11 bit studios follows up on their recent tease
by announcing Anomaly 2
, a "tower offense" RTS game that's a sequel to their Anomaly Warzone Earth, released in 2011
. The game is due for Windows, OS X, and Linux in Q2 of this year for USD $14.99, and they are promising this will provide a "hardcore real-time strategy experience with exceptional tactical variety, intense multiplayer and remarkable visuals." The game's website
is live to help keep up with the project, and here's a bit on the game:
Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth to a new level. Maintaining the core concepts of the original tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the teams new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.