.
No, he's not in agreement with you.
Either you deliberately twisted around what Beamer meant or you misunderstood the vernacular. He never once brought up qualifications in the snippet of a snippet you twisted around.
It was a little naughty of me wasn't it.
However it was 'kidding on the square', in the sense that sweeney 'does' have to bribe to have a chance at competing. Protest

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2019, 17:40 Acleacius

Quinn wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:40:
Acleacius wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:08:
Task wrote on May 23, 2019, 13:17:
Observation is awesome. Best interactive sci-fi thriller I've ever experienced.
Hah, was just about to add it to my list on your recommendation but it's console only. Blue is always trying to trick us PC gamers! Paperbag Giggle

It's for PC. I'm installing it as we speak. Maybe it's an EGS exclusive though?
Oh seriously? I googled and it says PS4 - PlayStation. I see what you mean, looked a little more and seems it is a egs exclusive. I'll pass on egs but thanks for the update!

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2019, 16:08 Acleacius

Task wrote on May 23, 2019, 13:17:
Observation is awesome. Best interactive sci-fi thriller I've ever experienced.
Hah, was just about to add it to my list on your recommendation but it's console only. Blue is always trying to trick us PC gamers! Paperbag Giggle

This comment was edited on May 23, 2019, 16:35.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2019, 15:04 Acleacius

I'm hoping something good will come from Netflix losing these shows back to disney. Hoping it forces them to reevaluate their policy about only doing 3 seasons of popular shows.
There are several shows on Netflix I hope get a chance to go beyond their standard 3 seasons.

32. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 23, 2019, 14:53 Acleacius

Acleacius wrote on May 23, 2019, 08:57:
I've been a big supporter of Human Head. They've had a lot of tough breaks including the idiotic bethesda Prey 2 decision. I wish them well but no way I'm, joining this epic farce,
even for them.

Hell, I was a huge supporter of epic for 20+ years but sweeney's blown all that good will. As far as I can tell he is just a coward, to afraid to build a store based on quality and merit.

How do you know the Prey 2 decision was a bad one? We have so little evidence of what Human Head was doing.

Your entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. Most of us find games like Heretic, Hexen, Rune and Prey to be innovative, fun and high quality. Additionally bethesda seemed to be on a power bullying rage back then. Trying to buy developers like Obsidian, Human Head and id. Then blackballing them if they didn't sell. Can you think of a title by Human Head which was bad due to their workmanship?
Prey 2 - E3 2011 Cinematic Trailer (1080p)
Human Head's cancelled Prey 2 game had a disturbing plot twist
New Prototype Footage of Canceled Prey 2 has Leaked

Because egs is clearly a 'rushed out and fix later' piece of software. I don't need to read any of the links in your last post because I was one of the last people here to join Steam in 2011. I didn't trust them at first, wanting to make sure Steam was bug tested out and safe. Even if I was being a hypocrite (which I'm not) there would still be damn good reason to hold epic in high disregard. They seem to be literally bribing publishers and developers. There's a huge difference between isolating your own software (HL2) and bribing others. Not to mention when Valve did this they were pioneers and visionaries who have guided the industry for nearly two decades. Did they make mistakes...yes. Are they perfect...no.

Uncertain how you expect Sweeney to get to that out the gate...

23. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 23, 2019, 08:57 Acleacius

I've been a big supporter of Human Head. They've had a lot of tough breaks including the idiotic bethesda Prey 2 decision. I wish them well but no way I'm, joining this epic farce,
even for them.

Hell, I was a huge supporter of epic for 20+ years but sweeney's blown all that good will. As far as I can tell he is just a coward, to afraid to build a store based on quality and merit.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Reels In Piranha Bytes
9. Re: THQ Nordic Reels In Piranha Bytes May 22, 2019, 15:19 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on May 22, 2019, 10:11:
...By the way: The Vienna branch of THQ Nordic that acquired PB is effectively the ghost of JoWooD with many former JoWooD employees still working there. The circle is now complete.
Damn I hate hearing that news. jowood was a horrible publisher and responsible for PB's difficulties starting with the Gothic 3.

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
4. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 13:44 Acleacius

Skipped 3 and 4 due to denuvo.

Iv'e always been annoyed there wasn't a female protagonist choice in this game, anyway. No idea why we are forced to look at guy butt, guess it's the developers preference. Ucrazy

No matter, Rage 2 is on my radar now with denuvo gone and female protagonist choice.

5179 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo