Ubisoft Announces Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Available in Stores Today
UBISOFT® ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE FORGOTTEN SANDS™ IS NOW AVAILABLE IN STORES
The Prince Wields New Powers in a Brand-New Adventure in Ubisoft’s Critically Acclaimed Prince of Persia® Series
SAN FRANCISCO – May 18, 2010 – Today Ubisoft announced the release of Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, the Wii™ system from Nintendo, the Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DS™ systems – all now available on store shelves. Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands™ expands the Prince of Persia universe with a new storyline, the introduction of new characters and epic new powers over nature and time. The game takes place between Prince of Persia® The Sands of Time and Prince of Persia Warrior Within™.
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system, Wii, and the PSP system versions. The DS version is rated “E 10+” for Everyone aged 10 and up. The game carries an MRSP of $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, $49.99 for Wii, $39.99 for PSP system, and $29.99 for Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi.
About the Game
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother’s kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction. When the decision is made to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation, the Prince will embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and discover that great power often comes with a great cost. The versions for Wii, DS as well as the PSP system feature a different storyline and gaming experience from the versions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC.
Game features for Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 system include:
• A blockbuster experience: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands will offer players unforgettable set pieces made possible by the advanced technology offered by the award-winning Anvil engine. With all-out war at the gates of the kingdom, the Prince’s abilities will be challenged like never before through the course of epic wow moments.
• Mastery over nature: Wielding powers of nature and time, the Prince will have unparalleled mastery over his environment and his enemies. The Prince will discover that harnessing the forces of nature itself will prove to be a devastating companion to his ability to rewind time.
Game features for Wii include:
• Play with a friend in co-op mode: Team up with a friend who can jump in and out at anytime to manipulate traps, slow down enemies and utilize powers in the first true co-op experience being introduced into the Prince of Persia universe.
• Create your own path: Wielding new powers, the Prince will have supreme mastery over his environment to take on all feats. Create new paths with the power over sand to generate sand rings on walls, get to higher ground using sand pillars, and suspend yourself in midair with a sand sphere. The Prince will discover new uses for these powers as he progresses and explores areas that would only be accessible by someone of his great skill and abilities.
• Exclusive inclusion of the original Prince of Persia: The Super NES™ remake of the original 1989 Prince of Persia included on every game disc.
Game features for the PSP system include:
• Powers over time: With the powers over time, you can control the flow of sand to manipulate your path. Slow down sand to solidify a pole or platform, slow down traps to bypass them, and temporarily slow down enemies to attack them or even to turn them against each other. Speed up the sand around you to solve fun and intriguing puzzles, speed up traps to use to your advantage and more with your mastery over time.
• The Prince reinvented on the PSP system: Developed from the ground up for the PSP system, The Forgotten Sands utilizes the handheld’s capabilities to deliver one of the smoothest, clearest and impressive side-scrolling 3D experiences.
Game features for DS and Nintendo DSi include:
• Control the elements with your stylus: Control both sand and time with the use of your stylus. Rewind and slow down time to contend with traps and puzzles. Solidify sand temporarily by rubbing it, move sand short distances by drawing from the source to your objective and stun enemies with sand to control them.
• Nintendo DSi Camera bonus: Use the Nintendo DSi’s built in camera to unlock four large hidden levels with unique challenge content, more enemies and your own customized backdrop.
For more information on Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands please visit: www.princeofpersiagame.com
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2008–09 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 1.058 billion euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2003–2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Based on Prince of Persia® created by Jordan Mechner. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, and Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands are trademarks of Jordan Mechner in the US and/or other countries used under license by Ubisoft Entertainment. Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2009 Nintendo."PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.