Men of War: Assault Squad in Development
MEN OF WAR: ASSAULT SQUAD IN DEVELOPMENT
MOSCOW, Russia - May 27, 2010 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, announced today the development of Men of War: Assault Squad, the sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War. This stand-alone expansion features a completely new cooperative skirmish game mode with access to five different nations (Russia, Germany, USA, Commonwealth and - for the first time ever in the Men of War series - Japan) as well as increased realism and accessibility. The expansion pack will deliver fans and newcomers an intense new WW2 spectacle with almost limitless replayability.
What makes the new skirmish game mode so unique?
- Different historical settings and battlegrounds for every nation will ensure that each time players will face a different variety of enemies and tactics.
- Unique hero units for every nation with powerful abilities such as increasing units' firepower, boosting morale or providing other advantages to defeat the enemy against all odds.
- Fantastic bonus abilities such as remote controlled bombs that can flatten entire residential blocks, airstrikes able to destroy incoming tank columns, special "For the Motherland!" charge attacks and many more.
- Improved and dynamic AI ensures that no two games will play out the same way, making each battle a new experience against an AI that really fights back.
- Choose from a variety of scenario locations ranging from Western Europe, to Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Pacific.
- The ability to play this impressive game mode with up to four friends in LAN or cooperative online play.
- New multiplayer maps and game settings
- Improved multiplayer balancing to provide a more authentic use of equipment and vehicles
- Overhauled infantry squads and the ability to buy individual soldiers to suit players' needs
- More realistic weapon behavior and penetration values
- A reworked artillery system that provides innovative assault and defense strategies
- New types of ammunition that increase the depth of tank combat
Men of War: Assault Squad takes place across the globe during the height of World War II and features five different armies each with their own unique units, vehicles and abilities. The game also features the unique "direct control" feature which enables players to maneuver units using the directional keys, rather than pointing and clicking. PC Generals can get behind the controls of a tank to smash through obstacles, crush soldiers under its tracks and fire armor-piercing shells at enemy emplacements, or take control of individual soldiers as they fight. More information about the game can be found at www.menowargame.com
Digitalmindsoft is a specialized developer studio based in South Germany and working on PC and PC online titles. Founded in 2006, Digitalmindsoft has been known for the co-development of the real-time tactics game Men of War and is now independently developing the stand-alone expansion Men of War: Assault Squad in cooperation with 1C Company. Digitalmindsoft has a strong network of partners and worked together with companies such as Best Way, Funatics and many more.