has details on a new patch that's now live for the Windows
edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts
. This includes some new playlists,
stability fixes, new anti-cheat measures, balance tweaks, eSports changes, along
with bugfixes, and more. Here's the lengthy change list:
- Killstreak count maintained across rounds in
Search and Destroy, Search and Rescue and Blitz.
- Shorten countdown timer for Clan v Clan playlist.
- Extinction alien balance adjustments.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Adding Hunted FFA.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Add eSports Rules to Clan v Clan
(except friendly fire), and 1-4 persons can join.
- Added Heavy Duty health options to Private Match.
- IED damage adjustment based on player stance and
IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for
- Added Operation progress bar to the After Action
Report that pops up after MP matches.
- New MP lobby menu music.
- Social feed addition.
- New stick layout options for Southpaw.
- Disable party chat in Search and Rescue, Search
and Destroy and Infected.
- Added 5 new Prestige Ranks to Extinction.
- Customization for player appearances (Create a
Soldier) added to Extinction.
- Fixed Sniper animation issue that could break the
- Load time improvements for Flooded, Strikezone,
- Fixed a couple bots related performance issues.
- Fixed loss of functionality issue that would occur
when two crates were stacked if player attempted to capture bottom crate.
- In Private match, disable “Start Match” if party
members are missing selected map.
- Fixed rare case of incorrect bot display amount in
- Various spawn improvements.
- Prevent players from using more loadouts than
- Block users from sharing camos and reticles that
aren’t previously unlocked.
- Anti-cheat prevention improvements.
Weapon / Perk Balance
- Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence
completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users
can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds.
- Slight AK12 Increase on view kick.
- Adjusted reload times on L115 and USR.
- Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.
- Removed stalls caused by the host changing loadout
in eSports games.
- Silent plant, silent defuse in Search and Destroy.
- Added killstreak count to eSports scoreboard.
- Improvements to MLG Broadcast mode for highlighted
- Added Domination flag capture bar to Broadcast
- Added R3 to toggle enemy player outlines in
- Prevent eSports players (except COD Caster) from
switching to 3rd Person Spectate cam.
- Added ability to select players when mini-map is
enlarged in eSports.
- Fixed FOV issue that occurred in Broadcast mode.
- Fixed functionality issue that occurred if both
thumbsticks were pressed while spectating a mantling player.
- Fixed issue which kept eSports rules enabled after
losing internet connection.
- Add notification when spectated player gets a kill
in Broadcast mode.
- Fixed text overlap bug that occurred when mini-map
- Better team identification in the MLG hud.
- Fixed killfeed color bug that occurred for
- Prevent crashes when COD Caster changed teams
- Restrict Ghillie Suits when eSports rules enabled
(replaces with different game models).
- Fixed a Broadcaster Mode bug where the preset
camera indicator wasn't getting reset between rounds.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Added team names to in-game scoreboard for
- Restrict Tracker Sights in eSports rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in eSports rules.
- Additional Broadcast mode fixes (better team
identification in the HUD, simplified Scoreboard toggle, etc).
- Additional eSports fixes.
- Fixed a couple resizing issues that would occur
when switching to windowed mode.
- Fixed sound issue in the mixing code.
- Fix for shadow flicker on ATI crossfire setups.
- Fixed Single Player crash when switching SSAO on
- Fixed friends list sorting issue.
- PC fix for submitting a blank password when trying
to join a protected private match.
- Fixed issue where friends button was unclickable
while viewing operations.
- Fixed video options to properly save settings that
don’t require video restart.
- Fixed issue that occurred when selecting “Play as
Squad member” with mouse click.
- Updated text in option menus to better reflect
"mute all" option.
- Fixed prone accuracy exploit.
- Adjusted difficulty of slide based operations.
- Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle
- Search and Destroy bomb plant and defuse timers no
longer wait for the weapon swap before starting.
- Fixed matchmaking issue in Squads.
- Display new icon in Operations when re-rolling
- Fixed rare cases of losing Sentry Gun killstreak
when killed while placing.
- Menu fix for Operations.
- Fixed bug that would show improper time value in
match countdown timer.
- Maniac, Juggernaut Recon and the Michael Myers are
invisible to tracker and thermal sights.
- Fixing bug where the playercards in Squad Reports
were only updated if you went into the friends list or squad mode first.
- Defaults loadouts correctly reflect the actual
loadout in Private match.
- Free For All scoreboard adjustment.
- Fixed Trinity Rocket cancellation issue.
- MP Lobby improvement for Character Display.
- Combat Knife stats accuracy improvement.
- Fixed friends list shuffle that would occur for
clans that had members across platforms.
- Killcam no longer goes underground on Warhawk.
- Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Squads issue that would change mode icon
when playing with a split screen guest.
- Fixed core playlist selection reset issue.
- Private match loadout bug fix.
- Additional customization options added for
Infected in Private match.
- Improvements to Infected game mode.
- Optimization to generic UI elements.
- Fixed issue that could occur when squad member had
specialist set as streak reward.
- Fixed minor VFX issue.
- Fixed under water killstreak exploit.
- Increased XP earned from completed Operations.
- Fixed issue that occurred when leader would leave
- Fixed Bromance Clan Op issue.
- Fixed viewmodel loss issue in Safeguard.
- Fixed rare challenges issue in Safeguard.
- Fixed issue where some achievements could not be
earned when moving from current generation to next generation platforms.
- Optimized some FX to improve game stability and
- Fixed Trinity rocket issue where black/white
overlay would remain on screen.
- Fixed Trinity rocket issue where laptop could not
be put away.
- Improvements to the "Leper" challenge so that it
appears closer to players.
- Added "COD Account" selection to the Extinction
menu to improve account linking for Extinction players.
- Fixed bug where the "Death Machine" could obtain
- Fixed issue where players defaulted to pistol
- Fixed issue with accepting invites from custom
Extinction matches where players would lose menu focus.
- Fixed issue where double XP was not resetting when
going into solo, custom or split screen lobbies.
- Added a double XP icon to the Extinction lobby for
when double XP is active.
- Fixed trophy issues where players could not plant
any more trophies even though it had not been depleted after throwing a
- Fixed issue where Feral Instincts would not
default back to normal view after it depleted.
- Added the rank and icon to the Extinction end game
- Fixed issue where challenge timer would not appear
when joining a game while a challenge is active.
- Fixed issue where Relic bonus was not appearing in
the end game scoreboard.
- Balancing tweaks to the Sentry Gun and Death
- Added ranks to the in game splash notification
message when a player ranks up.
- Added player Patches to splash notifications for
- The Riotshield icon now tracks ammo while the
shield is stowed.
- Fixed issue where players would have no weapon on
- Fixed issue where players would lose their weapon
after getting off a ladder.