Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2761 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Twitch Suspends Popular Leftist Streamer After Controversial 9/11 Comments Aug 24, 2019, 14:05 Muscular Beaver

Not that I think hes wrong, but holy fuck... this guy works for a channel called The Young Turks, named after a fascist Turkish party that did the Armenian genocide, his boss is known to deny that Armenian genocide and then he lets off this:
“We fucking did. Holy shit. Look at the way that this dipshit is running his fucking mouth, justifying genocide right now.”
People really have no shame anymore at all. Theres a liar and hypocrite around every corner.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed
19. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 24, 2019, 01:40 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 14:01:
Most popular game on the planet, and no one on this site cares. Love it.

"...let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'..."

Zero fucks given about Fortnite. Now HW3? All kinds of jazzed about that.

Yeah, its the only RTS I am still interested in. Even a new C&C or RA wouldnt interest me. But a new HW? Hell yeah!
The last one was awesome already, just far too short.
Maybe another Supreme Commander would interest me too, but only if they would base it on SC1 and not SC2.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

News Comments > Morning Patches
18. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 23:28 Muscular Beaver

afka Rossini wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 11:47:
Yay! NMS 2.09 has the key bind fix.
About time. Now I can finally start exploring this game.
So far it looks really great and extremely complex and deep. Probably will take me 500 hours to see and achieve everything. And thats a good thing.
Only annoying thing I noticed so far is the asteroid fields. They are far too many.

It pretty much looks like a different game since last I played it (2016). Lets hope they add even more things, like being able to design and build your own ships.

News Comments > Hades on Steam This Year
3. Re: Hades on Steam This Year Aug 22, 2019, 23:13 Muscular Beaver

That looks so boring and uninspired... Could have left it on EGS and made it their mascot.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2019, 10:35 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 08:39:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 08:30:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 19:36:
Nice job NMS, but you're no PUBG. You need to continually ban people to keep sales up.
I thought you were gonna say that they need to have as many bugs as PUBG. Because they have achieved that with this patch 50 times over. With dozens of really game breaking ones, too. Gotta see the Steam forums, holy crap... lol
And that without really having a deadline...
And the NMSKY devs continue to squash those bugs. All is well.
So you have a connection to them, I take it, if you so blindly hype them?
Tell them to fix the key mapping. At least hundreds of people are unable to play the game, and after 6 patches or so, nothing has even been acknowledged about it. Just some crashes were fixed, that happen with 8 year old hardware only.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2019, 08:30 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 19:36:
Nice job NMS, but you're no PUBG. You need to continually ban people to keep sales up.
I thought you were gonna say that they need to have as many bugs as PUBG. Because they have achieved that with this patch 50 times over. With dozens of really game breaking ones, too. Gotta see the Steam forums, holy crap... lol
And that without really having a deadline...

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
22. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 02:34 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 02:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 01:33:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 18:16:
MattyB wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:44:
They aren't stupid. They're fully aware that a good chunk of people have rose-tinted, and they'll quit long before 60.

That's a retail-tinted view of Classic. You think because it's old that somehow equates to a few months of interest and then people quitting. You genuinely don't know what Classic is. A good game is a good game no matter it's age and those who want the classic experience over retail will stick with the game for the long term. Blizzard will financially benefit from offering both experiences, and there may even be some crossover where classic players will jump into retail and visa verse.
Yeah, there are still thousands of people playing EverQuest. Even the classic version. And they even have wives and husbands and family! GASP!

EverQuest is actually a great example of what many of us are talking about. The "classic" TLP servers they run are not very classic. Huge quality of life features that make the game drastically easier. You don't lose XP when you die, you don't have to do a corpse run, faster XP gain, instanced raids, economy based on the Daybreak "Krono" currency, etc. In addition, there is huge attrition on those servers after they launch a new one. There is a total of one _true_ classic EverQuest server with a peak number of players over 1000.

I played a Bard to 50 on the Ragefire TLP server and it was absolute easy mode compared to classic, and half the player base was gone before Kunark even activated.
Theres 2 classic servers. If not more now, since others did an emulator as well. Peak on P99 is 1500. And its close to that every day. That means thousands are playing on it. Thats what I said.
I wasnt talking about the official servers.

20. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 01:33 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 18:16:
MattyB wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:44:
They aren't stupid. They're fully aware that a good chunk of people have rose-tinted, and they'll quit long before 60.

That's a retail-tinted view of Classic. You think because it's old that somehow equates to a few months of interest and then people quitting. You genuinely don't know what Classic is. A good game is a good game no matter it's age and those who want the classic experience over retail will stick with the game for the long term. Blizzard will financially benefit from offering both experiences, and there may even be some crossover where classic players will jump into retail and visa verse.
Yeah, there are still thousands of people playing EverQuest. Even the classic version. And they even have wives and husbands and family! GASP!

1. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 14:33 Muscular Beaver

a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006
Yeah, no thanks.
That is not classic. Crowded servers were really bad back then. Especially on PvP ones. You couldnt even complete quests and the only way to survive a bit was being a druid or rogue.
The world was very small back then, and then putting several times as many people on it than it can handle, is stupidity at the least, and blind greed at worst.
I guess its just another way to save money instead of helping people have a nice experience.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
16. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 00:47 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 21:36:
Customer: Hi, can you please preload the game so that I can play BL3 at midnight on launch day?

Epic: Hi. Thank you. In answer to your question we have a new look and design coming to your game libraries. The first update in this process will include a "list view" which will display more of your game library on screen at once. You will be able to sort, filter and access games in your library quicker and easier. We want to make navigating to the games you want to play seamless.

Customer: That's nice. But what I really want is BL3 to be ready at midnight on release day. Can you provide that?

Epic: Our new playtime tracking feature is also right around the corner! This feature is a critical piece for self-service refunds. This gives you the ability to precisely track playtime on the games you own and that's important because it helps you determine when you’re eligible to submit for a refund on new game purchases.

Customer: wat. I just want the ability to download a 75 GB game before it launches. Can you please add that?

Epic: You may have noticed that we're rolling out new Epic-hosted videos on store pages.

Customer: You're losing me.

Epic: We rolled out For Honor with an improved installation experience! We reduce the total time to install and the amount of disk space required. We're working on adding this to existing Ubisoft games!

Customers have left chat.

Epic: Another satisfied customer!
Extremely close to reality.
I had a conversation with one of their staff like that.
He kept repeating things I should try, yet I already tried them and wrote several times that I tried them. Then all of the sudden he wanted a screenshot of the error message, as if copypasting it wasnt enough, or he didnt believe me.
The reply to that was "Please update Epic Games Launcher"........ (also said before and me mentioning that I am always running the latest version)
I got really mad at several points in the conversation, especially since it went on over 2 weeks.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
1. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 15, 2019, 19:34 Muscular Beaver

Obviously one of the features is not helping people who have game activation issues.  

News Comments > DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban
3. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 11:40 Muscular Beaver

They forgot the Heil PC at the end of that statement.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2019, 23:12 Muscular Beaver

So NMS is finally starting to look like the game they promised?  

News Comments > DayZ Refused Classification in Australia
4. Re: DayZ Refused Classification in Australia Aug 7, 2019, 23:06 Muscular Beaver

clint wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 20:29:
wow, someone was having a moody day on the job. Likely met 'people' online, and it wasn't pleasant.
Got killed in DayZ more like it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2019, 14:40 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 14:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 14:24:
Without evidence? LOL!
Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020
https://www.projectveritas.com/tag/google/

But oh wait, those are bad... uh... right... wing... Nazis or something! Yes! Dont believe any facts coming from them!
And dont open your eyes! Everything youve seen yourself for the last 3 years has never happened. All the censoring and demonization of everything right of left... never happened! All in your head! And no, 1984 is what the other side does! Yes! Believe me!

I dunno if they're Nazis... but they're documented fabricators for sure.
Even if they do find something and report it accurately it unfortunately is tainted by the times they made stuff up.
I'm sure as someone who uses the phrase "fake news" against various media you'll understand that they're not really to be trusted.
Oh yeah I forgot about that! Yeah totally! Completely with facts and stuff! Totally true! Hes a convict after all. Did some very bad things. I wont say which ones, but they were BAD! Very BAD! Believe me!
Everything I dont like is fake news. Duh, brother.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2019, 14:24 Muscular Beaver

Without evidence? LOL!
Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020
https://www.projectveritas.com/tag/google/

But oh wait, those are bad... uh... right... wing... Nazis or something! Yes! Dont believe any facts coming from them!
And dont open your eyes! Everything youve seen yourself for the last 3 years has never happened. All the censoring and demonization of everything right of left... never happened! All in your head! And no, 1984 is what the other side does! Yes! Believe me!

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2019, 09:12 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 16:14:
GTAV is the new PUBG is the new CSGO.
Just a new content update and Youtubers/Streamers playing it into oblivion.
Same thing with Minecraft suddenly peaking in users and purchases again, minus the content update.

Makes you realize how much they control what people play/want to play.

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity
10. Re: Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity Jul 31, 2019, 12:06 Muscular Beaver

Well, at least they cant blame piracy if they crash in a fiery inferno.
Now that I think about it, they probably will anyway.

News Comments > Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 30, 2019, 10:18 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 21:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 18:26:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 16:26:
One of the worst, most overhyped movies to ever be mislabeled as "horror".

Famous for pioneering the "found footage" style of movie.

That trailer is actually pretty good. I wasn't interested based on the IP, but watching the trailer made me interested.

Eh, I'm ambivalent about the game itself. The trailer looks like a bunch of jump scares to me which is the laziest, shittiest way to do horror and build tension.
So you werent scared shitless when in FEAR you went up the ladder and suddenly had that creepy girl standing in front of you?
I dont think this genre is for you then in any case.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 28, 2019, 10:20 Muscular Beaver

Yes, I love esport peripherals that get a stuck key or dont recognize a key press.

And yes, I have one of those in front of me right now.
And another one packed away, because it did the same crap.

2761 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo