Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1883 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
8. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 16:52 Xero

Sounds like they don't care about the problems and realize it might not even be worth it to fix them. They rather throw out DLC's in hopes that the few that enjoyed the game will bite and they can still bank in. That or if they sold season pass and are obligated to get some DLC content out the window, trash and all, just to say they did.

This is all disappointing to hear in the grand scheme because I personally had a blast with Mad Max and even Just Cause 3 gave me a good time.

I'm not sure if they've been under more pressure to get releases out and done sooner and thus falling short on their quality control.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Positive Review Bombing
11. Re: Valve on Positive Review Bombing May 22, 2019, 09:16 Xero

To follow-up on that idea, MK11 immediately comes to mind as this has taken all my hours since release.

It's an amazing fighting game at it's core. It's launch was very rough with the constant requiring connection (it's never been an issue for me however). The in-game currency acquisition rate was horrendous.

I believe I gave it a thumbs down initially, despite having a blast with the game when I'm actually fighting or exploring the krypt. I don't even think I've changed it yet (mostly because I forgot to), but it's clearly a game that has already been patched up positively and the developers have been listening. I even hear a 60fps patch is on the way for PC gamers...

Clearly, a lot of the negative launch game reviews are mostly out of gamer frustrations with the developers for something that appears shady but isn't entirely unfixable.

News Comments > Valve on Positive Review Bombing
10. Re: Valve on Positive Review Bombing May 22, 2019, 09:12 Xero

What they really need is a "pending decision" review option. This can allow you to give your initial thoughts on the game, providing as many positives and negatives as you can from your early hours with the game. Then, maybe a few weeks/patches later, you can settle down on a final score.

So many games are neg bombed early because launch sucks or a major issue may be game breaking. The game itself could be awesome. That 1 major issue however holds back that thumbs up. If you could say, I'm pending my final decision on what I think should they now release a follow up patch in the next few days/weeks, I will say thumbs down.

That at least gives more flexibility and if it's a launch title where I see a lot of pending reviews, it's because I know something is wrong with the game at launch and can very likely move towards a thumbs up in time.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced
6. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 21, 2019, 14:01 Xero

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 21, 2019, 13:09:
Xero wrote on May 21, 2019, 12:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 21, 2019, 08:13:
wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 19:27:
Heh... I still haven't gotten my kickstarter backer version yet.

Just been too lazy with a a large backlog of games to figure out how to redeem for it.

Youre missing out a lot. One of the best games Ive ever played.

That's quite a statement! That would put this in the same level of Witcher 3. From the reviews thus far, they seem mixed.

What makes it so good? I've been on the fence for a while about picking it up.
The world, the authenticity, the combat, the characters, the quests. I still miss it after completing it. They atmosphere in that game is just so god damn good, much better than Witcher 3, because it actually feels real, like it actually could have happened (it might actually, I didnt check, but all the other things I checked are real, like the villages, some of the people, etc). But as the ending hints, there will be another one.

Okay, I'll probably throw it back on my wishlist. It was on there for some time but after a lot of mixed/negative reviews mostly attributed to bugs, I dropped it. I also didn't like the asking price for it's initial release. I suppose if they do give it a hefty price drop, I'll jump back on it.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced
3. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 21, 2019, 12:08 Xero

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 21, 2019, 08:13:
wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 19:27:
Heh... I still haven't gotten my kickstarter backer version yet.

Just been too lazy with a a large backlog of games to figure out how to redeem for it.

Youre missing out a lot. One of the best games Ive ever played.

That's quite a statement! That would put this in the same level of Witcher 3. From the reviews thus far, they seem mixed.

What makes it so good? I've been on the fence for a while about picking it up.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 21, 2019, 12:00 Xero

Oh man, if any franchise had to come back, it's No One Lives Forever! I had a blast in both games.

Cheeky fun, awesome music, fun weapons, and hilarious situations the game would throw you in.

Remember having a shoot out in a house that was scooped up by a tornado and your literally in the funnel shooting it out? lol

News Comments > RAD in August
3. Re: RAD in August May 21, 2019, 11:57 Xero

So that's in then, we are officially in the post-apocalyptic genre/theme games coming out right?  

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 12:38 Xero

lol, that's funny. Nubs!!!

They are like kids that just got into WoW and weren't even born when it was Vanilla. They tag a long to feel like they are part of the elitist original group. Then they begin reporting bugs and features missing that never were to begin with, lol. Priceless.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 12:21 Xero

Removing 30fps cap on PC for MK11??? Whaaaaat? That's awesome. Supposedly it was done to give the correct look for the fatalities. I think it's stupid, as are the menus with their sluggish feel.

Going to be awesome running at full 60fps. Sucks to be console gamers often, lol.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 17:58 Xero

I picked up Rage for like 5 bucks at one point. It's super mediocre. I could barely get myself up to push forward as long as I did. I might have logged 2 hours total game time (if that).

I still can't believe a sequel launched with all the hype considering how soft and mostly a dud Rage was... I suppose we are supposed to forget that ever happened? lol

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Next Month?
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Next Month? May 15, 2019, 20:25 Xero

Oh lawd. I got plenty in the Wish List. If any of them are in the price range I'm looking for, they'll go inside the closest along with the other 4123423409 games I haven't played.  

News Comments > Tech Corp. Next Month
1. Re: Tech Corp. Next Month May 15, 2019, 12:12 Xero

For some reason after reading the name of this, it reminded me of the Nintendo 64 game called "Blast Corps". Not even remotely identical, lol.  

News Comments > Trine 4 Trailer
4. Re: Trine 4 Trailer May 15, 2019, 11:07 Xero

I never played these games co-op but had a blast by my onesy self. I honestly didn't hate Trine 3 as much as the mass did. Yes, as a whole, it was the weakest of the 3, but it wasn't by any means a bad game. I think they even released some additional content post release and overall, it wasn't as quick to get through as many would have made you believe. It was reasonable length.

Glad to hear however that they learned from 3 and will not be going that route on 4. Taking what made 1 and 2 great and only building on top of that means Trine 4 is gonna be awesum. Can't wait.

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
27. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 17:38 Xero

I thought this would be the standard between if I had to compare this and Far Cry New Dawn. Now I think Far Cry New Dawn could be the better of the two, granted I've yet to try this and probably won't until it hits bargain bin.

If anyone had some slight interest in this type of post apocalyptic world with lunatics wearing knee and elbow pads(lol), give New Dawn a shot. Especially with it's recent price drops/sales. I think I picked it up for 20 and it was totally worth it. The world was 10x more intriguing than Far Cry 5 and the added colors were not over done but felt natural and total eye candy when presented. One of the few, if not the only Far Cry game I beat (not counting the original).

News Comments > Tech Support: Error Unknown Gets New Modes
1. Re: Tech Support: Error Unknown Gets New Modes May 6, 2019, 13:53 Xero

Adds a new mode that allows you to reach through the phone system and pull the end user's head through it so you can put some beat down on em!

Oh wait, that was me thinking out loud. Goes through my head day in and day out as a support techie myself, lol.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gone Gold
4. Re: RAGE 2 Gone Gold May 3, 2019, 22:59 Xero

"PC users can run at any resolution their system supports, complete with uncapped framerates."

SAAAAAY IIIITTT!!!! and let the console gamers hear you say it! lol

Aaaah, that was music to my ears. I think they have my money on that alone.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Update and Free Weekend Tomorrow
1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Update and Free Weekend Tomorrow May 1, 2019, 11:10 Xero

I wonder if it's a good time to get back into this game and try again...  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Two New Maps
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Two New Maps Apr 26, 2019, 13:48 Xero

theglaze wrote on Apr 26, 2019, 12:47:
Xero wrote on Apr 26, 2019, 09:37:
Workout is actually a well designed map. I also remember this USED to be in the competitive map rotation when I first began playing CS GO. It might of been the first map I ever played competitive on because I have a distinct, won the match for my team memory on it, rofl.

However, they haven't patched the toxic players unfortunately. Oh well.

Ah yes I remember Workout's 'beta' version from back then, I believe it had a bombsite near a pool. Long hallways made for easy sniping, slow rotating, making grenades were very powerful if you know where to throw them at the defense. Now with the Molotov, I expect the tactical gear to be key for this map.

As for toxic players, if a game is largely populated by teenage boys and frat bros... there's going to be toxicity within the community.

That is very true. They mostly sound like spoiled entitled brats who get their panties tied up when someone isn't listening to their terrible tactics of where to go.

I picture them on an aircraft carrier telling the pilot whose about to fly into hell where to go while they sit back with their feet cross up on a table and their hair gelled up. Hands behind their head relaxing, lol. (I took some of this thought process from Bill Burr, rofl).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 26, 2019, 09:41 Xero

As cool looking as the Corsair IronClaw mouse is, it's just too damn angled forward at the finger tips. That style of mouse they have, starting with the M65 (that's what I own), have been the worse mice I've ever used in gaming when it comes to fast clicking such as a pistol fight in CS GO, lol. The downward angle means, depending on your finger length or if you aren't truly claw gripping the mouse, the travel distance is too far down for each click resulting in way less response time when shooting when it matters.

While I still love Corsair's keyboards and own 3 of them now, their mice are hit and miss. I nearly bought the Glaive at PAX East this year as it was actually very comfortable despite it's odd looking shape. Then I tried the Asus Gladius II that was on display and immediately had to buy it. It was like an instant love connection with the feels. It's been probably the best feeling mouse I've used in the last 10 years.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Two New Maps
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Two New Maps Apr 26, 2019, 09:37 Xero

Workout is actually a well designed map. I also remember this USED to be in the competitive map rotation when I first began playing CS GO. It might of been the first map I ever played competitive on because I have a distinct, won the match for my team memory on it, rofl.

However, they haven't patched the toxic players unfortunately. Oh well.

1883 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo