Steam News announces
the release of a new automatic patch for Sid Meier's Civilization V
to hotfix some issues with the turn-based strategy sequel. Here is the change list:
- DX9 Range-strike crash. A city-strike or ranged unit could cause the game to crash when playing in the DX9 version, mainly in full-screen, but could occur in windowed mode as well.
- DX9 Cascading graphics failure crash. On certain video cards, after playing for a short amount of time (or across a number of short games), the game could exhibit strange graphical behavior (rapidly blinking graphics, terrain unloading, etc.), which could eventually lead to a driver failure or hang.
- DX9 multiple start crash. Fixed an issue where the DX9 version of the game could become unstable or crash if started multiple times in the same session.
- Auto-Annex, no pop-ups bug. Fixed an issue that was causing the pop-up queue to stop displaying in-game pop-ups until the game was reloaded. NOTE: The cause of this could also exist in existing mods. Please see our note at the bottom of the change-list on how modders can correct this.
- Mod constant reload. Fixed an issue causing mods to constantly reload each time the user visited the mods area. Could also cause modded saves to be corrupted or crash on load.
- Denmark Trait not working. Fixed an issue causing Denmark’s trait (allows disembarked units to have an extra move after landing) to not function correctly.
- Inefficient Pathfinder issue. Fixed multiple issues with the pathfinder that was causing units to exhibit inefficient movement choices.
- Exploding workboat graphic. Fixed an issue where the Workboat model exhibited graphical corruption.
- Grey terrain/checker-boarding. Fixed an issue on slower video cards where terrain displayed in large quantities, or with rapid draws (like clicking rapidly around the mini-map), could cause the game to unload the terrain system, resulting in large amounts of checkerboards.
- Multiple Terrain optimizations.
- Modders need to ensure they are calling the SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed event immediately with pop-ups. Here's an example from the ReligionOverview.lua, changes are in red.
function ShowHideHandler( bIsHide, bInitState )
if( not bInitState ) then
if( not bIsHide ) then
if(g_PopupType ~= nil) then
ContextPtr:SetShowHideHandler( ShowHideHandler );