Yesterday, we announced internally that I will be leaving Amazon. After almost 13 years in games, and almost 18 years at the company, my last day will be 4/29. It’s always been in my head to take time off in the middle of my career to spend time with family (before kids are off to college), and to pursue some personal interests while my knees and back are still (relatively) healthy. I have no idea where things will lead from here (maybe even back to Amazon someday) - but I’m excited for the adventure.Continue here to read the full story.
And while there’s never really a perfect time to step away from a great role, now is a good time. We’ve launched two top 10 games in the past six months, and have a growing portfolio of promising new games in the pipeline. Prime Gaming is on a strong trajectory, providing more and more great content to players worldwide who are members of Amazon Prime. And we have some newer initiatives that are gaining real traction. Plus importantly, each of these teams are led by excellent leaders. The future is very bright for Amazon Games.
↑ Official trailers. ↓ Content creator videos.
Hankering for a Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.
- Netflix’s Diana The Musical Sweeps Board At This Year’s Razzie Awards.
- The jokes that have made people laugh for thousands of years.
- Faroe Islands Marks No Time to Die Spoiler. There's a considerate headline lesson for you, Gizmodo.
- Air ambulance company takes leukemia patient for a high-priced ride. Thanks RedEye9.
- A top-notch hospital in Doha is busy: Only falcons allowed.
- North Korea Hwasong-17 launch gets Hollywood-style effects. Thanks brother19.
- Repetitive behaviors more common in dogs of first-time owners: study.
- Antarctic Ice Shelf, Almost as Big as Los Angeles, Completely Collapses.
- "Dopamine Nation": Pain is crucial in an era of easy pleasures.
- Human trials to begin on new male birth control pill.