Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has been built as a unique Assassin’s Creed experience, one that is very different from its predecessors in its structure, offering new ways of engaging with the world and its characters. When investigating the implementation of New Game+, we realized that the depth of the game gave us limited options to make replayability unique and rewarding.
We understand this news will come as a disappointment; however, we hope that the new content released in the past months, including never-before-seen experiences like Forgotten Saga, has provided an exciting and challenging experience for those seeking more replayable content.
Each Conduit Outpost has at least one Podium and one Repository (or "Repo",) but some bases have more.
Podiums hold Conduits that attackers must steal from the defenders. Conduits can only be off a podium for a limited amount of time, and any captured Conduits respawn after a short delay.
Each outpost has a certain number of captures, referred to as "strikes," against a base before it's conquered by attackers. The faction that captures the last Conduit will conquer the base.
ASKA lets up to four players work together, commanding villagers and preparing their tribe for the ancient threat that winter will bring. This includes assigning jobs to villagers, constructing workshops, mines, farms and castles, exploring the world to discover hidden loot and resources, and fighting mythical enemies. Together, you will not just build a village, but a functioning society that you are a part of.Continue here to read the full story.
As you expand your tribe, you will have the ability to sail your own customisable viking ship and discover new lands in this fantastical procedurally generated world. Build outposts across these new lands and set up supply lines between settlements to transform your viking society from a village into an empire. Building a strong and stable society will give you a better chance of survival when Dead Winter hits and your tribe faces not only the harshest of elements, but the dark inhabitants of this world that have been lying in wait.
Take the helm of a Jumplight Starship as it flees its destroyed homeworld and lead your people to their salvation, the fabled Forever Star. Chart a course forward, jump to mysterious new systems, recruit crew members, and build out the ship’s interior while avoiding space pirate attacks, black holes, and the relentless pursuit of Admiral Voltan and the warmongering Zutopans in a roguelite colony sim inspired by genre staples and classic 70s sci-fi anime.Continue here to read the full story.
Keep an eye on the starship’s ever growing crew from an Incredible Cross Sections-inspired viewpoint, managing their needs to ensure Hope remains high. Observe deep social interactions as quirky crew members interact with their friends, lovers, and rivals on a daily basis. Witness meaningful, emergent moments as relationships develop, tragedies strike, and danger awaits on a starship stacked with stories.
↑ Official patches. ↓ Unofficial games, patches, and mods.
Resonance Cascade Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.
- Susan Stamberg's cranberry relish recipe returns — with a trip to the archives. Thanks RedEye9.
- 'What shall we have for dinner-' Choice overload is a real problem, but these tips will make your life easier. Thanks Acleacius.
- Lost 8th-century Japanese medical text by Buddhist monk has been found.
- Artemis: Nasa expects humans to live on Moon this decade. NASA.
- Mars: how we discovered two huge, unusual impact craters – and the secrets they unveil. Thanks Acleacius.
- The pure happiness in being reunited. I'm not crying, you're crying! Thanks VideoSift.
- Unboxing My 3D Printed Prosthetic Arm. Thanks Boing Boing.
- Smart polar bear is a bit too careful while moving over thin ice. Can't be too careful. Thanks Kxmode.
- Ending the climate crisis has one simple solution: Stop using fossil fuels. Thanks Acleacius.
- Pee-wee's Playhouse actor John Paragon laid to rest in a fitting urn, a "Jambi the Genie" Box. Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho!