The Valve Corporation Exhibitor listing on the gamescom website
lists them as planning on showing a strategy game at the show, which will be held next month in Cologne, Germany. Computer and Video Games
notes this suggests they will be showing DOTA 2
, their DotA-Allstars sequel planned for
release this year.
reports on the summit meeting between CCP and the EVE Online Council of Stellar Management over the uproar over the leaked
"Greed is Good" memo about microtransactions in the space-based MMORPG. They offer details on the various specific issues discussed, and the CSM seems satisfied on all fronts. Here is their statement about microtransactions: "Game-affecting Virtual Goods: We are convinced that CCP has no plans to introduce any game-affecting virtual goods, only pure vanity items such as clothing and ship skins. We have been repeatedly assured that there are no plans for ‘gold ammo’, ships which have different statistics from existing common hulls, or any other feared ‘game destroying’ virtual goods or services. We have expressed our deep concern about potential grey areas that the introduction of virtual goods permits, and CCP has made a commitment to discuss any proposals that might fall into these grey areas in detail with CSM at the earliest possible stage."
An updated version 126.96.36.199 playable demo is now available for Star Ruler
, the space-based 4X strategy game from Blind Mind Studios. Here's a bit on the game: "In Star Ruler, players take command of a vast interstellar empire and safeguard their species from total extinction in a unique galaxy (3D or flat) with as many stars as their PC can handle (even 10.000+)! Prove your species' ingenuity through a deep and intricate combat system where anything (from individual components on ships to the stars themselves) is a target of opportunity." The download is available from AtomicGamer
, Gamer's Hell
, and Softpedia
has this week's list of the top 20 full-priced PC entertainment titles in the U.K. for the week ending July 2nd. The Sims 3: Generations
holds on at number one, Brink re-enters the chart at #11, and Duke Nukem Forever
falls seven spots to #19.
Codemasters Jobs Page on Facebook
has several job openings listed for a "New Racing IP." The listings don't reveal any more about the nature of the game. Thanks VG247
now offers a new version 11.6a Catalyst hotfix reference drivers for A8 – AMD Radeon HD 6550D and A6 – AMD Radeon HD 6530D series products. There are drivers for Windows 7 & Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit Edition
and Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit Edition
. Thanks [H]ard-OCP
Hi-Res Studio COO Todd Harris tells PC Gamer
that Global Agenda
is enjoying five times the number of players since shifting to a free-to-play business model, and revenues "are higher than they ever have been before." Here's the expanded quote: "We have many many more people creating accounts every day, many more people playing concurrently, our revenues are higher than they ever have been before which means we can develop content and put it into the game faster than ever before."
The Arma 2 Website
has word on the release of Arma X
, a new Arma 2
We are pleased to announce that Arma X: Anniversary Edition is now available. Customers, who bought Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead or Arma 2: Combined Operations (or Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead), can buy an upgrade version of Arma X: Anniversary Edition on store.bistudio.com with a discount (20% for Arma 2/OA, 40% for Combined Operations).
really does now offer the Steampunk Character Pack
for Killing Floor
, Tripwire's first-person shooter. The release was announced Thursday
as part of their Killing Floor Summer Sideshow Event
, but there was some mix up, and it was not actually released at that time. There was also apparently some confusion about the price, as rather than being free, the pack is $1.99 USD.
- Alpha Protocol on Steam. Save 75%.
- The Bionic Commando Pack on Steam. Save 50%.
- Bully: Scholarship Edition on Steam. Save 75%.
- DOOM Pack Complete on Steam. Save 75%.
- Fallout New Vegas Franchise on Steam. Save 70%.
- Frozen Synapse on Steam. Save 50%.
- Homefront on Steam. Save 50%.
- Mount & Blade: Complete on Steam. Save 75%.
- R.U.S.E. on Steam. Save 66%.
- Serious Sam HD Games on Steam.
- Singularity on Steam. Save 75%.
- Trine on Steam. Save 90%.
Still on sale (previously reported). Continue here to read the full story.
- AMD A8-3850 (Llano) APU Video Performance on TweakTown.
- Antec Kühler H2O 920 CPU Cooler on Mad Shrimps.
- ASUS RoG Maximus IV Gene-Z Motherboard on Hardware Heaven.
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum Graphics Card on Hardware Heaven.
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme P67 Motherboard on ProClockers.
- ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI Sound Card on Futurelooks.
- Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SSD SATA 3 on The SSD Review.
- Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma Headphones on Vortez.
- FSP Aurum Netzteil CS Series AU-650 im PSU on Technic3D. In German.
- Gigabyte A75-UD4H AMD A75 Motherboard with AMD A8-3850 on OCWORKBENCH.
- HTC Droid Incredible 2 Smartphone on AnandTech.
- MSI N560GTX TI Twin Frozr II Graphics Card on XSReviews.
- NZXT Avatar S Gaming Mouse on RBMODS.
- NZXT Source 210 Elite Case on techPowerUp.
- OCZ ZX 850W 80PLUS Gold PSU on PureOC.
- OtterBox Defender Case for HTC Thunderbolt Smartphone on Legit Reviews.
- Samsung Series 9 (900X3A) Notebook on t-break.
- Sapphire HD 6770 FleX Edition Graphics Card on Overclockers Club.
- Thermaltake Level 10 GT Full-Tower Case on Techgage.
- Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W PSU on APH Networks.
- Thermolab Trinity Heatsink on FrostyTech.com.
It's the fourth of July today, also known as Independence Day here in the U.S., a grand national holiday celebrating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence 235 years ago today. As always, we will mark the celebration in a low-key manner, doing our best to ease the anxiety of Hudson the wonder dog, as while she indeed has super-powers, fireworks are her kryptonite. Also, in spite of all the leftovers from Saturday, I'm going to do some more grilling today, we have some more wings (they'll get buffalo sauce instead of homemade barbeque sauce like the ones from the other night), some natural case frankfurters, and a beautiful rack of baby back ribs. We're going to end up with a lot of food to go through over the coming week, but it's a sacrifice we're willing to make.