SOE announces that Bullet Run
has emerged from the beta phase, and this free-to-play first-person shooter is now officially live:
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that Bullet Run has completed open beta testing and is now officially live for the PC. Developed by ACONY Games, Bullet Run is a new free-to-play first-person shooter (FPS) that brings together the elements of the FPS genre with unique levels of immersion and character progression; AAA gunplay coupled with action-oriented twitch gameplay and special in-game abilities provides players with a more in-depth tactical gaming experience.
"We are excited to finally bring this highly-anticipated game to our players," said Christopher Sturr, executive director of business development and corporate strategy, Sony Online Entertainment. "Bullet Run is a proof point that our goal at SOE continues to be to bring top-tier quality interactive experiences to players of all ages through our diverse portfolio of free-to-play online games. We are confident players will enjoy Bullet Run's high energy persistent combat experience and can't wait to hear their feedback."
Jan-Eric Lauble, creative director at ACONY Games, added, "We have watched this game grow from an idea to a complete experience. The level of detail we put in the game -- from the competitive gunplay features to the unique storyline -- will offer players an experience they have yet to find in the FPS world. We are all incredibly proud of the work the team has done and look forward to offering players more options and exciting new features in regular updates to the game going forward."
In Bullet Run, players are pit against each other in a reality TV show setting where performance is everything -- simply gaining the kill does not win your character fame. Style and attitude, combined with a hair trigger and cat-like reflexes, will bring players, also known as "Contestants," the fame they crave. Featuring six Synth Arenas -- from oilrigs to abandoned shanty towns -- the game focuses on individual character and weapon advancement and progression. Through their showmanship, players will have the opportunity to unlock and/or purchase new weapons, weapon modifications and attachments, wardrobe items, accessories, and custom weapon decals -- all contributing to thousands of possible combinations for customization of their characters.
- FPS Meets Free-To-Play - Free for download for the PC. Additional content is available for purchase in the in-game marketplace.
- Reality TV Game Show Storyline - Players will have to fight for stardom or settle for 15 minutes of fame. Cameras and commentators capture all the intense FPS action, where style and showmanship earn "Heat" and fame on the road to stardom.
- Eight Kill Skills - Unique abilities can be trained and unleashed during combat. Each brings in cutting-edge technology for players to use in their match and are unlocked as contestants earn Heat. These include damage heals, berserker mode, enemy-trapping robots, aerial ammo attacks, devastating mini-gun action and more.
- Active Reload - Bullet Run moves fast, and your guns need to load even faster. The game offers an Active Reload feature. When you hit 'reload,' a circular interface appears. If you hit it just right, your weapon loads much faster. But be precise, if you don't hit the mark, your gun will jam.
- Six Killer Arenas - A thrilling assortment of game maps for players to explore and dominate including industrial landscapes, desert wastelands, and more.
- Fast-Paced Multiplayer Combat - Up to 20 contestants can battle on each episode in one of two game modes: Team Deathmatch or Dominion.
- Character Stylization - Players have access to hundreds of 'vanity' items to customize their characters and style, earning boosts and experience points in the in-game Style system.
- Weapon of Choice - Thousands of potential combinations per weapon from silencers and muzzle brakes to scopes, stocks and more allow players to fine-tune their weapon to match their game play preferences. Additionally, weapons decals and paintjobs will provide players true personalization.
- Bring on the Heat - In-game progression is rewarded through exciting play; the more Heat, the more fans. The more fans, the more players level up their Fame. Taunt, slay and humiliate opponents, increasing Heat and unlocking new skills and weapons.
Character Progression - Gain access to unique items and weapons as your character advances to new levels of fame (experience); you can also earn in-game currency to help improve and learn new skills.
- Killer Community - Add friends, join them in matches, and chat privately via the ComCenter.
Additional Features - Nemesis System to identify the contestant constantly blocking your path to stardom; Taunt System with custom animations to help pump up the crowd; Quickplay option; and more.