A new version of ELEA
is now available
offering an update to this first-person science fiction adventure originally
released almost one year ago
. That initial release remains available to owners, who also
receive the new version, which will be the only version sold going forward. The
new release boasts improvements, and seemingly ties up the episodic loose end,
as it no longer carries that in the title.
celebrates the new version, and
this Steam announcement
I'd first like to apologize for the lack of updates from our side. As Marten
has already mentioned, we ran into some complications that led to us having to
postpone the update. Nonetheless, we are very happy to let you know that you can
now explore the updated version of Elea! Continue here to read the full story
For everyone that has been with us from the start; don't worry, this new
version of Elea will soon be pushed to your Steam library for free!
So what's new in this updated version of Elea? Here are the Patch Notes again
of the last update:
- New asynchronous save system with more checkpoints (almost double in number)
is implemented. It’s faster, stutterfree and way more secure.
- A new dynamic lighting system is introduced in the game. It uses volumetric
lights and effects, and makes the realistic PBR shaders in the game to shine
in their complete beauty.
- The PC version is optimized to make use of the new generation of video
cards, allowing users to play at very high FPS and benefit from better
shadows, anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, screen space reflections and
- New scenes are introduced in the game.
- New object highlight mechanic is introduced (this was heavily suggested by
- The memory management is improved and this leads to faster loading and
better overall performance.
- A lot of new visual effects, assets and sounds are introduced.
- There is a new option, that allows players to skip conversations / subtitles
(this option can be controlled via the settings screen).
- We’ve updated all interaction icons and the whole experience in the game
- The localization is updated.
- Overall there are more than 200 bug fixes and additions.
Thanks for the support and we hope you’ll enjoy Elea!