Ubisoft reports full year results
format) for their fiscal year
ending March 31st, reporting annual sales of €1,007 million, a non-IFRS
operating loss of €66 million, and confirming their 2014-15 operating income
target. Here are some highlights:
- The success of Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag (more
than 11 million sell-in and digital units). Every year, this flagship
franchise for the video game industry offers players a highly innovative
gaming experience, and generates a steady and very profitable revenue
- An 18% year-on-year decrease, to €758 million, in
sales generated from games for core gamers, due to the release of two major
titles in fiscal 2013-14 versus three in 2012-13.
- A solid performance by Just Dance 2014, with more
than 6 million sell-in units.
- A 24% contraction in sales of casual games, to
- A 32% increase in digital segment revenues, which
climbed to €195 million, led by digital distribution and sales of additional
content (items and DLC). This segment accounted for 19% of the Group’s total
sales in 2013-14.
- A 1% dip in back-catalog sales, to €229 million.
Far Cry 3 recorded nearly 3 million sell-in and digital additional units,
demonstrating the franchise's growing importance.