The new update is now live in Fortnite
, bringing Epic's survival shooter to
version 5.0 and kicking off the game's fifth season. The
Season 5 announce trailer
shows off what's new and the
have all the details.
look at the new Season 5 Battle Pass which offers 100 tiers and over 100 rewards
in exchange for 950 V-Bucks. Here are the changes to the Battle Royale mode
which is the free-to-play tail that wags this big dog:
BATTLE ROYALE Continue here to read the full story
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit,
visible within the reticle.
- Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent
with no random variation.
- Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5.
- Maximum damage for the Heavy Shotgun remains
- After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be
fired for a very short time.
- Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to
match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets.
- Lowered the vehicle knockback strength on Grenade,
Sticky Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher.
- Tac and Silenced SMG environmental damage now
correctly matches player damage.
- Changed the damage drop-off profile for the
Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs.
- Fall off starts at 24 meters from 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters from 85% at
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50+ meters from 75%
at 70+ meters.
- All Terrain Kart (ATK)
- The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for
your entire squad.
- Get a speed boost after drifting.
- The roof acts as a bounce pad.
- Work together as rear passengers to leap over
obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the
same time for a higher jump.
- Lean back by holding S on keyboards or
holding back on the thumbstick for controllers.
- Map Updated
- New Biome: Desert
- New Location: Paradise Palms
- New Location: Lazy Links
- A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across
- Minimap Updated
- The center of Storm circles 7, 8, and 9 can now
shift in random directions (instead of simply shrinking). As the storm
closes in, it will move & shrink to the new location.
- Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will
no longer be restricted to a single season. You can now complete progressive
challenges at your own pace.
- Progressive challenges are now completed by
acquiring a fixed amount of XP and is no longer dependant on your season
- Gyro/motion controls have been added to the
Nintendo Switch. Adjust these options in the Settings menu.
- Weekly challenges are now split into two sections,
free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free
while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass. The
threshold to unlock the weekly challenge reward will remain at 4.
- Down But Not Out players now have smaller
collision. Previously their collision was at the standing height which
blocked DBNO players from crawling under doors and blocked building
collision in some cases.
- Players that were crouching when knocked Down
But Not Out will be returned to a crouching state upon revival.
- Emoting will now interrupt sprinting.
- You now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50
and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP).
- Weapon reticle will now fade slightly when
reloading, out of ammo, or changing weapons.
- The player camera can now see out of the water
when walking in lakes.