The Risen3D Website
now offers a new patch to update this standalone port of the DOOM engine to version 1.7.8. This page
outlines all the changes (thanks Ant
). Here's the change list:
- Advanced algorithms provide more accurate rendering in OpenGL.
- Full Boom and MBF compatibility.
- Super fast rendering of OpenGL graphics.
- Slopes and 3D floors.
- Md2 models, particle effects and high resolution texture options.
- Skybox support.
- Translucent water and underwater effects.
- Outside fog support for maps that require it.
- Model activation capability using the R3D scripting method.
- Mobj spawning using the R3D scripting method
- Detailed texture support.
- Dedicated smart Launcher for easy launching and pwad management.
- Uncapped frame rate for smoother game play.
- Definition and dehacked editing capabilities.
- Basic Doom mode option
- Water splashes, ambient sounds, scrolling skies and stealth monsters.
- In game texture alignment using the R3D Edit mode.