Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2685 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II
12. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 22, 2019, 20:45 Muscular Beaver

Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:26:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:19:
Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:06:
Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:04:
wtf_man wrote on May 22, 2019, 19:59:
Uhh... isn't this an MMO?

Why would you limit your MMO client to one store?

What? No, it's an action/adventure, just like the first one.
When I played it in the Beta, it was an MMO. Pretty much like Conan Exiles.

You're mistaken, or don't know what an MMO is. Co-op doesn't make a game an MMO:

"Rune II is described as a “true sequel,” and is directly inspired by the original game, which launched in 2000 and spawned two follow-up titles, Halls of Valhalla and Viking Warlord. Building on the Norse setting of those games, Rune II will see players return to Midgard with new abilities granted by the gods, as well as open-world events, and a full story-driven campaign that you can experience either alone or in co-op."
Conan Exiles is called an MMO.
And Rune Ragnarok played pretty much like it, minus the building.
I mean, Conan has some kind of story as well.

Conan Exiles isn't called a MMO either, not even by the devs:
"Conan Exiles can be played in full single-player, co-op, or persistent online multiplayer."

So what you're saying is a game that's not an MMO plays like another game that's not an MMO.
Conan Exiles is called an MMO everywhere.
Ive played Rune 2.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 22, 2019, 20:19 Muscular Beaver

Razumen wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:06:

You're mistaken, or don't know what an MMO is. Co-op doesn't make a game an MMO:

"Rune II is described as a “true sequel,” and is directly inspired by the original game, which launched in 2000 and spawned two follow-up titles, Halls of Valhalla and Viking Warlord. Building on the Norse setting of those games, Rune II will see players return to Midgard with new abilities granted by the gods, as well as open-world events, and a full story-driven campaign that you can experience either alone or in co-op."
Conan Exiles is called an MMO.
And Rune Ragnarok played pretty much like it, minus the building.
I mean, Conan has some kind of story as well.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

5. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 22, 2019, 20:06 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced
7. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 21, 2019, 19:18 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on May 21, 2019, 14:01:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 21, 2019, 13:09:
Xero wrote on May 21, 2019, 12:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 21, 2019, 08:13:
wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 19:27:
Heh... I still haven't gotten my kickstarter backer version yet.

Just been too lazy with a a large backlog of games to figure out how to redeem for it.

Youre missing out a lot. One of the best games Ive ever played.

That's quite a statement! That would put this in the same level of Witcher 3. From the reviews thus far, they seem mixed.

What makes it so good? I've been on the fence for a while about picking it up.
The world, the authenticity, the combat, the characters, the quests. I still miss it after completing it. They atmosphere in that game is just so god damn good, much better than Witcher 3, because it actually feels real, like it actually could have happened (it might actually, I didnt check, but all the other things I checked are real, like the villages, some of the people, etc). But as the ending hints, there will be another one.

Okay, I'll probably throw it back on my wishlist. It was on there for some time but after a lot of mixed/negative reviews mostly attributed to bugs, I dropped it. I also didn't like the asking price for it's initial release. I suppose if they do give it a hefty price drop, I'll jump back on it.
It was on sale quite a few times.
It had lots of bugs at the beginning, but seriously not more than say Skyrim. It still has a few, but they arent game breaking.
You just have to take care about completing quests. Dont take too many at once, because some will fail if you take too long.

4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 21, 2019, 13:09 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on May 21, 2019, 12:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 21, 2019, 08:13:

Just been too lazy with a a large backlog of games to figure out how to redeem for it.

That's quite a statement! That would put this in the same level of Witcher 3. From the reviews thus far, they seem mixed.

What makes it so good? I've been on the fence for a while about picking it up.
The world, the authenticity, the combat, the characters, the quests. I still miss it after completing it. They atmosphere in that game is just so god damn good, much better than Witcher 3, because it actually feels real, like it actually could have happened (it might actually, I didnt check, but all the other things I checked are real, like the villages, some of the people, etc). But as the ending hints, there will be another one.

2. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 21, 2019, 08:13 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 17, 2019, 06:46 Muscular Beaver

Oh boy, Blue linking to OAG?
Isnt that racist or something?

This comment was edited on May 17, 2019, 07:00.

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
18. Re: WoW Classic in August; Testing begins Tomorrow May 15, 2019, 12:26 Muscular Beaver

Jonjonz wrote on May 15, 2019, 07:07:
I fully expect this to crash and burn, just like every other 'classic' server out there. there is always a vocal minority who say they want these, but if you have played any MMO's classic progression games, you know what the drill is:

* day one, every hardcore hammerhead with an interest shows up, guilds up and it is a race to cap, and firsts
* Any other players are left in the dust to flounder
* Game becomes the private play ground of a handful of hardcores
* Other players quickly realize they are better off going back to the current version of the game

At some point Blizzard/Activision will have to show their hand on this regarding how they plan to monetize the added cost of the development, maintenance and server infrastructure for this. I can't believe they are going to do all this for free, and I seriously doubt it will bring in substantial new subscriptions.

If it works with EverQuest, it will work very well with WoW.

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
17. Re: WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow May 15, 2019, 12:21 Muscular Beaver

fujiJuice wrote on May 14, 2019, 21:28:
Me, like a lot of people, have been asking for this for years. They initially didn't want to do it.
Yeah, but I got my fix on private servers now. Will be another 5+ years before I want to try again.

News Comments > Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Rises
2. Re: Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Rises May 15, 2019, 07:17 Muscular Beaver

What a shit show star Trek has become (pun intended). Now it reflects our times, not better times in the future...  

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
24. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 15:40 Muscular Beaver

Played Mad Max... loved it.
Played Rage because people said it similar to Mad Max... hated it.
Looked at gameplay footage of Rage 2... hated it.
End of story.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
30. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 14:27 Muscular Beaver

I had an aversion to Ubisoft before due to UPlay. However I bought one or 2 on Steam. Now they can be sure I wont buy anything on the Epic Store from them.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2019, 03:43 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2019, 12:01:
Or you could go off-grid if it's that important to you. That or run for office and change it. You have options.
Its pretty obvious to everyone informed that you cant change it. The corruption is too deep. And even if you dont know, you learn it, or you become one of them. Its just not a job for honest people. Strong character, honest people get destroyed. Weak character, honest people get corrupted. Thats also something the last few years showed perfectly.

Oh and Facebook/Google, etc is still tracking people who arent logged in.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2019, 12:58 Muscular Beaver

Saboth wrote on May 7, 2019, 12:54:
Trump has absolutely no idea what he is doing. He started a trade war because he thinks a trade deficit is bad. Since he started the Trump Trade War to combat the trade deficit, the trade deficit has grown WORSE. To say nothing of the thousands of American companies suffering from higher costs, which they pass on to American consumers. Then Trump has the nerve to brag about how much money he's "making" off of the tariffs. Yeah, WE (not China) are the ones paying that. To say nothing of the fact Trump doesn't legally have the authority to implement trade tariffs unless it's a matter of national security or an emergency, and neither situation applies to the Trump Tariffs. Congress should have smacked his illegal tariffs down as soon as he implemented them, but the GOP has devolved below boot-licking status.
Uh, thats how getting jobs back into the country works though. It hurts for a time, but then it will be much better.
Blame the globalists, not Trump. WTF

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gone Gold
18. Re: RAGE 2 Gone Gold May 4, 2019, 19:24 Muscular Beaver

They list those "Additional Visual Features" and uncapped FPS like it was something special. You know, like a car manufacturer writing that the wheels are round on their cars...
If that is the only stuff they added for the PC version, then prepare for a huge pile of shit.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 4, 2019, 16:20 Muscular Beaver

No X-Wing and X-Wing Alliance either.  

News Comments > BioWare "100% committed to Anthem"
29. Re: BioWare May 4, 2019, 04:52 Muscular Beaver

After Andromeda and this, is it safe to say that Bioware is dead yet?  

News Comments > More Apex Legends Cheaters Banned
5. Re: More Apex Legends Cheaters banned May 3, 2019, 15:08 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2019, 12:54:
Slick wrote on May 3, 2019, 12:18:
Distributing hacks should have the same punishment and law enforcement response as distributing heroin.
Thanks for posting the absolute most bat shit crazy dreck I'll read today.
So you dont read you own comments?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews May 1, 2019, 02:24 Muscular Beaver

Steele Johnson wrote on May 1, 2019, 01:23:
Oh the memories... damn! This is when developers made online shooters that required skill and not the current “whoever sees the moving pixel first, wins” style gameplay. I remember when one-on-ones could last several minutes. You had to know the weapons, know your armor and jets, use the environment, and anticipate your opponent’s next move. It all mattered, even at close range. I’m not sure why they don’t make games like that anymore.

Even back then it was too different.
I remember playing it for the first time and almost quitting it, because I didnt get anywhere. Then for some reason I said to myself that this game is really awesome in the core, and you just have to learn it... and I became one of the best players.
Back then the community was pretty small too. I always saw the same players on servers, maybe 500 different regular players here in Europe, if not less. Only the mod community, particularly Renegades, was a little bigger, but I didnt really like the mods.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 30, 2019, 00:37 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 19:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 16:21:
robdot wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 15:41:
Nothing more demonstrates the current generations mindset, than pewdiepie.
Keeping working hard, even if youre already a multi millionaire?
Rather, let social media influencers be the moral beacons in their lives.

Really? Pewdiepie talking much about morals? You mean these jokes he made and fanatic SJWs getting triggered about them, because they think they can force this PC BS on everyone and think everyone not bowing to them is a Nazi/white supremacist/literally Hitler?

And influencer? You should look that definition up again. I get old guys have issues keeping up sometimes, but this one pretty much has the definition in its name and we see real influencers all day long. You seriously compare someone like Pewdiepie to someone like Elle Darby?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay.

2685 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo