Interstellar Space: Genesis
is set to launch on July 25th
, offering a turn-based space 4X strategy game set in space, where
no one can hear you order off the menu. This is the debut game from Portuguese
studio Praxis Games, formed by the team behind
, a website devoted to
space and sci-fi strategy games (though their new project became its sole focus
a while ago). They call this "a spiritual successor to Master of Orion II:
Battle at Antares and other classic 4X titles from the ‘90s, and the
is now online to show off what that means. The announcement has more on the game:
BACKSTORY Continue here to read the full story
You are among the latest, and perhaps the last, of the challengers to undertake
this great journey into the stars. While the universe may be ancient, you and
your rivals are still young. As you compete with others for control of the
galaxy, participants far older and more powerful than you watch from a distance
– their true intentions covered in shadows. It’s time for you to prove that your
Empire deserves to rule this galaxy, once and for all. You may prove worthy
after all, but worthy of what? It’s up to you.
- Turn-based tactical combat with extensive ship
customization and free space-based movement with range limits.
- Soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007,
Civilization: Beyond Earth, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) and Ryan McQuinn
(Lotia, Dungeons & Doritos, Call of Cthulhu Mystery Program, Liberty:
Vigilance, Dark Dice).
- Custom alien races with specific planet types,
unique leaders, and random tech trees for each civilization.
- Deep colony development, terraforming, and
- Varied exploration mechanics and freedom to define
a civilization’s wants and needs.
- Complex economic model with asteroid mining, space
tourism, and more!