Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2867 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 08:46 Pigeon

Simon Says wrote on May 20, 2019, 05:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2019, 23:29:
I... actually kinda liked the ending.

Yeah, it was pretty good overall

Edit: But the way they got there... well, that's another matter entirely.

Given the way things went this season it was wrapped up about as good as it could have been. My expectations were also significantly lowered so that helped. But damn...[SPOILERS] why did it have to be Bran the Boring. The best thing about the end of the show is I won't have to hear him say, 'you were exactly where you needed to be' anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Patches May 19, 2019, 20:01 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2019, 17:42:
TheBigVlad wrote on May 19, 2019, 16:32:
Pigeon wrote on May 19, 2019, 15:08:
Unfortunate the writing quality took such a nose dive in the last season. Setting aside the obvious, it looks like shit and smells like shit, the biggest indication are the number of people trying to fill in the blanks by offering their own take on character actions. Hopefully the last weeks episode was the worst, but I fear in their increasing haste to wrap everything up the worst has yet to come.

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season, and one of the best in quite a while. I was utterly confused at all the negativity I was seeing. There were a few issues but I thought the characters actions made sense for the most part.

I do hope the spin-offs they are working on leave out most of the magic/dragon stuff and focus on the characters. That was always the best part of early GoT - the politics, intrigue, and backstabbing involving interesting characters.
I did not think last weeks episode was the worst thing ever. With nothing to go on except script writers making the story up as they go, these last 2 season have been ho hum. I'll watch this last episode just because.

I'm more excited about Catch 22 and the final 3 episodes of Chernobyl, and I already know the outcome of both of those.

On the chance there are those who for some reason haven't watched it SPOILERS:

7 Seasons of Danny the merciful essentially destroyed by two episodes of Mad Queen Danny because the plot demands it. 7 seasons of Varys subtlety picking his way through the dangerous political world of Westeros to him all but announcing in front of Danny while pointing at her "We need to kill this bitch". Tyrion has been a cynical, and mostly right,now hopeful and wrong about everything. 7 Seasons of Jon running around clueless and... okay somethings haven't changed. I'm honestly not upset about what happened as to how suddenly it got there.

Not to say there weren't some good moments. Tyrion and Jamie's goodbye was great, same goes with Arya and the Hound.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 15:08 Pigeon

Unfortunate the writing quality took such a nose dive in the last season. Setting aside the obvious, it looks like shit and smells like shit, the biggest indication are the number of people trying to fill in the blanks by offering their own take on character actions. Hopefully the last weeks episode was the worst, but I fear in their increasing haste to wrap everything up the worst has yet to come.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2019, 13:40 Pigeon

Kain wrote on May 13, 2019, 11:42:
subx wrote on May 13, 2019, 10:53:
The Thrones writers have really changed gear in this latest episode, from being lazy to actually insulting.

What with this and Endgame, it’s turned into a really crappy year for epic story conclusions. I fully expect Deadwood to be a buddy cop comedy subtitled “Cock Sucker and the Lawman.”

There was definitely no way to satisfy everyone but they seem to have settled on satisfying no one instead. Years of character development tossed aside to swing plotlines, characters going against established personality and so on. It's really disappointing but I guess no surprise, they ran out of book material to crib from and are doing their best to fill in the blanks. Shame that they didn't seem to learn anything from the source material but to be fair its a huge challenge taking on anothers work.

I guess Martin is as much to blame for dithering about football and pizza on his blog, attending countless cons and generally having a very poor work ethic. People long ago predicted this was going to happen and its a shame to see that bear out.

Pretty much, all the development undone by one or two scenes this season and I feel like this happened with most of the characters. It's not a matter of just not liking what happens, it's about how they got there. I never figured the ending would be a happy one, bitter sweet at the least and down right tragic the more likely, but I expected things to play out in a manner that was consistent. Right now I feel charcacters are just doing things because the plot demands it.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2019, 18:23 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on May 12, 2019, 17:37:
Pigeon wrote on May 12, 2019, 14:46:
<- Struggles to get over 25mph on his bike. Granted she's being pulled by a dragster most of the way, but still impressive. I'd hate to see what crashing on your bike at 184mph would look like.
It would look like this only 913% more severe.

So just a red line in the desert sand?

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2019, 14:46 Pigeon

<- Struggles to get over 25mph on his bike. Granted she's being pulled by a dragster most of the way, but still impressive. I'd hate to see what crashing on your bike at 184mph would look like.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2019, 00:53 Pigeon

WTF is with all those fighters taunting by letting their opponents pound on their face? It's like they're excited to get CTE.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2019, 13:23 Pigeon

Doorbell snake misidentified the man as a home security salesman.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 7, 2019, 13:36 Pigeon

So when is the Netflix going to make a Gearbox docudrama? Popcorn

This comment was edited on May 7, 2019, 15:20.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 5, 2019, 14:17 Pigeon

Yeah, put that in your ear. Seems like a great idea.  

19. Re: Bike lanes need physical protection from car traffic, study shows. May 4, 2019, 17:10 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on May 4, 2019, 16:17:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 4, 2019, 13:58:
Or, you know, you could stop trying to force fucking pointless bike lanes on to roads that were already barely wide enough to allow two vehicles on in the first place.
Or, you could create bike lanes that were entirely and physically separate from the roadway.
But, no, clearly it's all the fault of motorists and not boneheaded "planners".
My main mode of transportation is by bicycle. Just one of the many benefits of living in a small town.
My issue with "roadies" is they have just as much right to be on the road as everyone else BUT THEY THINK that they can cycle down the road holding up traffic.
I make a concerted effort to ride on side roads, residential, sidewalks and down alleyways when possible. Anytime you mix different speed vehicles on the same piece of pavement you're asking for trouble. fuck the road, it's not safe

I stay off roads as much as I can. Maybe it's just because I live in a major city, but there are way too many bad drivers. I feel if I rode on non-neighborhood streets it would only be a matter of time before someone hit me. I've already had a few near incidents. One such incident I was using an active crosswalk and someone decided as I was right in-front of them to creep forward. I swerved quickly enough to avoid getting hit, and since they had the top down on their convertible he heard me yell at him. He was of course looking down at his phone.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2019, 21:30 Pigeon

Simon Says wrote on May 3, 2019, 12:31:
Pigeon wrote on May 3, 2019, 11:56:
James Cameron was thinking, 'I want to make a butt load of money with a mediocre script... what gimmick can I use?'

Nonsense, Avatar is a great sci-fi movie. As great as Star Trek TNG and Babylon 5 are to sci-fi TV series.

Would it had sold as well without 3d? Maybe yes, maybe not, we'll never know, but it certainly wouldn't had flopped.

The story and dialogue were 80s kid flick quality. There were some neat sci-fi concepts (unobtainium not being one of them) that were explored but never went further than the shallow end. The visuals were of course gorgeous. I disagree with it being equal to TNG and Bab 5, the characters were generally more complex, and none of the villains ever came off like some variation of Snidely Whiplash. Even the Borg being nigh unstoppable cyborgs of destruction were understood to just be acting according to their nature. Avatar just didn't do it for me despite having a lot of things in place that hit my geek centers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2019, 12:32 Pigeon

I'm on windows 10 (home), but I get it. Win 7 is stable and by default users has more control over their system. There are aren't a bunch of half baked features nobody asked for shoe-horned in, or less functional apps than the previous versions (I'm looking at you Photos).  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2019, 11:56 Pigeon

James Cameron was thinking, 'I want to make a butt load of money with a mediocre script... what gimmick can I use?'

I'm looking to see End Game in an hour, the 3D showing has two seats reserved. I guess if you want a theater all to your self a 3D afternoon showing is the way to go. I'll be heading for the Dolby Cinema sans-3D. More chance of mouth breathers but a better watching experience.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 29, 2019, 20:35 Pigeon

I'm curious if suddenly having $2.5 billion would turn anyone into a massive bastard. And in the name of science I'm willing to be the test subject for such a study. After all Pigeons are top notch guinea pigs, second only to actual guinea pigs. I know the rest of you want to contribute to the broadening of scientific knowledge so good news! We're going to need plenty of controls.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2019, 14:41 Pigeon

That video demonstrates two things. Instagram is designed so intuitively that even a chimp can use it and Instagram is the kind of product that appeals to chimps.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2019, 15:24 Pigeon

Congratulations Blue! Sounds like a nice steak dinner is warranted for the occasion.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Apr 27, 2019, 15:21 Pigeon

Which position? Missionary or Doggy-style?  

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
26. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 21, 2019, 16:43 Pigeon

Is there an award for biggest developer troll of the year? Cause this is a serious contender if there is.  

News Comments > Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store
6. Re: Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store Apr 18, 2019, 19:37 Pigeon

This was a decent game. Great sound track and an onion cutting ending. I think when it came out it suffered from not being Bastion.  

2867 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo