has word from Sony Online Entertainment that they are
going forward with the
plan to offer a unified subscription plan for all their
MMOGs, which will cost $14.99 per month (thanks
). Here's word from SOE's John Smedly:
Thanks for the feedback. We listened.
Here are the basics of our revised plan. Please note - we have not had the time
to do estimates of the work involved, and also we're continuing to listen. so
this isn't baked just yet. Do not expect that this is all going to happen
immediately. We plain don't know yet. we're doing that meeting tmw.
1) We're lowering the price of All Access to $14.99
2) We're going to make it so every subscriber to all our PC games an all access
member. Basically there will be one SOE membership for our PC games. Please note
there are some minor restrictions around our kids titles (simply put - if you're
a 12 year old who signed up for FR you won't have access to the adult games so
we'll likely leave the lower priced kids offerings as separate subscriptions for
under 12 for the same low prices).
3) We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to
the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only
change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You
can still hoard it though :) I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's
the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned
in the other thread.
4) we are going to be giving our members a 10% discount in our marketplaces.
5) European players - we have an idea on how to include you in this but we need
to discuss with our partners. We have a pretty good idea on this though. give us
a bit of time to suss this out.
6) Nothing is changing with Player Studio items - you'll still be able to buy
them with your 500SC.
7) Console titles - you'll notice I only mentioned the PC titles. Our goal is to
include the PS3 and PS4 games that we have, but I want to be up front and say
that isn't a done deal.
In a nutshell that's where our head is at.
As always your feedback is welcomed. Please do us a big favor and carefully
think about #3. Our goal is to give you more value in the subscription to make
it more attractive and making it simpler in the process.
I really feel like we're making a good decision going this route. It makes
things simpler and gives more value to our players.