We should expect a "special message" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution
tomorrow, according to an in-game message, as shown in this screenshot
sent along by nin. Word is: "Human Revolutions -- Special Message Incoming / Be Ready / 2200 GMT 29 Aug."
The UFO2Extraterrestrials Website
has word of a delay to UFO2Extraterrestrials: Shadows over Earth
, a prequel to UFO: Extraterrestrials
that we weren't actually aware was in development. The XCOM-style tactical combat game is said to be expected in March 2012, and a delay is appropriate for this series, since the original game was delayed on more than five occassions
. Word is: "The development studio Chaos Concept has decided to spend more time improving the design of the global gameplay as well as the tactical combat. Some of the extra development time will be devoted to adding new features based on feedback by the fans at www.ufo-scene.com
." Here's word on the planned additional features:
- Alien mobile fortresses which the player must battle on both the globe and in tactical combat.
- New player-controlled aircraft, including several types of helicopters. Different aircraft will have different combat capabilities forcing the player to use the right craft for the right job.
- More varied alien abilities in tactical combat to keep the players on their toes. For example, the Magetra have the unique ability to consume dead aliens and humans to heal and energize themselves during combat.
- More varied tactical combat mission types.
The redheaded model has apparently won the voting
to be the female version of Shepard
in Mass Effect 3
, and will grace the cover of the Collector's edition of BioWare's upcoming action/RPG sequel. GameFront
notes this is revealed on BioWare TV
saying the redheaded model won handily over the next closest competitor with 19,576 votes, compared with 12,838 votes for the black-haired fem Shep. Thanks VG247
Minecraft: The Story of Mojang on Penny Arcade TV
looks at the origins of Minecraft
and Mojang, the studio the sandbox construction game launched. Word is: "is 20 minute short is part of a Kickstarter
to fund a feature-length documentary on the first year of Mojang, the studio built upon the runaway success of indie computer game Minecraft." Thanks Auger.
Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam
for the past week:
- Deus EX: Human Revolution
- Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- From Dust
- Dead Island
- Portal 2
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
I was correct in my thinking that the BlueTower might be spared the worst effects of Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Irene, though it seems like the precautions for the greater New York City area were not overdone, as there are reports of flooding and power outages from many areas. The worst you can say about here is that we have some water in the basement, we suffered DirecTV outages, and the thunder freaked out Hudson the wonder dog, so it wasn't really any worse than a heavy thunderstorm for us.