Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9910 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced
5. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 21, 2019, 13:59 PHJF

They atmosphere in that game is just so god damn good, much better than Witcher 3, because it actually feels real,

Yeah it feels real, real fucking boring.

I made it 30 minutes into this game before dropping it as the horribly tedious game that it is.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2019, 12:07 PHJF

Ionizing radiation damages electronic equipment. Components can be "hardened" to shield them from the effects, but I doubt such old soviet-era equipment was built for such a hostile environment.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2019, 08:32 PHJF

Especially people that think nuclear is the solution to our baseload power issue as we phase out coal and natural gas plants.

Because it is, dude. Zero carbon emissions. 50% of the reason we aren't surrounded by nuclear power plants is public fear, and 50% is because the construction costs never came down.

News Comments > Titan Quest Atlantis Expansion Released
8. Re: Titan Quest Atlantis Expansion Released May 10, 2019, 18:29 PHJF

Darks wrote on May 10, 2019, 08:33:
Creston, Never played the Anniversary Edition : Check

How about you try playing the new edition and not jump to conclusion first? Its actuality had a lot of good upgrades thats made the game alot better.

It didn't need many/any upgrades. The only thing that really needed fixed was updated multiplayer since the original was based on gamespy.

Also, these addons are halfassed garbage that might pass as first-time mod efforts from small teams but are in no way shape or form sufficient enough products to warrant a price tag.

And the latest Grim Dawn addon is no better; it's awful. Ashes of Malmouth was pretty great, however.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2019, 12:25 PHJF

I knew it, I'm surrounded by Walters.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2019, 11:18 PHJF

The only buzzing the show will generate will be from critics come awards season. It's a one-off, British-made docudrama about a decades-old nuclear disaster in the USSR.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2019, 10:10 PHJF

Man why the fuck can't I just marathon Chernobyl???

Fuck you, HBO!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: This PC wouldn’t boot... you’ll never guess why Apr 29, 2019, 12:02 PHJF

My SSDs are currently at 22*C and 27*C... because I don't have them tucked against the chassis with zero air flow.

Also, what a dumb fucking headline, as the video starts with the guy sitting IN WINDOWS. I THINK THAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SYSTEM BOOTS, NO?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2019, 11:51 PHJF

FB is already developing an algorithm for closing accounts of deceased people.

Obviously they don't want their network storage being used as a graveyard; their's no profit in it.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2019, 07:28 PHJF

The engine was the biggest issue. For the longest time, any game that was played to its end (with alien infestation spreading everywhere) brought frame rates to a standstill.

Their custom engine just wasn't good enough.

News Comments > Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives
74. Re: Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives Apr 27, 2019, 08:50 PHJF

And it isn't about Steamworks or DRM. Plenty of games not using any Steam-exclusive features are distributed solely through Steam.

Because developers choose Steam to distribute their game. You seem to miss the part where Epic essentially bribes developers into not selling their games on Steam, because what the hell else could you call handing them a big fat sack of cash explicitly for that end? They aren't "funding development" because Phoenix Point is mostly done. And they pulled the same shit with Metro, a game that was legitimately finished and shipped before they bribed them to pull it from Steam.

There's been a lot of competitors to Steam and none have made a lot of ground for a myriad of reasons, but one of those reasons isn't that Valve paid off developers to keep their games off competing platforms.

Because that's a shit thing to do. Obviously.

News Comments > Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives
55. Re: Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives Apr 26, 2019, 09:53 PHJF

I never had a choice other than Steam. Now I do, for some games. For other games, I still don't. For yet more games, I can't choose Steam, because there's EGS. Hell, there hasn't even been a single EGS game I'd want to play, and by the time there is, this whole thing will likely be over, but functionally, I've been forced to use Steam many, many, many times.

You think this is going to be over by the time Phoenix Point releases this year?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2019, 09:47 PHJF

Oh man, I can get a free pretzel on Thursday, April 26th?!?

2029 can not come soon enough!

2. Re: Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives Apr 25, 2019, 10:15 PHJF

Sorry but you've already poisoned the water hole. PCs are all about being open; if you want exclusivity, take your shit back to Xbox along with that awful Gears of War game.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2019, 17:12 PHJF

If there’s one thing I learned making planes in kerbal space program it’s this:
Do NOT fuck with offcentered thrust vectors. Telling my kerbal pilots to fight a constantly pitching vehicle is not a recipe for success.

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice a Million Times
8. Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice a Million Times Apr 12, 2019, 20:38 PHJF

Is the PC game ever going to get patches? Out for a while and it's still v1.02?

I didn't notice any bugs in my play through, and didn't have any crashes.

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice a Million Times
3. Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice a Million Times Apr 11, 2019, 15:08 PHJF

Fantastic game, well deserved success. It's funny how many comparisons its drawn to the Souls games but it plays very differently from them.

In what way(s)? The only appreciable difference in my experience is there are far fewer bosses who catch players off guard and steamroll them, and the death penalty is negligible this time around.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 12:21 PHJF

Hey Blue, ever since you did those backend changes a few weeks ago my new post identifier * hasn't worked. Clearing cookies and signing back in didn't fix it.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2019, 11:31 PHJF

Impulses make us animals. Restraint makes us human.

Just rewatched them all two weeks ago...

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
77. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 4, 2019, 07:21 PHJF

2) Epic is not reducing options, nor choice. The truth is, you've only ever had one option and no choices. Steam has been your only choice for nearly every game. Seriously, look through your library and see how many are available without Steam. You'll probably find less than 20% available elsewhere (at least when they launched.)

Just because a game is exclusively on Steam doesn't mean I have to buy the game on Steam (because it is often cheaper not to). Granted I have zero experience with Epic but I doubt GMG sells "Epic keys".

9910 Comments. 496 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo