please link to this page, rather than our ftp server and PlanetMirror server directly. Thanks.
Castle Wolfenstein Linux Binaries v1.33 Lite Update
MB (7,776,599 bytes)
multiple mirrors available.
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
2002-6-4 Timothee Besset (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Standalone dedicated server
- Linux mod sdk
- Updated rotate.cfg to include the new maps (mp_keep mp_chateau mp_dam mp_rocket)
- Added g_axismaxlives and g_alliedmaxlives. These cvars superscede
g_maxlives when set. Used for setting maxlives independantly for each team
- Added g_fastres 1 (Defaults to 0). Player instantly gets up when revived by
a medi, is instantly mobile, but is only invulnerable for a second vs 3
seconds the old way
- Added g_knifeonly 1 (defaults to 0). This is a novelty for the
mp_destruction crowd on Xian servers
Players spawn in with knives only. Medics get 20 needles instead of 10
and can drop health as normally. Engineers can drop and arm dynamite. All
the MG42's are removed from the world.
- Added g_enforcemaxlives 1 (defaults to 1).
The way this works, is that when a client enters the game, their IP gets
added to a list. Any IP on the list is banned from connecting until the
next round starts. This is to prevent people from disconnecting and
reconnecting to get by the maxlives limitation.
listmaxlivesip (console command). Prints the current list of
clients who's IP's are being enforced with maxlives.
- added sv_lanForceRate (defaults to 1)
if 0, the rate is not forced to max for LAN clients, their setting is respected
- making sure the IP is always present on the server in each client's userinfo
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
This setup will install the linux binaries for Return To Castle Wolfenstein (Multiplayer and Single Player) in /usr/local/games/wolfenstein (or any other location you request). It WON'T INSTALL ALL THE FILES REQUIRED TO RUN RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN. You will need to manually copy a number of files to the /usr/local/games/wolfenstein/main directory.
From a retail win32 Wolfenstein installation, copy the following files to your /usr/local/games/wolfenstein/main directory:
63211149 Nov 13 22:14 mp_pak0.pk3
4449596 Nov 13 13:45 mp_pak1.pk3
1118 Nov 13 16:59 mp_pak2.pk3
315823656 Nov 13 12:50 pak0.pk3
293887431 Nov 12 17:20 sp_pak1.pk3
11026123 Nov 12 17:27 sp_pak2.pk3
If you don't have a windows installation to perform the extraction of the files, you can run the win32 setup from linux using WINE (http://www.winehq.com). Yes, we know it's a clumsy solution either way and we don't have an alternative to provide yet.
NOTE: The maps pack 1 (mp_pakmaps0.pk3) IS included in the setup. You won't need to download it.
ENTERING THE CD-KEY:
The first time you run the multiplayer game, you will need to go to 'Options', and click on 'Enter CD Key' button. Enter the CD key (it's on your CD Jewel case).
NOTE: you don't need to give a CD key if you are installing a dedicated server.
The binaries for the single player part of the game are included. Saved games from the windows version can be loaded, but the linux version saves with a new format that fixes a save game bug. Be warned that some < 1.1 windows saved games might cause a crash during play.
USEFUL FILES IN THIS INSTALLATION:
- see CHANGES for a summary of wolfenstein linux changes
- see QUICKSTART for quick instructions to configure your dedicated server
- see Docs/Dedicated Server Notes.html for more dedicated server information
HOW TO GET HELP AND REPORT ISSUES:
- A FAQ with known issues and information about the linux
binaries of Return To Caslte Wolfenstein is maintained
at the following address:
- If your problem is not described in the FAQ, look for help on
the linux forum on Quake3World:
- As a last resort, email me to report your problem:
|Return to Castle Wolfenstein Linux v1.32
All efforts are made to screen files for malicious content.
However, these files are provided by outside parties not
affiliated with Blue's News, and no support, warranty,
or help can be offered. Please address any issues to individual
Copyright © 1996-2013 Stephen Heaslip.
All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective
Blue's News design: 2 Design