A second Kickstarter
is underway for CONSORTIUM
, a proposed first-person RPG from Interdimensional Games, saying this would represent "A new breed of role playing game that obliterates the fourth wall!" CONSORTIUM had a crowd-funding campaign late last year
which was cancelled after a couple of weeks. At the time they were emphasizing the game's connections with Amen: The Awakening
, as it is being designed by Gregory MacMartin, project leader on Cavedog's long-cancelled shooter
, but there is more of a focus now on how their design will accommodate many different approaches to the game, which is shown off in a new work-in-progress trailer they are showing. This seems to be working, as the new campaign has attracted more than double the funding in a few days than the original one did in two weeks. They are also running a Steam Greenlight campaign
which has a more concise description. Here's that:
Imagine a game with the true first-person freedom and immersion of HALF-LIFE combined with the character interaction and development from THE WALKING DEAD or MASS EFFECT, finally spliced with the consequences of actions like in the original DEUS EX.
- Built with a modified version of the SOURCE engine (real-time lights and shadows), immerse yourself into a world with a completely original art style, bringing to life the idea that what you are experiencing is really being streamed to your computer from a parallel universe...
- Unravel a mystery stretching back thousands of years, and uncover the secret of humanity’s altered destiny...
- Freely explore the fully realized Consortium command vessel ZENLIL, a quadruple-decked aircraft patrolling the globe from 45,000 feet.
- Step inside the skin of a Consortium Bishop – the world’s most powerful peacekeeper. With advanced weaponry at your disposal you have the ability to either kill or incapacitate your foes. The choice is yours, but your actions actually alter the course of the game, and along with that, the perceptions and reactions of others.
- Dive into deep, realistic and meaningful conversations with 21 different cast members.
- Forge lasting relationships with the crew of ZENLIL, and alter the course of the story through your actions. Your choices will change your play experience, and subsequent playthroughs offer the chance to make different decisions and see all new outcomes.
- Try out futuristic technologies, such as the Consortium Mind Communicator – a device that allows you to communicate telepathically with your fellow crew members.
- Manage a unique energy-based inventory system – convert ordinary objects directly into usable utility energy, allowing you to repair systems, power weaponry, utilize healing systems, and much more.
- Plug and play! Use hard-point devices to advance your Battle Utility Suit. Find add-ons that will boost your defences, and give you new abilities.
- If it looks interactive, IT IS INTERACTIVE. Dive into information consoles and learn about the bright future of CONSORTIUM.
- Engage the manual weapons interface and defend ZENLIL from dozens of attacking fighters! Use the EMP tipped missiles and point defense lasers wisely...