Cyberpunk 2077, which came out Thursday, is one of the year’s biggest games and a monumental release for the Polish publisher, which only makes new titles every few years. The sci-fi role-playing game sold more than 8 million copies in pre-orders before launch and has been acclaimed for its mechanics and story, but slammed for the number of glitches and bugs. As of Friday, Cyberpunk 2077 had a 90 out of 100 on the review aggregation website Metacritic -- a strong score that has nonetheless disappointed shareholders. If that score dips below 90, it may no longer meet the threshold that CD Projekt had originally set for bonus payouts.
“We initially had a bonus system that was focused on the game’s ratings and the release date, but after consideration, we believe that measure is simply not fair under the circumstances,” wrote Adam Badowski, studio head and creative director for Cyberpunk 2077, in the email to staff. “We underestimated the lengths and complexity involved to make this a reality, and still you did everything you could to deliver an ambitious, special game.”
Trackmaster is no ordinary racing game as your ability to observe and react to your surroundings is as important as your driving skills! All tracks within the game are procedurally generated and you will never get bored of playing the same track twice; with varying difficulty levels and track length, you can tailor your session to your personal preference. Four unique vehicles are available to play, and each has its own abilities and weaknesses that you will discover as you race. You can compete with your friends in a challenging and sometimes chaotic race and take advantage of collectible power-ups or knock your opponent off the track! Tailor your car with an annoying horn and cool decal, and drive through explosions, take a ride in the loop, and look out for the rotating barrels! The dynamic weather makes for an unexpected game and sudden storms or whirlwinds can be to your advantage. Learning to take shortcuts can make or break a win, and realistic physics makes the game fun and unpredictable.Continue here to read the full story.
Pellet Pallet Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.
- I Paid $250 To Drive For Lyft Last Year. Thanks JDreyer.
- Meet Phelan the rescue pup—now America’s fastest dog. Thanks Max.
- Fantastic Four Reboot Announced.
- Zodiac Killer's cipher that has stumped law enforcement has been solved.
- Scotland names its snow plows and their titles are amazing.
- Intense full-face Blanc mask filters air, hides your identity.
- Scientists suggest US embassies were hit with high-power microwaves – here's how the weapons work. Thanks Max.
- Saving Corpse Flowers From Being Inbred to Extinction (may require registration or subscription).
- Worst Buy on Instagram: "I like the Sega Genesis version better, they didn’t blur out the genitalia."
- Worst Buy on Instagram: "Leaving Night City is out of bounds!"
- SpaceX's latest Starship prototype COLLAPSES on the launch pad. Thanks RedEye9.