Something big is coming to Yara! Tune-in on November 29 at 10AM PT / 7PM CET for the debut of the Far Cry 6: Lost Between Worlds Announcement Trailer. Click the "notify me" button to set a reminder.Continue here to read the full story.
We are aware of and have seen some select instances of wholly unacceptable content that has been uploaded to The Sims™ 4 Gallery. Our team has reviewed, and made critical updates to, the profanity filter to help prevent this from happening again in the future. We are grateful for the community’s vigilance in helping us identify these inappropriate uploads so we can maintain a safe, creative environment for our players. We will continue to do our part by quickly taking down objectionable content that surfaces, identifying and removing repeat offenders and regularly reviewing the profanity filter in case any updates need to be made.
We encourage players to continue to use the “Flag This” button on The Gallery to report any offensive uploads or comments.
The classic renderer uses ray tracing for all the primary rendering of geometry, but the lighting is still processed through texture-based light maps like the original game, meaning you get similar lighting and ambience, with some intriguing RT effects: water surfaces are completely different, with RT reflections that show the full surroundings. You also get RT-specific view distortion effects when under water too. A really nice upgrade comes from the teleporters, which now show you the area you'll arrive in when you travel through, Portal-style.Continue here to read the full story.
The path-traced option offers a more radical transformation by leveraging path tracing for all of the game's lighting, full replacing light maps and the other tricks Quake used to simulate the look of light back in 1996. Indoor scenes are lit by torches and other small light sources, casting dynamic shadows from appropriate objects. As a part of this system, all muzzle flashes from gunfire cast light and shadows as well, leading to some pretty awesome moments in the dark, reminiscent of Doom 3. One of my favourite RT elements is the lightning gun, which casts light all along the surface of the lighting trail as it leaves the weapon's muzzle.
↑ Official trailers. ↓ Content creator videos.
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.
- In my town there is a pole at Walmart that has been hit at least 45 times now that I know of. Thanks Boing Boing.
- 'Miracle': Missing cruise ship passenger found OK in water.
- NYC robotic parking systems cost luxury residents $300,000 per space. They call these "garages."
- Rats blamed for eating 500 kilograms of cannabis stored by Indian police. Cool story, bro.
- Nasa’s Orion spacecraft enters lunar orbit as test flight nears halfway mark.
- We Finally Know How Black Holes Produce The Most Brilliant Light in The Universe.
Thanks RedEye9 and Kxmode.
- Egg Drop From Space.
- That Moment When He Hears His Mom's Voice! 🦻🏼🥰.
- It hurts even more.
- Rick and Morty - S6E8 Cold Open: 90s-Style Supervillains. Thanks RedEye9.