Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8433 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta
15. Re: GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta May 24, 2019, 01:38 Sepharo

Primalchrome wrote on May 23, 2019, 17:30:
ldonyo wrote on May 23, 2019, 13:05:
Someone missed their yoga class this morning...
He's just trolling. Anyone who had read the article or has dealt with any of the other client tie-ins knows you have to go through a linking process.

And because the controversy regarding EGS reading Steam files was that they didn't ask originally. Nobody has a problem with an opt-in detection or an account linking system.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta
9. Re: GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta May 23, 2019, 07:12 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on May 22, 2019, 21:47:
skin color omitted because it's obvious

wtf?

News Comments > Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans
5. Re: Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans May 22, 2019, 22:26 Sepharo

I thought that you were saying that was a sequence: Grab, Clone, Destroy

The CS, TF, DOD, L4D, Portal people seemed to do okay under Valve after they were acquired.

News Comments > Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans
2. Re: Standalone Dota Auto Chess Plans May 22, 2019, 12:36 Sepharo

Destroy?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
31. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2019, 00:22 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on May 22, 2019, 00:09:
Razumen wrote on May 21, 2019, 23:39:
RedEye9 wrote on May 15, 2019, 14:52:
Flo wrote on May 15, 2019, 14:28:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 15, 2019, 12:49:
Ugggg EPIC sucks because it doesn't offer all the features I don't use on steam anyways.
Like cloud saves?
Cloud saves do nada for me because I only have one gaming box. Saves from most games are easily copied should that be a deal breaker.
EGS is adding features and will continue to add features.
Competition is a good for everyone.

You don't need two machine to benefit from cloud saves, they're great for backups, especially if something happens to your files. There is even cases now with a game on EGS having it's save files become randomly corrupt, and users are Eff'd unless they randomly back up their files.
No game on the Steam platform has ever had a corrupted save because the cloud makes corruption verboten.
Let the hate flow through you.

That was a weird example since they'd probably be corrupt in the cloud as well.
But in a one-box setup, which I'm sure is the case for the majority of us, if you reformat your hard drive or get a new one you have to remember to back up save files or go retrieve them later if the drive is still around. Don't need to worry about that with the cloud saves. I never remember to back up my save files, and they're really not that important to occupy that space in my mind... But I'm always happy on a new machine or drive when I play a game and find that the saves were in the cloud all along.

News Comments > Observation Spotted
4. Re: Observation Spotted May 21, 2019, 22:07 Sepharo

Going to have to wrest myself away from staring at my Satisfactory do its thing to play this...
Wondering if maybe I should finish Stories Untold first since I just did the first chapter a few days ago.

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
63. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 18, 2019, 01:53 Sepharo

Verno wrote on May 17, 2019, 15:39:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 17, 2019, 14:22:
Valve pushing Steamworks DRM for many years now is a MUCH more monopolistic move than Epic's harmless TIMED exclusives.
Valve basically snagged nearly the entire PC retail business via Steamworks DRM.
With very few exceptions you haven't been able to buy a game at a brick & mortar store (or AMZ) for the last decade that does not have a Steam installer or just a Steam code inside the box. Steam got its tentacles everywhere.

Let's clear up a few things here, retail PC was already dying when Steam came along and basically saved the platform from total stagnation. PC brick and mortar has been dead except for major titles for a very long time. Every digital platform save for GOG has an ownership check which is essentially what the Steamworks executable wrapper is. To even call it DRM is almost laughable when I can beat it using a text file and about 10 seconds of time. You can't upload a game to Origin or uPlay without using their build wrappers either for that matter, its an industry standard at this point. I would also note the EGS client forces online connectivity which is a much more invasive system and lacks several more user-friendly concessions to people who care about such things.

And no one fucking thinks Steam gets a free ride forever because it built out a significant portion of the industry. Steam is just a store, I don't give a fuck if it lives or dies so long as whatever replaces it is better. What they do want is Epic to earn their shit instead of this walled garden bullshit from consoleland. Their bungled sale is a clumsy but welcome first step in that regard. They also refused to do "big sales" in the past but backtracked on that so at least someone there has some sense. Or perhaps their platform uptake isn't what they thought it would be. Either way they need to do more shit like that and less shit like DOOM ETERNAL EXCLUSIVE FOR 3 MONTHS WE BE DUNKIN ON GABE.

Glad to have you back Verno.

Picked up Stories Untold, Satisfactory, Detroit: Become Human, and Observation.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2019, 20:00 Sepharo

Blue wrote on May 13, 2019, 19:51:
Sepharo wrote on May 13, 2019, 19:31:
bigspender wrote on May 13, 2019, 17:48:
School Bus Driver Saves A Kid With Her Lightning-Quick Reflexes

Who's idea is it to park the bus on a road and have the kids walk into a lane?

Surely they can park in the right most lane so the kids get out onto he sidewalk?

It's the shoulder, and passing a school bus loading/unloading is illegal on any side, especially in a non-lane... but yeah, that driver should have probably pulled over to the curb even if it is the shoulder.

Yeah, but if she pulled onto the shoulder, drivers would be even more emboldened to pass on the left in the lane. As we see in the clip, the kid she unloaded needed to cross in front of the bus and into that lane to cross the street.

Passing anyone on the shoulder is illegal. This is not the bus driver's fault. People just need to calm the fuck down around stopped school buses.

100% agreed.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2019, 19:31 Sepharo

bigspender wrote on May 13, 2019, 17:48:
School Bus Driver Saves A Kid With Her Lightning-Quick Reflexes

Who's idea is it to park the bus on a road and have the kids walk into a lane?

Surely they can park in the right most lane so the kids get out onto he sidewalk?

It's the shoulder, and passing a school bus loading/unloading is illegal on any side, especially in a non-lane... but yeah, that driver should have probably pulled over to the curb even if it is the shoulder.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Future posting May 11, 2019, 13:57 Sepharo

Oh my. This doen't seem to be the same as what batman did, but arguably worse lol

Edit: I guess it was, just nobody noticed Batman's "No Subject" post back in 2011

This comment was edited on May 11, 2019, 15:33.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Future posting May 11, 2019, 13:56 Sepharo

Future posting in the 200030 thread  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: when will we get here? May 11, 2019, 13:54 Sepharo

Frans wrote on May 11, 2019, 13:45:
RedEye9 wrote on May 10, 2019, 17:43:
jdreyer wrote on May 10, 2019, 13:49:
Retired wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 21:20:
200,000 Comment threads.
When will it arrive?
wat the wat
How does retired's post date become Aug 12, 2011, 21:20
This was a crazy one. The post by Retired has been in the database for a really long time, since the actual 12 Aug 2011 timestamp in fact. It has post-id 690507 which corresponds with other posts made around that timestamp, and around the thread-id 1244xx time frame.

But post 690507 itself had thread-id 200000 all this time (verified in a database backup of Mar 2 and I didn't bother with older backups of last year). So the post didn't show up with the thread it was meant to be posted to, but laid dormant in the database until actual topic 200000 was created. Then it resurfaced. It's alive! Alive!

I have no idea which topic the post should have been assigned to, and why/how it ended up with thread-id 200000 instead. But I guess I'm now gonna leave with this topic.

And no, there aren't any other posts with wacky out-of-order thread ids.

I love this, lol

Also, batman must have haxed the forum post code to do that. Considering he knew it would be on the 200000 thread

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews May 9, 2019, 22:29 Sepharo

MeanJim wrote on May 9, 2019, 22:23:
If you think about a Nintendo collection of games versus a Microsoft collection of games, you already have a picture that they're different and their audiences are going to be a bit different. My hope for PC is that we can build up that kind of ecosystem."

What an idiot.

Hopefully one day the PC can be a place that has its own kind of games and audience lol

edit: man it actually makes less sense in the full context

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2019, 19:59 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on May 8, 2019, 19:11:
I'd never heard of the EA Spouse club https://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html

It was a huge deal back in the day.
Apparently it was a pretty good thing for EA to go through because in terms of crunch / work-life balance they're now usually considered one of the better large developers out there.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2019, 18:47 Sepharo

Slow and steady can work with games as a service.
Look at CS:GO, R6:Siege, Minecraft, and Rocket League to a lesser extent
they all experienced their peaks years after release

EA wants to do stuff like that, but everyone sees through their bullshit. They say BF5 is a long term service type of game... but you know in a few years they'll have the next iteration out anyway.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2019, 17:40 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2019, 17:08:
Losses to automation is bullshit. It's "free" trade. Go look up the stats of how many jobs went to Mexico in the first few years it was implemented. It's fucking enormous. When China opened up that's where the rest went. Foxconn has a million employees in China and a couple of hundred in the US. That's just one company being used to make "American" products. There are millions more doing the same thing. These are millions of jobs that can and should be done domestically. Fair trade, not free trade. Trump actually has this one right. The US economy was never better than when it engaged in protectionism and had strong unions.

By the numbers: How Foxconn churns out Apple's iPhone 5S

Foxconn is a Chinese company, applying the left-for-China narrative to them doesn't make sense.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2019, 15:36 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2019, 11:41:
He said since Colorado legalized marijuana, there had been a 151 percent increase in marijuana-related traffic fatalities, and that a survey found 60 percent of pot users admitted to driving while high. Hunt said 10 percent thought it made them drive better.

Really? That's nuts. Sounds like they need tougher laws in that case.

You have to understand what this actually means. There is no way to test for actively being under the influence of marijuana. Anytime you see a stat about marijuana and driving it refers to a person who was drug tested following an accident or other violation. The drug test for THC can detect THC in the system even a month after usage. By that specification, by he way the law sees it, I'm technically always driving high.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse May 7, 2019, 12:02 Sepharo

Steele Johnson wrote on May 7, 2019, 10:55:
HorrorScope wrote on May 6, 2019, 23:18:
What do you expect? It records everything you say after you say itís name. You donít think search engines record everything you search on or every page you click to? The news would be you are being recorded all the time no matter if you do a verbal search or not.

Searching via text is a one shot deal. Polling for commands means that it's "always listening". Don't you see the difference? And you know that Amazon and Google already have protection in place if someone figures out that all conversations are getting logged somewhere. It's up to you to take that chance.

They're not though. You can independently monitor the traffic from the device and both regular people and security experts have done so... It does what Amazon has said it does, nothing more.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse May 6, 2019, 22:51 Sepharo

Clickbait headline. Literally the way Alexa has been publicly stated to work since it was launched. The same way all google voice searches work as well.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2019, 18:40 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 6, 2019, 12:04:
VaranDragon wrote on May 6, 2019, 10:29:
Always thought that although it was a decent film, Titanic was really over-rated and over-hyped. I guess that honor belongs to another movie now. (Pending Oscars)
I'd be interested to hear from the teenage girls who went and saw Titanic dozens of times. Do they still love the film?

I'm not a teenage girl, but I watched Titanic a lot on VHS (2-tapes)... and I still watch it on TV occasionally. It's a great film.

8433 Comments. 422 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo