Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Console Gaming > RDR Discussions

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Thieves Landing May 24, 2010, 16:08 Creston

If your honor is positive, the Thieves in Thieves' Landing won't like you much. So they'll randomly start shooting at you, yeah.

I'm pretty sure that if you're an outlaw, they'll do the same thing, but it probably happens less often.

I found all 9 treasures, so if anyone needs help, let me know. There was really only one very hard one, because it has no clues whatsoever as to its location. I randomly stumbled into the rock I needed.

FAN-TAS-TIC game. I just played the final mission, and fuck... That was the most unbelievable ending to a game I've ever seen.

spoiler : I feel fucking miserable over it. I'm not even kidding...

Edit : As for dueling, just aim at the guy's head (or his gun, if you want more honor), hold still for a moment, wait for the rectangle to flash from red to white (ie, more accurate shot), hit the trigger a few times (on the PS3 it's R1), let 'er rip.

And yeah, the Golden Guns fucking suck. Not only are they the weakest guns in the game, but they don't even WORK, since kills with them give you just as much fame as kills without them. Ie, it's a really stupid fucking bonus. Other people get the fucking amazing War Horse. I fucking hate this idiot DLC pre-order bonus crap where some people just get royally screwed.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Thieves Landing May 24, 2010, 07:32 Agrajag

Man, WTF is up with Thieves Landing? The first time I went there (on a side-mission for that weird guy standing on the edge of a cliff who claims to know you), EVERYONE in town just started shooting at me for no damn reason! And, if I tried to return fire, I'd lose 50 honor for every one of them I killed! WTF?! I can't defend myself without losing honor? And, the bastards shot my horse! ;-/

After that, I decided to reload and say screw that side-mission and that town, but strangely after reloading it told me I had still completed that side-mission somehow... But, thankfully, I had my horse back, anyway... So, I decided to head back to Thieves Landing again, but this time on stagecoach, so I didn't risk my horse getting shot again... And, this time everyone seemed downright civil! Not a single hassle, other than some loudmouth challenging me to a duel... Maybe it's just some random gang that passes through there occassionally, or something? *shrug* Weird...

But, damn, do I love this game! ;-)

11. No subject May 22, 2010, 05:20 xXBatmanXx

Jdrez. Nice work! I got asked to help someone's wife...I saw her sitting on a horse, and I hesitated - so when they shot at me, the horse took off and she was kicking and swinging! OMG!!!! SO I shot them quick, and when I went to her aid, it said she died and I failed. I was bummed...... I haven't had a chance to redeem myself on a random event like that one.

When it came to a hanging mission - it was quick decision while taking a few rounds - but that time I saved the person.

Really the only complaint I have atm is that the stupid dead eye auto target will grab onto a horses head on accident, and if I don't notice it I cap a horse and lose 50 fame.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. No subject May 21, 2010, 20:30 Sepharo

I know as soon as I break down and buy a PS3 or get my 360 repaired they're going to announce this game for PC.

Although Verno's comment about not having an open team to port it does make a lot sense

They should hire a different dev to do a really good job on the port.

9. No subject May 21, 2010, 19:06 Jdrez

Verno wrote on May 21, 2010, 09:22:
Man if you jump off the second level of a building and aim it properly you can land in the saddle just like in the movies. I had a crazy saloon shootout with some posse who rode into town, they chased me inside and I dashed out the top and jumped onto my horse then rode off into the sunset. This fucking game!

Tell me about it. Really is a wet dream for a guy like me who watched six hour Eastwood marathons on TBS as a kid.

Shot a hangman's noose last night with a winchester rifle from 50 yards out to save someone in the nick of time. It's like a little piece of heaven.

8. No subject May 21, 2010, 09:22 Verno

Man if you jump off the second level of a building and aim it properly you can land in the saddle just like in the movies. I had a crazy saloon shootout with some posse who rode into town, they chased me inside and I dashed out the top and jumped onto my horse then rode off into the sunset. This fucking game!  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

7. Re: RDR Discussions May 20, 2010, 18:56 xXBatmanXx

I cheated for the first one, the 2nd one was easy, the 3rd one was REALLY easy as you go to that location many times for missions. The 4th? Is in the new part, but it pretty generic. We shall see.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

6. Re: RDR Discussions May 20, 2010, 13:31 Jdrez

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2010, 01:46:
hay guys, wanted to start a thread here - it is getting pretty broken up in the main web page.

1. Treasure Hunter Maps. WTF? I am going to have to cheat.

Only done one treasure hunt, had to cheat with a youtube vid. The maps have a strange perspective method that doesn't quite work for me. I think the first clue was your normal POV, the 2nd was like an overhead view.

5. PC May 20, 2010, 13:29 Jdrez

Wouldn't surprise me if they don't port to PC. I read the console version cost somewhere around $100 million to develop.

Sucks since all but one of my friends refuse to play console.

4. No subject May 20, 2010, 11:12 mch

Spent a little while playing poker last night. Pretty cool setup, and better than the minigames included in GTA4. I wonder (but have my doubts) if you can play poker or other games at a table with other people in multiplayer? I'd definitely be impressed...not that this game hasn't been impressing me so far.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

3. No subject May 20, 2010, 09:24 Verno

There's also some speculation that there won't be a PC version at all for this game. I originally figured they would wait a year then port it like usual but apparently they were telling journalists that don't think it's financially viable and their usual porting method(breaking in new teams with an existing project) isn't possible because all of their teams are committed to other projects already for the next two years.

The game sure as hell doesn't look bad on consoles but I do lament the fact that I might not ever see it with all of the eye candy turned up.

2. No subject May 20, 2010, 08:53 Verno

Dead Eye Level 2 kind of sucks, the only way to unpaint a target is to exit Dead Eye and re-enter it. The Golden Guns totally blow, it's only the Cattle Revolver and the Carbine Repeater which get a coating. Worst preorder bonus ever, glad I managed to get the others from friends who didnt care about theirs. The War Horse is the best horse in the game, its pretty ridiculous. It can even take a cougar attack without dying like the other mounts.  

1. RDR Discussions May 20, 2010, 01:46 xXBatmanXx

hay guys, wanted to start a thread here - it is getting pretty broken up in the main web page.

1. Treasure Hunter Maps. WTF? I am going to have to cheat.
2. Dueling was going well. Now sucking. Pointers?
3. I now have my gold guns, but they are less powerful than others I had acquired - kind of a bummer. Very crappy bonus on Amazon's part.
4. Dead eye - how do I turn off auto shots? That sucks.

Weirdest thing I have seen...well 2 of them: (possible spoilers)
A guy jumps off of his horse and runs to a rock to take a whiz.
A guy is knealing by his dead wife (I assume) so he caps himself in the head and dies next to her....so I looted their bodies! :)

Great game. And i am still only in the main area of the map....just got done with Seth. Working with that Irish guy and the Tonic peddler. A lot of the challenges are fun as well.

/edit: AND HOLY SHIT COUGARS ARE RIPPING ME APART! They come in groups sometimes out of nowhere!

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo