Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2892 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2019, 13:44 Pigeon

I'm sure some entitled helicopter mom(s) will freak-out because she doesn't have access to her kid every second of the day.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2019, 18:36 Pigeon

Tom's been doing great, but Wilson looks a little washed up... Beam  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2019, 13:26 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 12:12:
the comic book story is fantastic
what a crime ridden part of the world he lives in

More importantly why were Dodge Caravans so desirable one summer? Was there a street gang named The Soccer Moms and the initiation was to steal a Dodge Caravan?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 12, 2019, 13:44 Pigeon

Netflix Exec: What we need is to pay a lot of money for a show that spends years building up the plot and developing characters and then throws it all out in the final season.

*Weiss And Benioff suddenly appear with a puff of smoke*

Benioff: A lot of money you say?
Weiss: Which unfinished series do we get to ruin?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2019, 13:24 Pigeon

One can only hope whoever made the report gets caught. It'd be nice to think there was some heuristic to help classify these kinds of reports as possible hoaxes. I realize they have to respond, but maybe if they knew there was a possibility it was just some kid playing video games they'd not be so trigger happy.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2019, 18:10 Pigeon

Not to douse everyone's conspiracy theories, but if he had anything long enough to wrap around his neck (blanket, pants) and secure to a ligature point, 5-10 minutes is all he'd need. He was on suicide watch, but clearly not being watched 60/24/7. His death is no doubt convenient for some, but none more so than Epstein himself. What'd he have to look forward to, being a pedophile in prison?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2019, 17:22 Pigeon

This is the second arrest in connection with a threat against Square Enix this year. In April, a sent a message to the company saying “I’m coming to kill you tomorrow” after spending around $1,800 USD trying to get a specific item drop.

Damn, anti-loot box terrorism going down in Japan. My preferred method of anti-loot box terrorism is to not spend $1,800, or any amount, on loot boxes. I think it's more effective and avoids all that unpleasantness with the authorities. Plus I don't feel like a massive chump afterwards.

2. Re: Octopus Kisses and vegan butchers Aug 9, 2019, 11:56 Pigeon

When you mess with another animal for your own amusement you pretty much deserve this kind of thing. Too bad it wasn't more venomous, we already have enough of the 'I think the world exists to cater to my whims' types.

Speaking of which while I don't disagree with most of the sentiments behind those ex-vegetarian ethical butchers, I can't help but feel that if it wasn't god-mode hipster they wouldn't be doing it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 7, 2019, 21:26 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 19:45:
Give them rural America free broadband internet if you want, Elizabeth. They'll still vote Republican.

They can stream Tucker Carlson in 4k. They won't even be bothered by the fact that the higher definition picture makes it clear that he's actually a Mr. Potato-Head with the douche-bag face permanently affixed. They'll just nod along as he explains how racism is a conspiracy used to distract people from the true crime of free internet.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 7, 2019, 21:11 Pigeon

Leave it to Japan to find a way to get hentai on McDonald's cups. Allthumbsup  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2019, 22:46 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 20:44:
El Paso is in my back yard. baby was probably mad that he could not buy a gun fast enough.
Oh well, I sent my t&p* and will send more at the next mass shooting.

*thoughts and prayers, not to be confused w/toilet paper

Toilet paper would be more useful.

News Comments > Valve on TF2 Hat Market Crash
4. Re: Valve on TF2 Hat Market Crash Aug 3, 2019, 22:12 Pigeon

I will always remember where I was during the great TF2 Hat Market Crash of 2019... watching TV and not giving a crap. For a second I thought everyone came to their senses and realized they were actually paying money for this crap, but that was way too optimistic.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2019, 22:44.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2019, 11:56 Pigeon

Got a call from Somalia last week. Thought it could be a call to adventure on the high-seas, but out of an abundance of caution I did a little Googling. Surprisingly it was a scam to get people to call back; connecting them to a high fee per-minute line.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2019, 15:52 Pigeon

What's wrong with swimming pools? Just because everyone wades into them with their unwashed assess and uses them as a communal urinal is no reason turn your nose up. They're kept clean with buckets of chlorine; the stinging in your eyes and bleaching of your hair lets you know it's working.  

16. Re: Hahahaha Yeah right Jul 28, 2019, 10:32 Pigeon

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Jul 28, 2019, 06:25:
A whole decade eh? No one told AMC that the show died around season 4. I would like to see J.D. Robb's In Death series get made into a T.V. show. Hey AMC how about that instead for the next decade? So many amazing books and stories in the world. Why waste time on The Walking Dead?

I watched through season 7. At some point I realized I was enduring watching episodes rather than enjoying. There's little reason, beyond money, that a show like walking dead should go beyond 4-5 seasons. I can only think of a handful of good long running shows, and all of those had episodic stories.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 24, 2019, 13:27 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 12:19:
VoodooV wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 11:26:
ironically, as much as I'm happy we're closer to all devices, Apple or not, finally all have the same connector, but when it comes to USB-C, I find myself preferring lightning simply because it plugs into the socket way more solidly than USB-C. From day 1 of my USB-C phone, there is just absolutely nil friction holding the USB-C plug in and it comes loose with the lightest of nudges.

Meanwhile, lightning is a much more solid connection. USB connectors just seem to have a much longer history of coming loose, or breaking much more easily even before USB-C and i'm getting fed up with it.

Yeah I'm with you. Lightning is annoying in the insane premiums on accessories from Apple but I just get around that buying third party. The connector itself is fantastic. Although frankly I just use a wireless charger now anyway, the only time I ever plug the phone in is for CarPlay.

Seems to be plenty of friction on my USB C devices. Maybe it's just a matter of implementation or we have differing opinions on what amounts to a solid connection.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2019, 14:57 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 14:34:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 14:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 13:55:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 13:47:
No central HVAC?
Not buying that house!
The newer efficient mini-split systems are the bomb. Heatpumps may need supplementing in real cold weather.

Oh, yeah, gotta agree there. I have two Mr. Slims. One in my office and one in the mini-DC.

But on a house that is four sides brick in Texas summer? Central HVAC that is overrated for the square footage. Even as extremely well insulated as it is, that brick retains and radiates heat for hours after the sun goes down. Keeping the interior walls cool and dry is a must to prevent mold and wall sweating. I love my Mr. Slims but they can't evap for shit compared to the central system.
What you got against 85%+ humidity.
We freak the frick out when it reaches 35% in the desert.

I hear no central A/C and I wonder how people survive in that, but then I have to remember that not everyone lives in a place where it's in the 80s at midnight and having gills would help you breath the air.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2019, 16:16 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 15:33:
'Worry is contagious': the vaccine-hesitant parents putting children at risk.

DreyerSon got his HPV and Tetanus vaccines this week.
My wife: "Does he really need HPV? I heard people can die from it."
Me: "CDC website does not show death as a side-effect. On the other hand, there are 10,000 new cases of HPV-induced cervical cancer per year, of which 4000 people die."
Her: "Oh, okay."

Im glad the HPV vaccine is being recommended for boys as well. It's had a lot of opposition from not just the antivaxer nitwits, but also the 'sex is evil' crowd.

News Comments > Diablo 4 Speculation
10. Re: Diablo 4 Speculation Jun 24, 2019, 20:51 Pigeon

Now with crypto coin loot box auction house.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 24, 2019, 14:33 Pigeon

Just goes to show you can get 20k people online to sign a petition for just about any moronic thing. Hell the 'remake season 8' petition for Game of Thrones is over a million. By that standard 20k is pretty pathetic.  

2892 Comments. 145 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo