Innovative Castle Strategy-Simulation Set in Medieval Europe to Ship This Month
New York, NY - October 17, 2001 - Computer and video game publisher GodGames, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ-TTWO), and UK based developer FireFly Studios announce that "Firefly Studios' Stronghold" has gone gold. The game delivers a medieval European experience drenched with absorbing gameplay and meticulous graphic detail, and is due to ship to retailers by the end of this month.
About "FireFly Studios' Stronghold"
"FireFly Studios' Stronghold" is a unique castle simulation that immerses the gamer in a teeming medieval settlement. The kingdom, set in a divided European countryside, is torn apart by four power hungry and warring lords. By skillfully managing resources, boosting peasant morale, and constructing complex castle architecture, players establish settlements, build and manage castles, and engage in siege warfare as they strive to reunite their king and country.
Features for "FireFly Studios' Stronghold" include:
- Four separate game modes: Economic (non-combat) campaign mode; Siege mode, with famous historical castles; Siege that challenge mode and Freebuild castle building mode to design your ideal castle.
- Castle construction options such as walls, moats, drawbridges, portcullises, towers and killing pits.
- A detailed living community thriving with lords, ladies, jesters, chickens and more.
- Medieval warfare with siege troops such as engineers and tunnelers, mobile equipment like catapults, siege towers, and battering rams and static siege engines including mangonel, ballista and trebuchets.
- Boiling oil and fire ditches to fight off enemies in single-player campaigns consisting of 21 story-based missions.
- Multiplayer gameplay for up to eight players via LAN or over the Internet.
- Full-featured map and scenario editor
Additional information about FireFly Studios' Stronghold is available at www.fireflyworlds.com.