EA Sports announces FIFA Manager 12
, saying the next installment in this sports management series is being "developed in collaboration with football fans." FIFA Manager 12 is in development at Bright Future studio in Cologne for release on Windows this autumn. This page
has further details along with some screenshots, and here's a bit:
“It was very exciting to see so many great ideas proposed by our fans,” said Gerald Köhler, lead designer of FIFA Manager 12. “We were impressed by the passion these fans exhibited towards the game and the quality of the ideas generated. Working with the community helped us target more than 700 improvements that will make this the most authentic football management simulation we have ever produced.”
FIFA Manager 12 features improvements to virtually all areas of the game, including major enhancements to the 3D mode, finances, transfers and the calendar. Changes to the 3D mode create a more realistic experience, and include new logic, new player artificial intelligence, and marked improvements to tactics, substitutions and the conduct of opposing managers. In addition, a new intuitive user interface makes it possible for players to retrieve all the data relevant to the game within seconds and to issue precise tactical instructions to their teams.
Steam News announces
the release of a new patch to automatically update F.E.A.R. 3, the horror-themed shooter sequel. Included is a fix for a vexing juddering problem at framerates above 30 FPS. Here's word: Continue here to read the full story
The promised Killing Floor Summer Sideshow Event
is now underway, offering new free Steampunk Character Pack DLC
along with achievements for Tripwire Interactive's first-person shooter. In celebration, the game and all its paid DLC are on sale on Steam
for half-off, as are Tripwire's other games, Dwarfs!?
and The Ball
, and there are Killing Floor
prizes for free in the Steam Summer Camp Prize Booth
. Here's more:
But that isn't enough... so we have worked with our partners to bring you MORE free stuff. Teotl Studios have added a completely new Survival level for The Ball - free, of course. And Power of 2 have done their own Summer Event for Dwarfs!? - http://dwarfs-game.com/summerevent/. Now you can not only decorate all your Dwarfish caves with summer carnival paraphernalia - you also have a completely free mini-game to play as well. Play it well enough and you'll get to keep it after the summer event is over. And there are more achievements to go after!
There's a preview of Mass Effect 3 on Wired.com
that includes comments about the RPG sequel made by Jesse Houston during E3, who describes some recent mistakes from which they are learning this time around. He speaks of returning some of the customization options from the first Mass Effect that were cut from Mass Effect 2, but making them more intuitive, as well of better balancing the game's shooter and RPG elements. He also says they are looking at some of the shortcomings of Dragon Age II when it comes to storytelling. "We learned a lot about the way story flow should work [from Dragon Age 2]," Houston said. "I don’t want to go into too many details, but ultimately, we’ve listened to the fans in a big way: We’re taking it very, very seriously and we’re committed to making sure we don’t repeat mistakes." Thanks nin.
now offers a trailer
with the first two minutes of their E3 showing of BioShock Infinite
, the upcoming shooter prequel. The clip is introduced by Ken Levine, who teases a showing of the full 15 minute trailer next week. The clip features some exposition-heavy exploration footage and ends in a cliff-hanger as things start to get really interesting.
The Bethesda Blog
has a new trailer
kicking off a six-part series looking at RAGE
, id's upcoming first-person shooter. Here's word: "We’ve just released the first video in a six-part behind-the-scenes series for RAGE. Part one, “The Legacy of id,” is available for viewing above. In this video, the team at id Software touch on pioneering the first-person shooter with memorable titles like DOOM, QUAKE, and Wolfenstein."
for The Baconing
features DeathSpank with a first indication of what to expect from this recently announced project from Hothead Games. The clip leads to The Baconing Website
, which confirms this indeed is a DeathSpank game, an "ultimate sci-fi adventure" set in "the hilarious and sizzling world of The Baconing." Here's more:
Unaware of the myth of The Baconing, the hero DeathSpank, on a boring day in Spanktopia, decided to try on all of the undergarments at once. Much to his surprise, the result had nothing to do with chafing or wedgies, but rather the summoning of an evil incarnation of himself, the AntiSpank.
Balance can only be restored to the world by entering the Fires of Bacon and destroying five of the thongs. Now, DeathSpank travels the lands to find a sizzling solution to vanquish the AntiSpank and bring about peace once again to Spanktopia.
As noted on The Word of Notch
, a new version 1.7 beta is now available for Minecraft
, the sandbox adventure game. Here's word on what's new and different:
+ Added pistons
+ Fire or redstone is now required to trigger TNT
+ Fences can be stacked
+ Added shears
+ Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks
+ Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
* Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched
- Removed Herobrine
- Din's Curse - Demon War on Impulse.
- Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch on Impulse.
- Pro Cycling Manager 2011 on Impulse.
- Puzzle Agent 2 on Steam.
- SWAT 3: Tactical Game of the Year Edition on GOG.com.
- Worms Reloaded: Four New DLC Packs on Steam.
- Magicka on Steam.
- Mount&Blade- With Fire & Sword on Steam.
- Mount&Blade: Warband on Steam.
- SHIFT 2 Unleashed Free DLC on Steam.
- Back to the Future: The Game on Steam. Save 50%.
- Blood Bowl Legendary Edition on Steam. Save 66%.
- BIT.TRIP BEAT on Steam. Save 75%.
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER on Steam. Save 75%.
- Borderlands: Game of the Year on Steam. Save 75%.
- Deus Ex: GotY on Games For Windows. Save 50%.
- Deus Ex: Invisible War on Games For Windows. Save 50%.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition on Steam. Save 66%.
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West on Steam. Save 85%.
- Medal of Honor on Steam. Save 66%.
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River on Steam. Save 35%.
- Puzzle Agent 2 on Steam. Save 10%.
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale on Steam. Save 75%.
- Test Drive Unlimited 2 on Steam. Save 50%.
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II- Retribution on Steam. Save 50%.
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition on Steam. Save 33%.
- Worms Reloaded: Four New DLC Packs on Steam. Save 15%.
Still on sale (previously reported). Continue here to read the full story.
Link of the Day: Seagull steals camera
. Thanks Robert.
R.I.P.: Robert Morris
"the cryptographer’s cryptographer." Thanks Ant
The Battlefield Blog
has an overview on the multiplayer philosophy for Battlefield 3
, as DICE's Lars Gustavsson shares thoughts on their upcoming military first-person shooter sequel. The game's lead multiplayer designer describes how they have adopted a goal of letting the players choose how they will enjoy the game, compared with their approach on Battlefield 2 he describes as: "Play the game our way, or play something else." Here he expands on that a bit:
At DICE we have always been proud about our classic mainstay game modes Conquest and Rush. They embody much of what Battlefield stands for: vast scale and all-out vehicle warfare with an emphasis on teamplay. But focusing almost entirely on these modes have meant sacrificing the pick up and play instant action experience that a tight Team Deathmatch mode delivers.
Fans of the series can rest assured that both Conquest and Rush game modes are back, bolder and more beautiful than ever. Complementing these with Team Deathmatch means there are now even more ways to play Battlefield. From all-out vehicle warfare to tight infantry combat, it’s all about your current mood and your preferred play style. And this is far from everything we have waiting for you in the multiplayer component of Battlefield 3 -- we will return shortly to talk about more multiplayer modes and new features that change how you can play the game.
The Steam Summer Camp Sale
is now underway, offering a bunch of one-day deals on a number of games with discounts as high as 75% off, with new deals to be offered every day between now and July 10th. There's also a Summer Camp Prize Booth
offering the chance to win in-game content, along with a grand prize giveaway where 100 winners will get the top 10 games on their Steam wish lists. Here's word on how to earn in-game items as part of this promotion: "Play games to earn special Steam Summer Camp Steam Achievements. Each one earns you a Prize Ticket. Then, redeem your Prize Tickets for all kinds of in-game content (cars, maps,
, hats, and more...). Prize tickets must be redeemed during the Steam Summer Camp Sale."
Below is the first screenshot to tease an unannounced upcoming first-person shooter from Polish developer Flying Wild Hog
. The game will be formally announced in the coming weeks, and in the meantime about all we know is that it will be a PC exclusive. Here's the shot:
Paradox Interactive announces Supreme Ruler: Cold War
is gold, and BattleGoat Studios' pre-perestroika installment in this strategy series is expected to be available on July 19. Word is: "As leader of the United States or the Soviet Union, you must make the correct Economic, Diplomatic, Domestic and Military decisions to successfully navigate your country through this dangerous historical era and increase your nation’s Sphere of Influence on the world stage." The full announcement is fairly short, so it follows in its entirety. Continue here to read the full story
open beta testing of Hellgate
is now underway, offering players the chance to evaluate the free-to-play MMORPG based on Hellgate: London
, the failed action/RPG from defunct developer Flagship Studios. Here's word on testing:
Hellgate will celebrate the Open Beta launch with four special events to reward and entertain the growing Hellgate community - the Guild Reservoir event, the Daily Supplies event, the To Level in Hell event and the Level and Be Rewarded event, each awarding top players with valuable prizes. Additionally, the Open Beta will feature two new game modes – the PvP Duel Area and the zombie-infested Cow Room. Finally, there is a special prize waiting for everyone upon entering the Hellgate Open Beta today.
Activision announces Call of Duty XP 2011
, a gathering of Call of Duty
fans in Los Angeles on September 2 and 3, calling this the "ultimate fan experience" for the military shooter series. Tickets to the event are $150.00 USD each, with 100% of the ticket sales being donated to the Call of Duty Endowment
, a non-profit charity that helps veterans transition to civilian life. The event will feature the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer reveal, live events, and a $1 million tournament. Here's more: "Attendees will be among the first to have the opportunity to get hands-on time with multiplayer and the new Spec Ops survival co-op mode. Also on display for the first time will be the full feature functionality of Call of Duty® Elite, the innovative new online service, built from the ground-up to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3." However it does sound like the XP in the title is about as close as this is coming to involving Windows, as the event's lead sponsor is Xbox 360, and they say: "Supporting this epic reveal is a series of real-world Call of Duty action-experiences and gaming competitions as well as an unprecedented $1 million Call of Duty tournament by Activision and the event’s lead sponsor, Xbox 360." Here's word:
Tickets will go on sale 19th July, giving attendees a two-day pass and the chance to be completely immersed in the action and excitement of Call of Duty. Players will be able to challenge each other in a paintball firefight on a life-sized Call of Duty multiplayer map, as well as attempt to speed-run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s legendary “The Pit”—for real. Other Call of Duty XP activities include:
• Tournaments and prizes for the hardcore and casual fan alike
• Discussion panels and Q&A with Call of Duty developers
• Onsite Call of Duty armory and museum
• AAA live entertainment
• More attractions to be announced
Llano! Llano! Llano!
- AMD 990FX Chipset on TechRadar.
- AMD Llano A8-3850 APU on Bjorn3D, Guru3D, Hardware Canucks, Neoseeker, Hardware Heaven, HotHardware, InsideHW, Overclockers Club, PC Perspective, PureOC, TechRadar, The Tech Report, TechSpot, TechwareLabs, and TweakTown.
- ASUS F1A75-M Pro AMD APU Motherboard on eTeknix.com and Legit Reviews.
- ASUS K53SV-A1 Laptop on TechReviewSource.
- ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Motherboard on Overclock3D.
- ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard on iXBT Labs.
- Cooler Master NotePal Infinite EVO Notebook Cooler on TweakTown.
- Cubitek M4 Gaming Case on OverclockersHQ.com.
- Dell XPS 15z Laptop on TechRadar.
- HIS Radeon HD 6850 Graphics Card on Ultimate Hardware.
- Hornettek Shark 2.5- SATA to USB3.0 External Enclosure on Review the Tech.
- HP TouchPad Tablet on TechRadar.
- Icy Dock MB982SPR-2S Dual 2.5 to 3.5 SATA SSD-HDD Convertor with Raid on Vortez.
- Innergie mCube Lite Universal Laptop Charger on XSReviews.
- Intel SSD 510 Series 250 GB SSD on techPowerUp.
- Larkooler KU3-241 WaterCooling Kit on Xtreme Computing.
- Llano motherboards from Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI on The Tech Report.
- Llano vs. Sandy Bridge- HTPC Performance on Bjorn3D.com.
- Lian Li PC-C50 Case on Technic3D. In German.
- OCZ ZX Series 850w, 1000w and 1250w PSUs on Legion Hardware.
- SilverStone Grandia GD06 Case on Hardware Secrets.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Smartphone on TechRadar.
- Transcend 1TB StoreJet 25H3P USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive on CDRLabs.
- Tt eSports Challenger Ultimate Gaming Keyboard on eTeknix.com.
Over the past four games the NY Mets have been scoring like George Clooney
. It's obviously going to end soon (probably today, as they are facing Justin Verlander), but it has been amazing to see a team set scoring records with a makeshift lineup. Wacky stuff.
R.I.P.: Fred Steiner, composer of ‘Perry Mason’ theme, dies at 88