Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 6353 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2019, 20:29 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 15:03:
1) No one ever says "all white males are neo-nazis." If you're hearing this, you need to listen more carefully. It's not what's being said, but it's what so many hear. This is why it's frequently said that white males are fragile - because so many of us hear a criticism and put the word "all" in front of it. I can separate myself from the complaints, most of which have a lot of validity

Would you say the same for the statement "black males are criminals"? Hey, no one's saying all black males, so it's not racist, right?

I agree with most of what you said - wtf_man appears to have learned everything he knows about this subject from conservative/nationalist talking heads complaining/lying about it. However, there are limits. Obviously the second statement is much stronger and has a lot of history behind it, but this sort of phrasing can be indicative of the same flawed way of thinking. I don't have a lot of time for people who's complaints are consistently of this nature because I think it indicates the same us-and-them mentality that the worst of the opposite view have.

Having said that, and as I've said before, the white male victim complex that has become so common in the last few years is remarkably pathetic. I do hope no one feels that they're the victim of anything because I said that...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2019, 12:58 Quboid

Linthat22 wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 12:45:
Wow some of you guys. He's accusing Twitter of "shadow-banning conservatives" to secretly hide their posts, systematically censoring opposing viewpoints, and totally "ignoring" lawful complaints of repeated abusive behavior.

Unless you're living under a rock, everyone knows the shenanigans of twitter, FB, & Google.

Yes, who hasn't heard of the assorted liars and fools who are so entitled that they cry about censorship when the preferential treatment they have been receiving isn't enough for them. And it never will be enough to make snowflakes like you happy, which is one reason why you shouldn't be indulged.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2019, 13:43 Quboid

I'm sorry for your loss, Blue, he was a wonderful dog. My condolences to you and Mrs. Blue.  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 18:08 Quboid

sliv wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 17:25:
Why do you think that anyone wants you to apologise? The only person that accused you is yourself, when you saw "menstrual haters" and felt it applied to you in any way.

Dude.. you're not getting it. Nobody is apologizing, it's an expectation of an apology to the 'victims' because they feel they're getting shamed when there's really nothing to show for it.

There is no expectation of an apology.

Also, I didn't say there was an apology. Please read comments more carefully.

sliv wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 17:25:
So many people want to play the victim card. Just a bunch of hapless victims running around doing whatever they feel is right oblivious to reality.

Yes, you. You tried to play the victim, but all it did was reveal a persecution complex or guilty conscious.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 17:05 Quboid

sliv wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 15:31:
Which basically goes back to my initial comment about having to apologize for things we're being accused of even when it's not even happening.

Why do you think that anyone wants you to apologise? The only person that accused you is yourself, when you saw "menstrual haters" and felt it applied to you in any way.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 13:39 Quboid

You read "menstrual haters" and interpreted it as "just being a guy". That you made that connection is pretty damning.

It is OK to ask questions (which you didn't actually do in this statement but whatever) but it is also OK for people to reply to comments. If you think this means it's not OK for you to make comments, you are a snowflake.

If you don't know that periods are taboo, maybe you should play this game.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Troubling GOG tweets, a fired CD Projekt employee, and the spectre of GamerGate. Dec 6, 2018, 17:23 Quboid

That guy's full of shit. Never heard of GamerGate, in his job? Nah. He tried to get PR by being an edge-lord, it backfired, what he got is called consequences.

If consequences look like censorship to you, you might be entitled.

News Comments > Telltale's Final Chapter
6. Re: Telltale's Final Chapter Nov 15, 2018, 15:17 Quboid

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 15, 2018, 12:05:
Didn't these games sell well? What happened tot his company?

It looks like they expanded too quickly, making as many games as they could as quickly as they could. They didn't do much with their engine or story telling techniques, so the formula got old.

Shame they screwed over their employees, both while the company lived and as it died.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2018, 16:38 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 13:16:
Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:48:
If Twitter wants to make a healthier climate for debate they should get rid of the retweet button, it's basically a "manufacture outrage" button.

People would just do screenshots, but yes, I know "both sides" is often a bad argument, but both sides love to find some random lunatic (often a troll) with 3 followers saying something which then gets worked up and becomes a cause.

I'm pretty certain the entirety of GamerGate has lasted beyond the first week exclusively on intentional misunderstandings and overreacting to tweets by 14 year old girls with 0 followers.

People would do that and go back to copying the tweet and prefixing RT: but that would be an improvement. The ease at which people can (and do!) amplify unresearched/fabricated outrage is part of why it's so toxic. It would also get rid of the retweet 'score', which I think contributes to people getting off on being controversial.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 29, 2018, 13:16 Quboid

Football Manager 2018? Weird. Maybe an error by GFK, or maybe it's on sale everywhere with the 2019 edition imminent. I would expect preorders for 2019 to be high, if preorders are even counted.

I think this is disc based sales, so it's effectively limited to casual gamers who aren't familiar with Steam/Origin/etc.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2018, 12:48 Quboid

If Twitter wants to make a healthier climate for debate they should get rid of the retweet button, it's basically a "manufacture outrage" button.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Oct 28, 2018, 09:23 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 17:35:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 16:57:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 14:15:
On the whole most people aren't. It's just that tiny minority of special little snowflakes who believe everyone should be able to sail through life without ever putting forth any effort, being put upon, or offended in even the slightest way. Oh boo hoo, life is tough, isn't it?

LOL, didn't you get banned from Steam forums for complaining about a game?

No. I was banned from a particular forum for complaining about their game - and I wasn't alone. Nor is this uncommon on Steam where some devs routinely band people and delete any criticism of their shitty products so they can continue to scam people. I was a paying customer who got ripped off and complained about it. That's an entirely different thing. Don't you dare lump me in with the snowflakes.

Just banned from one place the one time, is that right?

How often have you had comments here deleted because you angrily reacted? How many times have you been called out, only to melt away like a snowflake when the heat is on?

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2018, 21:42 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:23:
Enjoy being paralyzed and having your life destroyed for a virus most people don't even catch once in their lifetime.

Do most people get paralysed, or did you make the same fallacy that you think you're calling out in the same damn sentence?

39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2018, 21:30 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 18:28:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 13:35:
If the guy is deep sate or fancy himself as a secret covert op for the left we'll probably never know the damage is done.
We already know who he is and it's none of the things you're thinking.
From registered Republican to red #maga cap wearing "magic mike" troupe manager, the man's a true gem.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/us/cesar-sayoc-bombing-suspect-arrested.html

Who here sounds most like they'll think they need to turn to violence to defend their way of life? Could it be the guy who thinks a large portion of the population is "completely INSANE"? (An expression of frustration is one thing, but this is the rule and not the exception for him.)

Obviously Timmeh Timmehing on a message board is nothing like sending bombs or shooting at a senator but the mentality is there. Paranoid and riled up, detached from objective fact, seeing enemies around every corner that - without a shred of self-awareness - can't be reasoned with.

Since I do have a shred of self-awareness, I realise this means I see people who can't be reasoned with - but this is relatively small number of people and I don't consider them to be enemies or have anything like the animosity to them that Timmeh seems to have.

News Comments > Get Metro 2033 Free on Steam
2. Re: Get Metro 2033 Free on Steam Oct 25, 2018, 19:23 Quboid

Rhialto wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 19:06:
Holy! What a nice move. I already have it but get it if you don't...

It's an excellent shooter and it's cool that they're doing this.

Although I am very surprised that it's not the redux version. Presumably this is to get attention on Metro Exodus, so I'd expect them to want the other games to look their best to new comers. Also that might get people like me to play through it again and get hyped for Exodus too.

15. Re: Doggy blues Oct 25, 2018, 13:14 Quboid

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:11:
Don't forget that your hand should go under the dog's nose, not over his head. Some/most doggos don't like head patting or hands/arms over them.

They don't like your hand going out of their sight until they trust you, which depends on the dog.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 13:11 Quboid

Blue wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 11:36:
I guess at some point I'll have to explain the cat scratches to defend the above point, but I'll save that for another post.

Anyone who thinks cat scratches only come from badly treated cats don't know cats.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: WASD Oct 18, 2018, 22:51 Quboid

It was only when I was getting my ass handed to me by mousers in Qtest that I finally learnt to use it. IIRC the mouse also moved you forwards and back in Doom, which made it awkward for me.

I used a similar layout, RMB for forward, until some game came along that couldn't rebind WASD so I just decided to get used to that so most games wouldn't need everything re-bound.

News Comments > Train Simulator 2019 Released
2. Re: Train Simulator 2019 Released Oct 12, 2018, 14:58 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 03:33:
All I want is a Railroad Tycoon game with realistic graphics.

Transport Fever is quite well regarded: https://store.steampowered.com/app/446800/Transport_Fever/

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 18:54 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 18:06:
NKD wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 13:27:
Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 10:55:
AI doesn't exist. If said bias existed it was because of the variables it was programed with and nothing more.

Yes, because it's impossible to have a computer that iterates on its own code according to some set of goals and might come to unanticipated results. Humans are created by GOD and powered by MAGIC that can't be put into a machine!

How dense are you? The bias was coded in to begin with. The machine does not "think" for itself. That would be magic. Do even grasp the biological concept of how thought even works?

What do you think the A in AI means?

6353 Comments. 318 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo