Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8592 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 00:43 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 22:21:
Retired wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 17:39:
Dozens of Young People Hospitalized for Breathing and Lung Problems After Vaping.
Vaping bad!? No shit.

Water is also wet.
The idiocy around vaping has continued to, well I was going to say "amaze me" but thinking about it not so much. People are idiots. I would like someone to explain to me why cigarette commercials are illegal but vaping commercials aren't... I assume the answer is the laws are specifically written for cigarettes. All those laws need to be amended to include vaping products.

I've never seen a vaping commercial. That's a thing?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 18:24 Sepharo

Mine is 20.24% but I've never had to pay interest.
Credit score is also in the 800s
My last student loan will be paying off soon, but the mortgage is going to be a while.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 17:33 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:08:
That Diatom vid is great. I love those looks at life on that scale.

You should watch the rest of the videos on that channel. Really great stuff.

Journey to the Microcosmos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBbnbBWJtwsf0jLGUwX5Q3g/videos

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2019, 14:23 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:12:
Ohio doesn't have a DMV...

They have an equivalent though of course, people can figure it out.

In Michigan we have a SoS, "Secretary of State" but you could call it a DMV and we'd know exactly what you were talking about.

edit: Neat, here are all the equivalent regional names:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Motor_Vehicles#United_States

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 14:18 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:39:
til
By design, Gamergate is nearly impossible to define. It refers, variously, to a set of incomprehensible Benghazi-type conspiracy theories about game developers and journalists; to a fairly broad group of gamers concerned with corruption in gaming journalism; to a somewhat narrower group of gamers who believe women should be punished for having sex; and, finally, to a small group of gamers conducting organized campaigns of stalking and harassment against women.
/and thread

You left out an angle... I didn't care about the whole thing until the journalists started stereotyping "gamers" and collectively shitting on them. Serious articles on whether we should drop the word "gamer" etc.
They had a chance to forcefully say, "these people don't represent us, we are gamers and we are diverse" but instead they decided to separate themselves from "gamers" and stereotype and bash... and with the stereotyping they directly engaged in something they accused the other "side" of doing, claiming gamers where white young men and exclusionary, some self-fulfilling horseshit.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
43. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 16, 2019, 03:24 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 21:26:
You both know very well I'm talking about a feature that is available to EVERY game on Steam when needed as a platform feature. Conversely, Epic's Trello roadmap lists "Enable Pre-loading" as a "recently shipped feature" only it is not universally available to all games (e.g., Borderlands 3) per Tim.

Sometimes I wonder about you all. The lack of common sense knowledge at times is staggering.

Are you talking to me? I agreed with you for the most part, it's just dumb to go on about the year it was available or the other guy talking about the market share or whatever in 2004. HL2 was the (one of the?) biggest launches at that time and of course they needed preloading to make sure everyone was able to go right at the launch minute if possible. It's just not that often, and even less so as the infrastructure ramps up with popularity and can handle larger releases, that you need to do a preload. Epic's stated reason for not being able to do one is a lie or incompetence.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
41. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 15, 2019, 19:35 Sepharo

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 17:23:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 02:51:
Everything you need to know about this.

Epic made over 3 billion last year, and yet their store is held together by popsicle sticks and glue. BTW Steam had preloading for Half-Life 2 as far back as 2004, during a time when most consoles only had physical media. For PC gamers, preloading has been a standard thing for the past 15 years until this year...

If we're going to be completely impartial, you cannot compare Steam's ability to preload then to preloading today. What was the marketshare for Steam back in 2004? I mean, I can't really say outside of that the strain on Steam's infrastructure probably wasn't all that much back then.

Again, preloading is supposed to mitigate strain not cause it.

But yeah comparing the year that they had preloading available or even calling it common is kind of dumb. Preloading is rare on Steam as well, only very popular releases (ones expected to cause strain) tend to employ it. But yeah Borderlands 3 would definitely be a candidate for that, and I suspect EGS not having it available is far more about it not being coded (properly?) than being worried about strain.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 15, 2019, 15:21 Sepharo

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 15:11:
Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 11:12:

And the WoT series is done before it even began. Must they ruin everything with their liberal identity politics?

Liberal Identity politics? Now I am curious, do explain.

He saw a picture of minorities and got all cranky because he didn't read the books close enough and imagined all the characters to be white. Pretty simple.

News Comments > G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim [Updated]
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2019, 23:13 Sepharo

Blue the link is still messed up  

News Comments > G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim [Updated]
9. Re: G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim [Updated] Aug 14, 2019, 17:45 Sepharo

Hey Blue your quote of their tweet has the web archive url as simply the old url of g2a... it should be to the archive link as it is in their tweet, since that's kind of the point, to show the old archived site.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130131053446/http://www.go2arena.com/

It might be that either your posting software messed it up, or that they originally messed it up in the tweet and updated it afterwards

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2019, 13:15 Sepharo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 19:56:
Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 17:53:
Lots of people care...

Bullshit. A vocal minority likes to bitch and whine like the entitled cunts they are. If "lots of people" cared, Uplay, Origin, GOG, and others would have been total disasters. Wait, they're not. Ergo, "lots of people" don't give a fuck.

Uplay, Origin, and GOG never paid publishers to remove games from other store fronts.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2019, 16:56 Sepharo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_town

tech companies aren't doing this... well at least not yet

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 13, 2019, 13:19 Sepharo

Jonjonz wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 06:51:
No matter how many times I use Youtubes feed back mechanisms to reject right wing Faux News and other racist content, they continue to bombard me with these recommendations. Youtube, home of some of the most offensive, purile, fascist content.

are you clicking the videos?
I don't get suggestions like that and demographically I'm in their wheelhouse but it's just not something I click or have in my history.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. removed Aug 12, 2019, 18:52 Sepharo

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 12, 2019, 18:57.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 11, 2019, 10:41 Sepharo

But actually, what he really said was, so you can't even, and he's not racist  

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 9, 2019, 16:59 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 16:29:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 16:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 16:06:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 14:50:
Bumpy wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 13:06:
I tend to agree.

These shootings should not be lofted in any regard and zero attention towards the evil do-er.

Was the Apex Legends tournament going to glorify the perpetrators?
I think you took Bumpy's comment out of context.

I looked for some other context for the "I tend to agree" and the following sentence but I couldn't find it.
When combined with "These shootings should not be lofted in any regard and zero attention towards the evil do-er." He's implying that the tournent should not have been pulled.
But if anyone would have bothered to read the article ...

I have nothing wrong w/it being rescheduled.

Not sure how you got that he doesn't think the tournament should have been pulled.

Looks like he agreed with Cutter, who seems to just see it as a way to "cancel" esports altogether since he doesn't like them.
And then he says we shouldn't elevate the evil-doer... where is that being referenced from or implied?
So yeah I'm confused

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 9, 2019, 16:15 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 16:06:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 14:50:
I tend to agree.

These shootings should not be lofted in any regard and zero attention towards the evil do-er.

I think you took Bumpy's comment out of context.

I looked for some other context for the "I tend to agree" and the following sentence but I couldn't find it.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 9, 2019, 14:50 Sepharo

I tend to agree.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 9, 2019, 14:49 Sepharo

The third sentence in the article says it was rescheduled for October.  

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 15:54 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 19:24:
Never heard of Tiktok. Who values it at 75B and why? Worse still why would people be using a platform created and run by the Chinese government? Stupid people. Never ends, just seems to get worse every day. The Idiocracy is unfolding in real time.

And wtf is Ninja and why would I, or anyone else care? That's not news, that's advertising.

If I didn't know better I'd say this is like a Cutter parody, but no it's the real mccoy

8592 Comments. 430 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo