The Evil Within
will not be released this August
, announces the a post
the Bethesda Blog
that also includes another of
people being scared so badly by the game they literally die of heart attacks on
the spot (or at least jump and scream a bit). They don't explain the delay to
the survival/horror game, but do point out the game's new October release dates
will bring it in line with Halloween, the most terrifying holiday of them all.
Here's word on the new dates and some details on preorder bonuses:
to play testers we learn a lot about our games that help us make a better
project. Specifically with The Evil Within, we’ve also received plenty of
entertainment value. In our latest trailer for the game, watch actual reactions
from playtesters as they get their hands on the game for the first time.
The Evil Within will now terrify players right in the thick of Halloween season
– releasing on October 21st in North America, October 23rd in Australia, and
throughout Europe on October 24th, 2014. With your pre-order of the game, you’ll
receive The Fighting Chance Pack, which includes:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable
Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger
and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight
situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering
nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it
and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.