Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1951 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
5. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 12:03 Xero

MattyC wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 11:17:
Xero wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 11:11:
I'll sum up what they were trying to say in a "humble" manner. They were paid more money to be an EGS exclusive and took the bait.

Man, I hate EGS so bad. What a sh!t e-store competition it's become. They're logic has just turned into, let's snag as many exclusives as possible to force people to buy from us.

Um, how exactly did you think publishers worked previously?

Getting their content on as many stores of their choosing as possible provided the store allows it.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Multiplex
2. Re: Morning Multiplex Aug 21, 2019, 11:58 Xero

I was honestly looking forward to the Terminator in all it's cyber form, but I guess we'll have to settle for Arnie.

Sindel seems kind of boring but I thought Nightwolf was going to be also and he's actually quite fun.

Spawn should be badass. Can't wait to see his other outfits and gear pieces.

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
1. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 11:11 Xero

I'll sum up what they were trying to say in a "humble" manner. They were paid more money to be an EGS exclusive and took the bait.

Man, I hate EGS so bad. What a sh!t e-store competition it's become. They're logic has just turned into, let's snag as many exclusives as possible to force people to buy from us.

News Comments > Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels Released
11. Re: Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels Released Aug 21, 2019, 10:23 Xero

I was wondering if I should ever try the newer Metro games as I remember playing the very original and thought the coding was terrible. I had horrible FPS in the game with a beefy system at the time and thought, if they can't properly code, I'm not even going to give it a chance.

Judging by recent reviews, it appears they still have wonky coding or bugs that are rather apparent. I think I'll pass on this as well until they get their shieeeet sorted out.

News Comments > Little Nightmares II Announced
3. Re: Little Nightmares II Announced Aug 20, 2019, 09:16 Xero

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 22:59:
I just picked up the original today - as it's on sale for $6 atm. Hope it's good.

It's not like Inside as much as it's compared to it so don't expect that, but it's a fun game in it's own right with a great spooky atmosphere. For 6 bucks, you can't go wrong. I think I paid around 12 for it when I got it and totally thought that was worth it.

News Comments > Little Nightmares II Announced
1. Re: Little Nightmares II Announced Aug 19, 2019, 22:52 Xero

Oh sweet. That was unexpected.

I don't think the original is all that incredible but I had fun with it. I'll definitely pick this one up if it's at least as enjoyable as the first.

News Comments > EVERSPACE 2 Announced
1. Re: EVERSPACE 2 Announced Aug 19, 2019, 22:51 Xero

It's a gorgeous game but I could not get into the original no matter how many times I fired it up thinking this would be the day. Not sure I wanna bite on the sequel unless they added some kind of sticking factor to the game.  

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity
19. Re: DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 18, 2019, 22:53 Xero

I don't care if games get released on EGS and Steam, just as long as they get released on Steam as well because that is the platform I choose. This exclusive BS ruins choice. EGS can burn in hell for trying to cash grab all these developers so that we have no choice but to buy through their app.

How about I prefer Steam because it does contain 99.9% of my game library and I don't need ANOTHER app running in the background, consuming resources, sending me notifications, and that I need to remember another password for.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex
2. Re: Morning Multiplex Aug 17, 2019, 13:47 Xero

Looking forward to both Desperados III and the Commandos 2 remaster. I hope if sales are good for both, they use the Desperados III graphic engine to work on a new Commandos 4. That would be tits. Commandos 3 was such as let down but also not made by Pyro Studio which would explain it.

If this company can capture the magic that was the original Commandos and 2, they can pull off an awesome comeback to the Commandos universe.

I had a blast with the original Desperados but obviously you need to be into the Wild West theme which I'm not a big fan of. I still tried it and enjoyed it a lot but not anywhere close to how I connected with Commandos.

Shadow Tactics is a really awesome modernized version of this gameplay if you are looking for something for now. Not exactly Commandos again, but it can hold you off with the itch for this type of gameplay. At least until these two come out.

News Comments > Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince in October
1. Re: Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince in October Aug 8, 2019, 11:15 Xero

YEEEEZZZ!!!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2019, 12:49 Xero

I understand the need for freedom of speech but when that speech is to build hate and create domestic terrorists, isn't that almost a crime? You are trying to spawn an army of hate to inflict damage and casualties among your own people.

I don't understand how we can just let that fly and claim it's part of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech should not be brainwashing people with hate. How do you think Hitler gained powa?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2019, 12:13 Xero

Video games aren't to blame. Are you telling me they don't play video games in Japan, China, Europe? How often do they have mass shooting in those countries? They play the same games...

They are looking to find an excuse anywhere possible.

How about looking at sources where they are Okay with spreading hate messages or leaders that don't give a peep about it but brush it off like it's Okay when these events happen? Perhaps the problems lie there.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 3, 2019, 21:22 Xero

Picked up Eastshade. It's been on my Wishlist for a bit.

Gorgeous game. Awesome soundtrack. The concept so far is quite interesting and different. I'm enjoying it. It's definitely a different experience. It's part walking simulator, part puzzle/quest solving while interacting with the locals. If that's your thing, this should be right up your alley.

News Comments > Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered in October
1. Re: Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered in October Aug 2, 2019, 16:25 Xero

I always wanted to try this game but never bought it. This might be worth looking into...

Some of these remasters aren't a bad idea at all.

I for one, can't wait for the Commandos 2 remaster! I'll love to go through it all over again

News Comments > Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free
6. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 16:24 Xero

I made the mistake of buying the For Honor Starter Edition for like 10 bucks on Steam once. Big mistake. Was yucky.

Alan Wake on the other hand. Great game for it's time. I wish I had actually tried to beat it. It seemed like it was going to get better as it goes. I never thought I'd enjoy pointing a flashlight around as much as I did in Alan Wake, lol.

News Comments > No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month
3. Re: No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month Aug 2, 2019, 12:27 Xero

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 11:14:
But is it still "boring and repetitive"? Genuinely curious. Reviews are the reason I never picked this up.

I picked this up once when it was on sale for around 15 or 20 bucks. I think it had already been out for 2 or 3 years. While I thought it was pretty solid compared to all the complaints (of course many major patches since then), I did find it repetitive.

The thing that drove me nuts was all the buttons to press to figure out what you had to build and which one to press to find what you needed. That drove me a bit loco.

I probably didn't play enough to really see the game open up but I had made it to the point where you can select your star system or something and hyper warp over to it. The ideas are pretty cool, it looks great graphically and I'm sure it gets better as you play more, but it's a super grind. Similar to Subnautica which was disappointing for me.

News Comments > Maneater Video Diary and Preorders
1. Re: Maneater Video Diary and Preorders Jul 30, 2019, 14:03 Xero

I've had this on my wishlist for a while. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. While the basic idea of just eating everything in your path can get old quickly, I'm hoping they add a lot of cool ideas/elements to make this a little more meaty. Something we can really chew on, Har har!  

News Comments > Pilot Sports Takes Off This Week
2. Re: Pilot Sports Takes Off This Week Jul 29, 2019, 20:12 Xero

Scratch that. I just caught the trailer now that I'm out of work and realize this is definitely more arcadish and less on the realism or difficulty in controls that was the original. That was actually what made Pilotwings unique is that the controls could be difficult and a wrong move could throw you out of balance, especially with the hang glider. This looks simplied as f**k. Oh well. I knew it was going to be too good to be true, lol.  

News Comments > Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 15:04 Xero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 13:48:
Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 11:38:
I still own those original Blair Witch games that were a 3 episode series from the company that made Nocturne. Speaking of which, when the hell are we going to get a remastered version of Nocturne??

Talk about a game that was ahead of it's time and just disappeared when everything else is being remastered or remade.

I could barely run the game when it came out and the shadow effects were dope. The effects were stunning for it's time.

Ah yes, I too remember running Nocturne at about 8fps, and it looking awesome. Years later on a faster computer I was able to play it a bit, but the controls were borderline terrible. Ahead of its time graphically, sure, but it would definitely need an almost total rework of the controls. Still, I'd be interested in the Remaster/Remake.

Hey, at least they weren't tank controls. You could actually aim using the mouse which was no where close to how bad Resident Evil was at the time in comparison.

It could use some tweaks but for the most part, I think it would be a solid remake/remaster.

News Comments > Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 11:38 Xero

I still own those original Blair Witch games that were a 3 episode series from the company that made Nocturne. Speaking of which, when the hell are we going to get a remastered version of Nocturne??

Talk about a game that was ahead of it's time and just disappeared when everything else is being remastered or remade.

I could barely run the game when it came out and the shadow effects were dope. The effects were stunning for it's time.

1951 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo