Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 31596 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 23, 2019, 23:56 Creston

Oh good, we've gone the grim and bleak route again. Picard left Starfleet!

Sigh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
14. Re: We Happy Few Delay; Refunds May 23, 2019, 17:43 Creston

Caladell wrote on May 22, 2019, 19:08:
Creston wrote on May 22, 2019, 17:18:
Beamer wrote on May 22, 2019, 16:28:
Creston wrote on May 22, 2019, 14:07:
Ugh, and more flying enemies. Nobody likes flying enemies in a fucking shooter, so hey, let's make a whole race of them!

THANK YOU!

Sometimes someone acts like I'm crazy when I say Z-axis enemies make everything suck. At least, if you don't have hitscan weaponry (even then, they get old fast.)

I fucking hate flying enemies. They suck in every single game, unless you're flying yourself. (Or unless you have a shotgun that automatically chases after and shoots down flying enemies, a la borderlands 2.)

Cliff Racers

Oh God, I literally shuddered. You evil wretch!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2019, 10:53 Creston

Talutha wrote on May 23, 2019, 10:43:
Not sure if hes ignoring all the other movies and just continuing from the second or not.

I think that was the idea, yeah. He's essentially continuing on from 2, and ignoring Terminator 3 (which was... okay) and those two piles of dogshit garbage that came after that.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 10:52 Creston

Yeah that's a good trailer, not gonna lie.

It's always tough to think "Man, I keep rewarding them for making these shitty movies", but on the flipside, if nobody does, then they'd never make them, and you also never have a chance at ever getting another great terminator movie.

My one big beef with this series is that the terminator is always holding back when it has a chance to kill its target. They always come up with some utterly contrived reason for why it doesn't kill its target in any given situation.

Seeing how powerful this new version of the T1000 is, there's no reason for it to not just annihilate these people in three seconds flat and be done with it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. JJ season 3 May 23, 2019, 10:29 Creston

Hopefully the fact that everyone knows it's all over for the Netflix marvel series, they will properly tie this one up.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding May 22, 2019, 20:32 Creston

The {buzzwords} arcade shooter you have been waiting for!

I didn't ask for this.

9. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 17:18 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2019, 16:28:
Creston wrote on May 22, 2019, 14:07:
Ugh, and more flying enemies. Nobody likes flying enemies in a fucking shooter, so hey, let's make a whole race of them!

THANK YOU!

Sometimes someone acts like I'm crazy when I say Z-axis enemies make everything suck. At least, if you don't have hitscan weaponry (even then, they get old fast.)

I fucking hate flying enemies. They suck in every single game, unless you're flying yourself. (Or unless you have a shotgun that automatically chases after and shoots down flying enemies, a la borderlands 2.)

News Comments > Valve on Positive Review Bombing
12. Re: Valve on Positive Review Bombing May 22, 2019, 14:11 Creston

If you have any thoughts on how we should approach this case, or similar cases in the future, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

So we can appoint you as the volunteer mod in charge of decisions like these, so we can go back to wheeling our desks around and doing fuck-all.

5. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 14:07 Creston

Also, in JC4, flying enemies negate Rico's biggest advantage, so all in all it sounds pretty awful.

News Comments > Get GRID 2 for Free
2. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free May 22, 2019, 13:55 Creston

For free it's pretty fun, but it doesn't really hold up to Grid Autosport. At least MOST of the modes no longer rubberband (only Touge and one other does, IIRC.)

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. May 21, 2019, 14:34 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 21, 2019, 10:20:
I don't get it really. You have a great combat system great physics (to some extend) and you implement one of the most boring openworlds EVER .. why?

Because Avalanche has no fucking clue how to make a fun open world. They're known as an "open world" studio, and yet they release boring failure after boring failure.

Maybe it's time to shift to point and click adventures or something, Avalanche. You clearly SUCK at the open world stuff.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 21, 2019, 14:32 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 21, 2019, 14:02:
NOLF still not available for purchase.

I know, it sucks. I would gladly repurchase them from GOG.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 21:57 Creston

Simon Says wrote on May 20, 2019, 15:32:
Nucas wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:30:
love it or hate it, the good news from game of thrones is we're going to be deluged with expensively produced shows based on good books and stuff for the next two years while everyone tries to be the next game of thrones.

I guess The Witcher could work... But not at the GoT level. Other than that, not sure about any of the others, even LotR. Didn't read anything in that pile.

Why do you think it won't be at the Game of Thrones level? The books are ripe with intrigue between kings, assassinations, treachery etc. The biggest difference between the Witcher series and the GoT is that the Witcher focuses more on fewer characters, and fewer of them die (though there's no shortage of deaths in the Witcher books.)

It's entirely possible for Netflix to pull this off.

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 21:54 Creston

1badmf wrote on May 20, 2019, 21:49:
Creston wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:59:
Does HBO Now (the internet version) allow you to watch all previous episodes of GoT? Anyone know?

I stopped watching after two seasons and eventually figured I'd just watch all of it once it was done. I guess it's time for me to go and catch up.

yes, any hbo sub will let you watch all previous seasons of all shows. highly recommend Barry and chernobyl while you're at it.

Thanks man

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 21:53 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 18:38:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 20, 2019, 18:09:
This might be the worst idea Valve has ever had..

Pay to avoid toxic gamers? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ASSHOLES? This should be a default function without paying for premium
And there are no guarantees. I'd like to see a 3 tiered pricing scheme.
For $9.95 a month you get 30% less chance of playing with someone on your blocked list. 52% for $12.95 and only $15.95 for an 82% chance of avoiding that off-brand oleaginous buttplug.

No no no no no. It's Valve! $4.99 buys you a LOOTBOX with a CHANCE to draw a token to avoid a toxic player ONCE. Then you get to buy another lootbox!

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 16:37 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:40:
RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:33:
Don't like toxic gamers, there's a fee for that.
Even worse it is a fee for a service which doesn't provide the service. It simply notifies the devs of your preference. Great, thanks a ton for that.

Jesus Christ... Fuck you, Valve. Fuck you right in the toxic ass.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 15:18 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:39:
To be honest I hope China completely and violently retaliates for this. This isn't a trade war, that is literally a declaration of war. Especially since the orange hamster hasn't produced a single proof.

Yes, because CLEARLY what the world needs now is an actual fucking war.

Edit:
Violently in the relation of a trade war.

Oh, okay. Eh, they probably will, but they could fix this real quick if they wanted to. Get rid of that retarded law they have that says that every Chinese corporation MUST assist the Chinese Intelligence apparatus on demand, no questions asked.

Because for all the huawei president's posturing that he would never order his company to do so, he'd literally have NO CHOICE but to comply. And if he wouldn't, then the 50000 people below him would, because they have no desire to spend the rest of their life in a fucking Chinese gulag.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. How to combat fake news May 20, 2019, 15:17 Creston

Here's the blueprint: Do not elect Donald fucking Trump as your president.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:16 Creston

KS wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:17:
For some real fun try replaying RPGs from the early 90s. Enjoy your pad of paper to write down all quest clues and where to go back to. And no Internet if you get stuck.

Back in the ancient days of the early 90s, PC Gamer UK had this feature called Keith Campbell's Adventure Helpline. They'd post a solution to some problem people had sent in, but if you just wrote them (not email, WROTE. As in, BY MAIL.) they'd send you the answer back on a post card. Free of charge. It was amazing.

I mean, it'd take four weeks before you'd get a reply, but the fact that it existed at ALL was incredible.

of course, these were also the days where I'd fax issues to developers directly, and would get 3.5" floppies sent in the mail with patches for games. I wrote back and forth with Origin for years about issues with Ultima 7 and Ultima 8.

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:13 Creston

Players: Today's WoW sucks we want the old stuff!

Blizzard: No, you don't.

Players: Yes, we do!

Blizzard: Okay, here.

Players: What is this?? This isn't what we want!

31596 Comments. 1580 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo