has details on a big patch that's now live for
Respawn's multiplayer mech shooter. This includes some bug fixes specific to the
Windows edition of the game, a bunch of balance tweaks, and the beta version of
a new Private Match feature. Here's word on that:
Private Match (beta) -
This is the first public test of our new Private Match mode. This gives you a
way to organize matches with and against your friends, for casual or tournament
play. Some features are unfinished or not yet implemented, and we welcome your
feedback. A few highlights:
- Private Match supports 2 to 12 players, with 1 to
6 players on each team.
- You can start a new Private Match lobby by
choosing it on the main selection screen (alongside Campaign, MP, and
Training). Invite your friends in or have them join you at any time.
- Choose any of the game's maps or modes (CTF, Pilot
Hunter, etc.) to play in.
- Choose which team you're on.
- There is no XP gain, challenge progress, or
achievement unlocking while in a Private Match. For this beta, the Last Game
Summary screen will display what you would have earned in normal play
outside of Private Match, but be aware that this progress will not be
recorded to your lifetime total.
- For this beta, there is no concept of a "lobby
leader"; any player can change game options in the lobby or start/stop the
- All Private Match games are still played on
dedicated servers via Xbox Live Cloud Compute, just like normal matches.
- New options like round time, score limits, and
much more will come in future updates.